twenty-six.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maki went home and saw a silver Land Rover sitting outside her house. "...you've got to be kidding me. AISH!!" She groaned and stomped her way inside her gate. She walked into the house and Top was sitting in the living room. "Hey what are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd drop by and ask you out for dinner, but your dad invited me to stay instead." Top grinned. She smiled back and went to the kitchen.

"APPA! HAVE YOU LOST IT?!" Maki almost freaked out when she walked into the kitchen.

He turned and looked at her innocently, "I tried to tell him you weren't here but he said he'll wait in the car...that was over an hour ago. I felt bad for the guy and asked him to come inside...then you still didn't come home so I invited him over for dinner. What happened to Jae Joong?"

"Nothing happened to Jae Joong. Why would anything happen to him?" She asked annoyed.

"Aren't you dating Jae Joong?" He asked non-chalantly. Maki gave him a fierce look, "Ok maybe not," he answered his own question. "Go keep the boy company one dinner won't kill him. And please for the sake of my sanity...stop talking to boys until after I'm dead huh?" He said sarcastically.

She stuck out her tongue at him and he laughed.

She went out to the living room and sat with Top on the couch, "What are you watching?"

"Random show. Your Appa seems a little..."

"Nosy?! MEAN?! A RUINER OF ALL THINGS POSSIBLE TO HIS TEENAGE DAUGHTER'S LIFE?!" She said loudly for him to hear. She heard him slam the oven door shut. She smiled approvingly. "He isn't. He's a great dad. Looks out for me and cooks a mean kimchi casserole." She whispered. Top gave her a weird look about the casserole, "Don't nark on it until you've had it." She grinned. He laughed and leaned in and kissed her forehead. She quickly sat back and stared at the tv.

"How much longer until dinner's ready?" He asked.

"15 minutes...tops." She said. He nodded and grinned, then slid next to her, his arm draped across the the couch. "Why didn't you just wait for me after school?"

"I did but I think I got there too late, I got chased out by Jae Joong again, are you SURE there's nothing going on between you two?"

"Did you not see that leech of a person attatched to his right arm?"

"The pretty one with expensive taste?" Top asked, Maki nodded. "I see. Ok then so you're free for grabs."

"Excuse me but I'm not a toy from a grabbing machine."

He laughed in her ear and they sat next to each other like that for another 10 minutes, not saying anything but just enjoying the tv show. Suddenly he moved over,

Maki took a glance at him but didn't make any kind of movement.

"Ok kids dinner is ready," her dad suddenly appeared into the living room. Maki looked over at Top who winked at her. She rolled her eyes and grinned and got up to go to the dining room.

As they ate her dad grilled Top on his life. "Do you drink Top?"

Top almost choked on his food, "An..ann..anniyo."

Her father stared him down a bit, Maki kicked her

Please log in to read the full chapter