fifty-three.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maki walked out of another closet for the millionth time this afternoon and yet again Jae Joong would not look at her.

"Yah! How am I suppose to find a stupid dress to wear if you're not going to look?!" She asked annoyed again.

"No can do...I don't want to spoil my surprise, besides that is what the helpers are for."

She turned to look at the helpers, who were standing no where near her. Instead they were in a corner giggling and looking at Jae Joong. "Hmph I think you have a better chance of getting help in a dress then I do." She sighed, "What color are you wearing?"

"Probably just white and black...maybe grey, haven't thought about it yet." He said still not turning to look at her.

"Can't I just wear my black dress from the other night? Or even my pink one?"

Jae Joong grinned as he thought about her in those dresses, "I wouldn't mind...but we're trying to impress my parents here...and all those other people."

"What 'other' people?" She asked cautiously.

"I've been thinking...my parents have been trying to get me married off since I'm 18 now. More than likely this party will have a LOT of girls from 'prestigous' families who could potentially be my future in-laws and wife."

"So why the hell are you wasting your time dating me?" She asked.

Jae Joong sighed and finally turned around. He was momentarily shocked as she stood in a silver one shouldered gown.

"What makes you think I'm wasting my time?" He said getting up and walking over to her. She backed up a little. He eyed her as he finally stood right in front of her. He could hear the other girls in the store holding their breaths wondering what he was going to do. He turned his head to look at them then turned back to Maki and kissed her. He heard the other girls squeal in delightful annoyance.

Jae Joong pulled away, "What part of 'saranghae' don't you understand?" He asked rhetorically.

"Look I don't want you to buy me a dress. I don't want to be the poor girl."

"I never said you were."

"But that is what people will say."

"Can't a loving boyfriend buy his wonderful girlfriend a gift?"

"Not when the gift is..." she turned to look at the price tag, her eyes almost popped out of her head "4 million won?!" She quickly turned around to take it off but Jae Joong grabbed her by the elbow.

He sighed as he turned her around, "It's nothing. The guys buy the girls gifts every time."

"But they can pay them back."

"What makes you think that they do?"

"Yuri might..."

"I know what you're trying to get it at...and I understand. But if we're going to win over my parents...you kinda have to do things the "Red Hana" way. If you catch my drift. At least just long enough until they disappear for another 3 or 5 months." He said, a flicker of hurt flashing across his face.

Her hands instinctively reached up and held his face, "Okay...we'll do it your way." She gave in.

He grinned, "And one more thing."

Please log in to read the full chapter