forty-eight.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Aya?" He called out. He pulled Maki's arms away from him and walked away from her, Maki stayed frozen.

"Aya...is that what she calls herself now?" She asked herself. She listened as they chatted and caught up with each other. The rest of the group piled out of the restaurant. Everyone looking at Maki and then over at Jae Joong with the other girl.

"What are you doing?" Hye Su asked Maki.

She turned to Hye Su slowly, snapping out of her reverie, "Nothing...just thinking."

"Ohh hey I almost forgot, meet my girlfriend." Jae Joong said and walked over to Maki, pulling her arm to turn her around. Maki didn't want to, she didn't know what she was going to do if it was her. She slowly turned around, her eyes avoiding the girl.

"Maki this is Aya, one of my old friends from middle school."

Maki finally took a look at the girl and the recognition almost threw her off her feet. She felt her wound throb with pain.

"Hello...Say...Aya." Maki said through her teeth.

"She's cute oppa. Only you would pick such a girl."

"Yeah I know..." he said and kissed her head. Maki looked at the girl who was smiling back.

Suddenly Sayuri walked over to her and hugged her, pressing into Maki's wound, "How's your wound? Are you still hurting?" She whispered into Maki's ear.

Maki lost it, she burst out of her arms and shoved her pushing her to the ground. She fell like a leaf, but Maki swore she saw her smile. She hit the ground with a thump and she started to cry.

Jae Joong pushed past her and to Sayuri's aide, "YAH! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" He yelled at her. He helped Sayuri up and held her tight to him. "Are you ok?"

She nodded, "I'm sorry it's my fault...I always forget that not everyone likes to be hugged by a stranger."

"You're not a stranger...you're one of my closest friends," he said looking at her. She smiled up at him and Maki wanted to throw up.

He turned to her with anger in his eyes, "Apologize to her Maki."

"Are you kidding me?" She asked.

"What the hell is your problem?" He asked angrily.

"My problem?" Nothing seemed to be registaring with Maki at the moment, Jae Joong holding on to Sayuri...smiling at each other, him defending her. She shook her head and started to walk away.

"Maki!" He yelled out for her, but he didn't follow her.

"Go after her." Sayuri said with big doe eyes.

"No it's ok, she can take care of herself. Let me help you home."

The group watched in silence, not sure what to do or who to follow. "Girls, come on." Hye Su said and she started to walk in Maki's direction. The girls followed and the guys knew where they were going...after Jae Joong. The girls lost sight of Maki, Sanny called her house but her father said that she hadn't made it home yet.

"Who knew Maki had a jealous streak in her." Hye Su said.

"No she doesn't...you should know better than that Hye Su." Sanny said.

"Yeah I know...I really can't find any f

Please log in to read the full chapter