thirty-two.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jae Joong laid awake in bed. He held a hand mirror up and studied his face. He turned and moved his head to check out the bruises that would be appearing soon.

"Aish...this girl. Always ruining my face," he looked over at her and stuck his tongue out at her. Then he saw the bruises and cuts that had already formed on her face. "Aigoo, I was too rough with you last night..." he turned over and started to caress her injuries, kissing her forehead where a knot had formed, her cheek where a bruise was turning it's deep shade of purple, and finally lightly on her lips where blood had dried.

Her eyes slowly blinked open and then she sat staring back at him, expressionless. He braced himself for the screaming and profanity. Instead she said, "Good morning."

"Morning...are you...not shocked?" He asked.

"Why should I be?"

"Because you're in bed with me."

She pursed her lips together and shook her head no, "It's not the first time...besdies I'm where I'm supposed to be."

"Ehhh, who's hitting on who here?" He joked, she smiled and then winced in pain. He grimaced with her. "We were a little rough last night."

She massaged her jaw, "Eh but it was worth it. I finally got to hit you again," she grinned and winced again.

"I let you hit me." He said.

"As if."

He chuckled, "C'mon let's get ready we've been laying in a sand filled bed all morning. And I can't wait to see everyone's face when we walk out together."

"..." she muttered.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not sure if I'm ready for all of that..."

"Don't worry, I'm here. Can I ask you something?" He asked, she nodded...not sure where this was going. "What happened last night? What pushed you over the edge?" He looked at her waiting for her to answer.

She looked away from him, but not before he could see the hurt, deception, and tears in her eyes. He pulled her into him, "Ok you don't have to tell me I won't push it."

She sighed, her breathing uneven. "Last night, I went to the hot springs to relax...I found out that Top and his curly haired girlfriend had been using me...no both of us. Top had been trying to woo me to get me to switch schools. To join their group. It was all lie, everything he said...every kiss he gave me. His girlfriend is gorgeous...I was nothing." Jae Joong's arms tightened around her, his body tensing with anger. Wait till he sees Top again.

"Want me to break his face for you?" Jae Joong asked.

"NO WAY!"

"Why not?" He asked pulling away from her to see her face.

"Because I want to do it," she said her gaze still and determined.

Jae Joong laughed and nodded, "Okay fine." He said and kissed her forehead, "But I get at least a hit in because he's such a prick and tried to take you away from me."

Suddenly she grabbed him and pulled closer to him, she lifted her head and he felt her lips kiss his jaw. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Not realizing before how much I...want you."

"My fault...you found me and Hye Su that day and I just let you go. I should've fought with you and told

Please log in to read the full chapter