forty-six.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

What should've been a 30 minute trek he made it in half the time. He slowed as the sound of the waterfall blocked out the sound of his own breathing. It was a loud roar but in the roar he could hear another voice grunting. He slowly made his way over and stopped at the edge of the trees to watch. Her hair was pulled back into a bun, some of her hair had come loose and draped around her face in pieces. He watched as she did a running start and jumped into the air for a flying kick, however in mid air as she extended her leg she yelped in pain, grabbing her side and falling to the ground with a thud. Jae Joong made a move to go to her but decided against it. She moved into a fetal position on her knees, Jae Joong's heart broke as he listened to her cry. Suddenly she started to slam her fist down hard onto the ground, venting out her anger. Her body shook from crying. Jae Joong grabbed his chest, feeling his own heart constricting. It hurt him so much to watch her to know that he was part of that pain and anger.

Finally she pushed herself up into a sitting position, her sweat had attracted the dirt to her body. She sighed and turned to face the waterfall. She stood up slowly and started to undress from her workout clothes. He watched as she moved gingerly as if it hurt every part of her body to move. She slid her pants down to her ankles and stepped out of them, Jae Joong looked at the muscles in her legs, muscular and lean. Then her shirt came off and he could see the broadness of her shoulders. However there was tape around her midsection. She took down her hair, how come he's never noticed how long her hair has gotten in the past month? He watched her as she slowly walked into the water, then she dove in gracefully letting the water wash over her tired, dirty body. She jumped out of the water suddenly and stood up looking into the sky, letting the sun warm her face.

Suddenly she turned around and stared at the trees behind her, "Who's out there?" She asked.

Jae Joong froze, scared to death of what she might do if she found out it was him of all people watching her swim.

"Tetsu, if that's you I swear I'll go over there and rip your eyes out of your sockets and shove them so far down your throat you're going to be able to see out of your !" She yelled.

Jae Joong bit his lip, "She's scary..." He heard the water splash as she made her way out of the natural pool. "Oh ," he muttered. He took a deep breath and took a step forward out into the sunlight, leaving the blanket of the dark trees. He looked at her as she watched him. She only had her shirt on, the front still opened as her hands stopped moving. "Anooo..." he started in Japanese.

She looked at him and suddenly broke into a run. He almost turned to run away afraid that she was going to do to him once she was in striking range, but he stood his ground. He deserved whatever was coming for him. He locked his body waiting for the hit that would probably kill him. He waited...her arms looped around his neck, "She's going to take me to the ground," he thought, however he stayed completely upright. Her soft lips barely caressed his neck, because that was about as high as she could reach on him. She held him tightly and buried her face into his the crook of his neck and shoulder. Instinctively his arms wrapped around her wet body and he held her close to him.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered into her hair and kissing the side of her head.

She pulled back and

Please log in to read the full chapter