twelve.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day at school was the weirdest one yet for her. She got to school and people were staring at her again, but this time there was something else behind those looks. There was a spark of interest.

"...they know." She muttered to herself. She sighed, this was going to be the longest day of her life. She walked into the classroom and Sanny was sitting in her usual seat but Hyo was gone, "He must've already left." She took Hyo's seat. "How are you feeling?" Maki asked Sanny.

Sanny turned to her with a huge grin, "I'm better."

Maki giggled, "I'm sorry its hard for me to see that when you have a huge black eye and busted lip."

Sanny laughed, "I know Hyo said the same thing to me. I'm going to miss him."

"It's only for a week. You'll be able to survive...are you guys dating?" Maki asked with interest.

"Noo. We're going to take it slow for now." Sanny said with a smile, "But I'm excited."

Maki was happy for her friend, but sad for herself...will she ever be that happy? She shook the thought from her head when the professor entered the classroom.

After class the girls parted ways, Maki was instantly greeted by a group of girls she has never seen before.

"Join us!" The chubby one in the middle yelled.

Maki looked around her, "Uhhh, no thanks?" She said and walked by her. The girl grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. Maki grabbed the girl's arm and twisted it behind her back and slammed her up against the wall, "I said no...and I was nice about it. Try to touch me again and I'll make those rumors come true." She whispered angrily into the girl's ear. She wasn't even sure what the rumors were about, but she figured she'd use that to her advantage. She turned and glared at the other girls and let go and walked off.

Maki was pissed off, this was NOT how she wanted things to be. She didn't want to be noticed this year, but that seems to have flown out the window.
She came to her classroom and had forgotten all about the incident with Jae Joong last night until she walked in and found that the only seat available was the one right next to him. He was wide awake today and waving at her, that beautiful crooked smile on his lips. She sighed, "As if this day couldn't get any worse..." she trudged over and took the seat next to him. She ignored him. He tried to ignore her too, but it was useless, he wanted to talk to her and wanted her to talk to him.

"Hey...uhmm. Are you having a good morning?" He asked awkwardly trying to make conversation.

She turned to look at him, "Greeaaattt." She said sarcastically, "Already I've had one invitation to join one of the stupid groups here at this school."

"Stupid? Why do

Please log in to read the full chapter