fifty-two.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jae Joong dropped Maki off at home and went back to his place. He wanted to stay with her again but thought better of it. He went back to his house and was surprised to find his parents there.

"Jae Joong!" His mother said happily when he walked in the door.

"I thought you guys left."

"We did but we were planning on some things."

"What things?" He asked cautiously.

"Your birthday party. We still feel horrible about missing it, so we're going to throw you a HUGE party for you and your school friends."

"It's not necessary."

"Oh please Jae Joong? I know your father and I really haven't been here for you, but please just let us."

He sighed, he hated being the nice guy. "Ok fine."

She squealed with delight. "Ok and make sure you invite your girlfriend! Maybe I can take her shopping, she doesn't look like she'd have a decent dress."

"You don't have to. I can do it myself." He said, not really wanting Maki alone with his so-called 'mother'.

"Hmm... alright. Well the party is set for this weekend! Invitations have already been mailed out. So all you have to do is show up." She agreed without a fight.

"Right." He said, "Well I'm beat and I still have homework to do." Jae Joong said and quickly went to his bedroom. As he sat on his bed, he had a bad feeling about this party but he couldn't back out of it now.

He grinned as he thought about Maki in another dress. "Hmm. She better come," he said outloud as he thought about what he might have to do to convience her to come to the party.

--the next day at school.

Maki slammed her locker shut, "NO." She answered loud and clear.

"Why not?!" He asked in surprise.

She glared at him knowing full well he knew the reason why she didn't want to go. "Don't play stupid. You're pretty but you're not stupid." She said.

He sighed, "Maki you owe me a birthday."

She raised her eyebrow at him and crossed her arms. "I showed up, having run 10 miles with a stab wound, you left me."

He cringed. "Ok fine low blow. But please just come! My mom asked that you be there, she even wants to take you shopping." Jae Joong saw the horror on her face, "Don't worry I told her I'd take you myself." He added quickly, her features softened a little but the look didn't disappear.

He looked both ways down the hall which was starting to clear since class was about to start, Jae Joong quickly pushed Maki up against the locker and grabbed her by her waist. She squeaked and he quickly pressed his lips against hers to keep her from yelling obsenities at him. He kissed her long enough to distract her and short enough so that he didn't get lost into it. He pulled away, "Will you please come to my birthday party and let me take you dress shopping?"

She groaned, "I hate you..."

He grinned. "Good, I'll be wai

Please log in to read the full chapter