forty-three.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

The group continued to walk but Hye Su had a bad feeling. "Hey you guys go on ahead, I forgot something..." she said and quickly ran back after Maki.

She ran after Maki in the same direction but didn't see her anywhere. "MAKII!" She yelled out for her. She turned around when she heard a moan. Hye Sue turned and saw a figure sitting on the bank...under the same tree from only months before. "MAKKIII!" Hye Su yelled and quickly ran over to her.

Maki sat against the tree and clutched at her side, sweat rolling down her face. "Are you ok?" Hye Su asked.

Maki shook her head no, " hurts like hell." She said and grinned.

"Move your hand and let me take a look." Hye Su removed Maki's hand and blood drenched her white shirt, Maki winched and groaned. "OMO! WE NEED TO GET YOU TO THE HOSPITAL!"

Maki's head leaned back against the tree as she winced in pain. Hye Su pulled out her phone and called her dad, who happened to be a doctor. Hye Su cradled Maki in her lap as she applied pressure to the open wound. Maki kept drifting in and out of consciousness.

"Don't you dare to go sleep on me or I swear I'll kick your on this bank again." Hye Su threatened, tears falling from her eyes.

Maki grinned, "As if I'd let you."

Hye Su laughed, "What happened Maki?" She asked suddenly, becoming serious.

She shook her head, "Nothing for you to worry about."

"I know we're not the best of friends, but I can't have you dying on me...it would kill Jae Joong."

"I don't think that's an issue anymore. He doesn't want anything to do with me."

"Don't lie to yourself, you as well as any of us who knows you two can see how much you guys love each other. Do you know why he was so angry with you?"

"I broke a promise..."

"Yes...but Jae Joong's parents were never around for him, they've broken soo many promises to him...he's always been alone.

Please log in to read the full chapter