forty-nine.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day at school Maki went to her first, third, and fourth class. She skipped her second, knowing that Jae Joong would be there. She wasn't angry at him...she just didn't know how to explain herself to him. And if he still thought she was going to apologize to that damn Sayuri he had another thing coming. She sat under the huge oak tree during second period, feeling the breeze blow through her hair.

She sighed, "I miss you too Eomma," she whispered quietly. She heard the bell ring for lunch and she sighed pulling out her boxed lunch for the day. As she ate she started to rummage through her school bag for a bottled water. She sighed, she remembered that she had left on the counter this morning. "Well I can't avoid him forever can I?" She muttered and stood up, brushing herself off so that she could go to the cafeteria to get her something to drink before she choked on her rice.

She walked into the cafeteria, pretending not to care...although she did want to look for him. She missed his gorgeous face...she missed his husky deep voice. But no, she fought her instincts and went to the vending machines.

"Look there's Maki." Hyo pointed out. Everyone turned to look and sure enough, there she was walking to the vending machines not paying anything or one attention.

"Hyung, go talk to her." Junsu said, "You guys are REALLY annoying!"

"Yeah seriously, you guys are worst then me and Ae-Cha." Yoochun said, "AI!" He said when Ae-Cha punched him in the arm, they both glared at each other.

"You know she's more stubborn then you are...she'll probably never talk to you again...forever." Yunho pointed out.

Jae Joong winced as he looked at the back of Maki's head. He couldn't NOT talk to her forever.

He sighed, "But she's making it so complicating...all I asked was for her to apologize to Aya."

"Right...the little brat who was hanging on your arm in front of YOUR GIRLFRIEND. I TOTALLY see the logic in that oppa." Hye Su said sarcastically.

"But she's JUST a friend."

"So does that make Maki JUST your girlfriend?" Changmin asked.

"Oppa, at this point you're going to blow it. You better go make it up to her...before she decides Top might just be the best choice." Eun threw in.

"She wouldn't dare..." Jae Joong said and turned to look at Maki.

"It's Maki we're talking about oppa, as strong willed as she is. One pretty faced boy with the right words...and she'll be gone. For good." Sanny said, crossing her fingers under the table. She knew it wasn't the truth about Maki but whatever it took to make Jae Joong go talk to her was worth it.

"Hopeless, just forget it. Jae Joong can't do it. Goodbyyye Maki-chan." Song said, edging Jae Joong further.

"She was so nice...I really liked her." Yuri said. "Oh well all good things must come to an end I suppose..."

Jae Joong groaned, "AIISHH! I'LL GO!" He said and stood up.

"Oppa Hwaiting!!" The girls squealed. He rolled his eyes and grinned as he walked to the vending machines.

He walked up the line that had formed and tapped on the boy's shoulder that was behind Maki. The boy, a nerdy little thing, grinned and backed away with a nervous m

Please log in to read the full chapter