forty-one.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

++
Jae Joong sat at his kitchen table. Even though it was his birthday he had decorated his dining room so elaborately for Maki. A chocolate cake sat on the table. The chair across from him, empty. 2 hours had passed and Maki was still not here wishing him a happy birthday, he held his cell phone in his hand. He had already called 20 times leaving her a various amount of voicemails, from angry, to pleading, sheer wonder, and finally disappointment. He stood up from the table and grabbed the cake dumping it into the trash bin. He went to get ready for his birthday celebration with people who actually cared about him.

--
Hye Sue walked into the club 30 minutes after the planned time. "Damn facial..I can't believe I fell asleep. Woman does work wonders though," she said to herself while looking at herself in her hand mirror before stepping into the VIP room.

The whole gang was there and she turned to Jae Joong, he was face with a girl...who was not Maki. Her face fell, confused. She looked at the others, they shrugged just as confused as she was. "Happy birthday Jae Joong Oppa," she said to him. He pulled away from the girl and turned to her.

"Heey thanks! I'm glad you cared enough to come." He said.

Hye Sue made a face, "Jae Joong would never say anything like that...what's going on?" She wondered to herself. Hye Sue took a seat next to Ae-Cha, "Where's Maki?"

"I don't know...he came without her and said that they broke up."

"But I saw her about 3 hours ago...she was going home to go get ready."

"I don't know...she's not answering anyone's phone call."

"Has anyone stopped by her house?"

"Sanny and Hyo did, no one was home."

The girls looked at each other they looked away when Jae Joong decided to make a toast.

**
Maki slowly came too. Her head throbbed and she felt small fingers carassing her face. She noticed that her hands were bound behind her back.

"Yayy Maki-chan you're coming too!" A small childlike voice said happily.

"Look hear you little psycho..." Maki started.

A skinny finger was placed on her lips to stop her, "Why aren't you being nice to me Unnie? I've missed you so much...at least I know you haven't forgotten me."

"Forget you?" Maki laughed darkly, "How can I forget the person that killed my Eomma?"

"No no no...I didn't Maki-chan," she pulled Maki into an embrace, Maki tried to struggle but it was useless.

They were both laying down on her bed. "Ok...well maybe I did, BUT I hated seeing how loving you were with her...it made me so jealous."

"She was my mother you little psychotic piece of..." Maki started again but the girl placed her lips on Maki's causing her to go still, her hands clenching into fists, wishing that it was around her skinny little neck.

"Why don't you kiss me back?" She asked her eyes big with tears.

"Look here...I've told you. I don't like you. Get over your crazy obsession with me!"

She sighed, "I didn't want to have to do this...but I guess I have no other choice."

Please log in to read the full chapter