twenty-one.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maki walked down the strip in her own little world, but she was well aware of the person following her. She stoppd and suddenly spun around and uppercut the person following her.

"...me!" the person grunted and fell to the ground from Maki's punch.

"I still got it!" She rejoiced, happy to know she can still fight any guy.

She looked down at the poor sap and recognized the outfit. "OMO! I AM SOOO SORRY TOP!" She bent down and tried to help him up.

He winced in pain, "You punch like a man."

"Thanks!" She grinned.

"You're so weird." He said and tried to laugh.

"Well who's the one following girls alone in the dark?"

"Sorry. I was trying to get the courage to call out your name. I didn't realize you have a built in radar in that head of yours." He knocked on her head twice with his knuckles.

"It comes in handy." He finally was able to stand back up and he rubbed his stomach, "I guess I should treat you out to a drink for that hit."

"Yes I do believe you owe me one. C'mon I know a good bar around here."

"I'm not going home with you!" She called out to him as he walked on without her.

"I wouldn't bring you home anyways!" He called back. She grinned and ran up to catch up with him.

He took her to a low key bar, it wasn't very fancy but it had a nice homey feel to it. "I used to come here to do rap battles. Miss this place." He reminicsed.

"You're pretty good at it, you have a weird sounding voice but it works."

"I know." He grinned and wagged his eyebrows at her. She laughed. "So tell me about yourself. How come you can punch like a man?"

"Lucky shot. Not all guys believe that a girl will turn around and punch him in the gut. How come you can't take a punch like a man?" She teased.

"Ouch and you talk like one too. Is there something I should know about?" He joked.

"You'll never know." They laughed and enjoyed their drinks.

"So why does Big Bang and DBSK have it out for each other?" She asked.

"We just like to take the school rivalries beyond sports. Seriously I have no idea...it's all about egos. Who can out shine who on the stage and off. Frankly I don't care, just as long as I get to perform and do what I love."

"So what was all that bull earlier about something deeper than gang wars?"

He laughed at her, "It's not bull. It's about the friendship. You know FRIENDS. I'd do anything for my brothers and my sisters. We're always there for one another for support and to slap each other if one of us gets out of hand."

Maki shrugged, "I can do that on my own."

"You're so independent."

"Well when you move a lot you don't really have to the time to make bonds and when you do you have to break them. At least with yourself. It's up to you if you're strong enough to fend for yourself or just let yourself fade in with nothing. I for one make sure that no matter what, I can do it on my own."

"Impresseive."

"I know."

Top and Maki chatted most of the night away. He was so much easier to talk to than Jae Joong, and she didn't understand why. Did she care? Not at all. And she didn't get those weird chills either. Top was friendly and didn't talk in weird cryptic messages or like a ert. Finally the bar was closing and they parted ways. He offered to take her back but she declined. She enjoyed his company, but she still didn't trust him a .

She made her way back to Sanny's house. When she reached the house a shiny black BMW Z4 sat outside the gate. "Oh damn..." She looked around but didn't see him anywhere. She turned the opposite way to go to her house.

"YAH!" She heard him yell out from somewhere. She turned back around and he was walking out of the front door with Sanny walking behind him. "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!"

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!" She argued back.

Please log in to read the full chapter