fifty-eight.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

She looked at Jae Joong looking down at Sayuri as they worked next to each other laughing and smiling at one another. A perfect picture. Jae Joong turned around and noticed Maki, "Hey! You're home, finally. Aya and I came over to cook you an "I'm Sorry" dinner for the way we treated you earlier."

"I am so sorry. I was too forward about some of my comments earlier. I hope you won't hold it against me." She hugged Maki tightly. "It was wonderful riding in your boyfriend's car without you. His hand brushing up against my bare thigh, was almost unbearable." Sayuri felt Maki's body tense up in her grasp.

"Glad you guys came. But I'm not hungry, sorry to disappoint but I've already made plans with Red Hana tonight." She said through gritted teeth.

"Maki. You can cancel those plans. You're being selfish right now." Her father said.

"Appa, you're always telling me to find some girls to hang out right? Well I finally have, they'll be angry with me if I ditch out on them."

"What about Jae Joong?" He asked her.

"He has his own friends to go to." She said and walked out of the kitchen.

"I'm sorry. I guess...it was too early. I shouldn't have come." Aya said tearing up.

"No no no sweetheart. My daughter is just a bit rough on the edges, she's been like that ever since her mother passed away. It might also be my fault. You are not at fault here young lady do you hear me?" Mr. Park said to Aya to comfort her, however had he only known that his words were only false statements as they left his lips.

"I'll go talk to her Mr. Park." Jae Joong said.

"Yeah you better go. Thank you Jae Joong."

Jae Joong just shook his head and walked towards Maki's bedroom. Before he could get to it, the door opened and she walked out, having changed out of her uniform and into a pair of jeans and black fitting button down shirt. "Maki stop this."

"I'm not doing anything. You should've asked before popping over like this is your house,," she said.

She paused when she realized what she said to him. She turned towards him, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."

"I know," he said quietly looking at her. "But stop being childish Maki. Aya is being sincere, you're only making things worst."

Maki sighed, "You don't understand Jae Joong." She said looking at him, the look on his face was too much for her to look at. He was so confused, hurt, and she knew he was trying to understand her. She knew that she was the reason why things were so strained between them, but how does she tell him that his precious little Aya was the one that murdered her mother in a psychotic rage?

"THEN HELP ME UNDERSTAND! I'm sick and tired of trying to figure you out! How am I suppose to fix what I'm doing wrong when I don't know what's going on."

"IT'S NOT THAT EASY!" She turned away from him, these raw emotions were ripping into old wounds that she was trying to lock away. "I need to go. The girls are waiting on me."

"Maki...MAKI COME BACK HERE!" He called out to her but she only responded by slamming the front door.

Aya and Jae Joong rode in silence as he drove her back home, "I'm sorry this dinner didn't work out." She said.

"No it's ok. It was my fault for just springing this on her. I should've known better, Maki's just stubborn, she'll come around."

"I hope so. I really want to be friends with her." They pulled up to her house and she turned to look at Jae Joong, "Thank you for being such a great friend Jae Joong."

"No problem. Always here for you." he said. She turned and put her hand on his, Jae Joong looked at it and felt slightly uncomfortable.

"Have a goodnight." She said and walked out of the car, her short skirt giving

Please log in to read the full chapter