forty.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maki skipped school the next day, her dad had woken up and noticed that Maki was not up yet...like normally. He walked into her room and she was still asleep. Her eyes were red and puffy from having cried all night. He sat down on her bed and placed his hand on her head.

"Are you ok Maki?" He asked softly. She nodded and made a move to get up. He placed a hand on her shoulder, "It's ok...take the day off today."

"Thank you Appa." She said in a small voice.

He looked down at her and his heart felt bad, he hadn't seen her this vulernable in so long, "I'll make you some soup. Maybe I should stay home this weekend?"

"No, no way...Appa, you need to go on a vacation. It's ok. I just need a day to myself...that's all."

"Alright...I can tell when I'm not wanted around." he joked.

"APPAAA..."

"Too far?" He asked grinning, she nodded. "Ok ok...just get washed up and I'll have soup waiting for you."

By mid afternoon Maki was still sitting around, staring at the tv but not really watching it. Mr. Park really didn't want to leave her but his plans were pretty final. That and she would probably hate him if he stayed for her. He sat next to her on the couch, suitcase packed. "Maki-chan. I have to leave now...are you sure you don't need me here."

She turned to him with a small smile, "I'm sure...you go and have fun. I'll be fine. The girls are going to be coming over to take me out."

He nodded, "Ok..well you know my cell number. I left Uncle Won's number on the fridge...and I will see you Sunday."

She nodded, "Have fun Appa, you deserve it!" He kissed the top of her head. "Tell Uncle Won I said Hi."

"Will do darling girl. Be safe," he said and left.

Maki's phone rang. She looked down it was Jae Joong calling again for the millionth time. "Babo...don't you know I'm angry at you and I don't want to talk to you right now?" She clicked her tongue and shoved the phone into the couch cushions.

++
Right after school the girls came and got her, she tried to clean up as best she could...but the girls saw right through her.

"What the hell happened to you?!" Ae-Cha asked.

"Nothing!"

"YAH! You're a horrible liar...you and Jae Joong...tsk." Hye Su said annoyed.

"What about Jae Joong?" Maki asked.

"He's been moping around campus all day. He's like a ghost answering in one to two words, paler than a sheet of paper, I swear he's even floating."

"Unnie what happened between you two?" Yuri asked.

"Nothing...just got in a stupid argument last night."

"Ehh it happens...Yoochun and I argue AT LEAST once a day." Ae-Cha said grinning.

"C'mon we'll take you out and make you feel better, you can't by him a present when you're angry at him." Sanny said grabbing onto her arm.

The girls took her out and she did feel better. Mostly they complained loudly about their own boyfriends but it kept Maki's mind free. They shopped for hours, everyone had found a gift for Jae Joong but Maki. What was she to do? Everything she looked at...just didn't fit him. What do you a buy a man who has everything? She sighed.

"I can't believe I c

Please log in to read the full chapter