nineteen.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maki rolled her eyes, she refused to be part of a stupid high school gang war. She got up and walked away from the table. She casually made her way to the bar...could you even call it that? They didn't serve anything alcoholic...seems a bit off to go to a bar and say, "Hey can I get a cup of orange juice?" Maki shook her head, although this was a weird bar...she had to admit she loved the atmosphere. Everyone seemed at ease...it seemed like here the whole gang thing was left outside the door. But then again once you were outside, you don't know the guy that you flirted with or the girl that you danced on the floor with. You're all back to 'we're the best and no one else can compare to us' mentality. She sighed and sat down on a high chair.

"You ok?"

Maki turned at who was talking to her. The nicely shaped eyebrow and narrow eyes boy was sitting next to her. "Fine. Just hate all that crap. Gangs...just stupid."

"2 cokes please." He ordered, the 'water'tender handed him his drinks and he offered one to Maki, which she took. "It's what we do to pass the time. Besides it goes a lot deeper than you think. To you it seems like another turf war, to us it's what we're willing to fight and protect."

"Thats the thing...why are you fighting to protect something that you don't care about?"

"What do you mean?" He asked turning towards her.

"Ok, you fight and defend for a piece of land that you don't even give back to. I don't see any of your rich faced, snotty nosed jerks helping the elderly, cleaning parks, streets, NOTHING to give back to what you want. It's pointless. All I see is shiny cars, couture outfits...DOGS IN 4,000,000 WON BAGS! RIDICULOUS!" She preached.

He laughed, "You're so passionate. I'm Top by the way."

"Maki...and someone has to be dammit. Besides I'm not a big city girl. I hate it here."

"You're not giving it a chance."

He looked at the girl next to him, her face was a mess, but she looked so real...she was different he could tell. She shrugged.

"Why don't you join our girls? I'm sure you'll fit in with them."

"I don't even go to your school."

"Switch then."

"Yeah right. Besides there is no way my dad would let me switch schools...no matter what."

"Then go on a date with me. I'll show you what you're missing out in Seoul." He gave her a mischevious grin.

"I don't know...let me think about it? I don't really like to hang out with strangers."

"Then why are you with DBSK?"

"Not by choice..."

"Did Jae Joong do that to your face?"

"Hardly...anyways I'm going to go back, I'm starving." Top followed her back to the table and the curly haired pigtail girl had taken Maki's spot next to Jae Joong.

They were chatting away about something and he didn't even look up when she came back. Top went over to talk with the rest of the guys leaving Maki

Please log in to read the full chapter