sixty-one.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Later that night Jae Joong went to her house. He paced in front of the gate debating whether or not it was too soon. She'd probably kill him on sight. Mr. Park came walking up the street to his home and saw Jae Joong pacing.

"Oy." Mr. Park called out to him. Jae Joong turned around and looked at Mr. Park with sad eyes, Mr. Park's heart twisted a little, "Aish, you really can't stay mad at someone who was so good looking." Mr. Park thought to himself.

"Mr. Park, I sincerely apologize." Jae Joong said instantly and got to his knees, his head was 2 centermeters from touching the ground before Mr. Park ran up and picked him up.

"Aigooo!" Mr. Park exclaimed and started to dust him off, "How is the heir to Kim Communications going to bow down to me? The netizens will have it out for me if they found out I let you dirty your clothes and that pretty face of yours." He lectured.

"But Mr. Park...I hurt Maki so bad, you probably want to kill me."

"I do...but then that daughter of mine would be so sad that I took away her one thing that has made her smile so much recently. She'd probably kill me." Mr. Park said. He shook his head, "Come in."

"Won't she be mad?"

"Who said I was going to let you see her? I want to talk to you myself."

"Yes sir." Jae Joong said and followed Mr. Park inside. They went and sat down on the deck that overlooked out to the city night.

Jae Joong stared out in awe.

"Hmph. Nice view for common folk isn't it?" Mr. Park said as he poured out shots of soju for them.

"I've never seen you or Maki as common folk." Jae Joong answered.

"You may not see us, but in this society that is what we are. I know how your parents are thinking. I've heard Maki pray to her Eomma about how she will never be good enough for you. You know that poor child has prayed to her Eomma about you since the first day she encountered you?"

"Really?" Jae Joong asked in pleasant surprise.

"It's true. I'd often listen to her pray to her Eomma. Yah, Jae Joong you're such a complicated one. It's bad enough you're the first...well second boyfriend she's only had ever in her life. She's not used to being in a relationship. She's not used to opening up to people. Especially not after we lost Eomma, that was one of the hardest blows she's ever had to deal with. You of all people should know that the loss of a parent is devasting. But I can promise you that lately her prayers to her Eomma have been happy ones. She'd tell her about you and how she can stop staring at you, and how good you make her feel. She said one night, 'Eomma, Jae Joong-ssi makes me so happy I don't know what to do with myself.' Believe it."

Jae Joong looked up at the moon and smiled, then he turned and looked at Mr. Park with a serious face, "So it is true that her Eomma was murdered? And the case has been unsolved since then?"

Mr. Park swallowed the lump in his throught, "Yes. It's true. I've always felt that Maki knew a little bit more to the story than I do, but she's denied it."

"Why would she deny anything that would bring Mrs

Please log in to read the full chapter