sixty-two.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

The group had about a month left to prepare for their battle with Cho-Young. DBSK and RH had a lot of meetings with the rest of their crew to talk about battle plans and training strategies. It was voted that Sanny would be fighting instead of Yuri, both had made considerable progress but Sanny was showing more faster improvements. But Yuri would not be able to take on Sayuri aka Aya...they would still need one more fighter. No one in the group had any luck pulling up old information on Sayuri. Cho-Young seemed to be keeping her information tightly underwraps.

One night after dropping of Maki off at her house Jae Joong turned to walk back to his car. Just as he was about to get in he was blind-sided by a hit that knocked him out instantly. Two huge burly men grabbed his limp body and threw him in a van.

When Jae Joong came too again he was sitting in fancy looking room, he noticed that he had been dressed into a tuxedo. He looked across the table and saw his parents facing him. His mother had a tight lipped smile upon her face and his father was glaring at him, as usual. The large door to his left opened and he turned his head, another male and female walked in, Aya promptly behind them. She sat in the empty chair next to him, a sad smile on her face.

"What's going on?" Jae Joong asked leaning towards her.

"My parents found out that we ended the engagement..." she said quietly.

"..." he muttered under his breath and covered his face with his hands. He knew he was done for at this point. His father cleared his throat and Jae Joong sat up properly in his chair and stared down at the silverware.

"Konbanwa." Aya's parents greeted in Japanese. The parents started the usual small talk in Japanese. Jae Joong listened closly to see if anything major was being discussed in the small talks, but nothing gave him a clue as to how much trouble he was in.

"Jae Joong-san it's good to see you again. Have you been well since your birthday party?" Mrs. Inoue asked him.

"Hai, it's been interesting to say the least." Jae Joong answered.

"It's good to see you again, I'm sure Aya is happy as well since transferring to Seoul Academy." Mr. Inoue said.

"Well we know our Jae Joong will take care of his fiancee." Mr. Kim said smiling, he threw a quick glance over at Jae Joong.

Jae Joong stood up quickly and bowed very low towards the Inoue's, "Sumimasen. I can't be the one to marry Aya. As a friend I will look after Aya, but as her husband I can not. I apologize for my childish actions and accepting something that I knew I can not do."

"Sit down Jae Joong." Mr. Kim said with a fierce authority.

Jae Joong almost wavered but he refused to, "No." he said and looked his father straight in the eyes. "I can't do this to Aya or her parents."

"So you will dare to disgrace your own family? Your flesh and blood?!" Mr. Kim's anger was starting to bubble. His wife placed a hand on his arm to calm him.

"Jae Joong, I understand your feelings for Maki...but in the end she is not fit for this world. What could she bring to you that Aya can not? We are looking out for your best interest and in the end Aya is not."

"What do you know about Maki? You've only met her once..." Jae Joong said.

"We know that she is from a middle class family with mediocre grades. She only excels in martial arts and only has a father. Her mother, God rest her soul, was murdered."

"Probably doing God knows what." Mr. Kim muttered.

"You researched her?" Jae Joong asked a bit disgusted.

"We did it out of the goodness of our hearts." Mrs. Kim added quickly.

"I can't marry Aya. I don't know whats going to happen between me and Maki but can't you just leave us alone?! Can't I decide who I marry!?" Jae Joong asked.

"Not if you're going to choose some girl whom does NOT have a good upbringing!"

"Good upbringing?!" Jae Joong almost screamed, "She had a better upbringing then I EVER could've imagined was possible."

"WHAT!?" Mr. Kim yelled, "Look you ungrateful little..."

"MR. KIM!" Aya jumped in quickly, Mr. Kim cleared his throat and held back. "I'm really good friends with Maki and she is a wonderful girl. Although she doesn't have a rich background like we do, she is the only person who can go head to head with Jae Joong-ssi. I understand both sides of the issue and I feel like maybe we're too young for this whole marriage idea."

"That is not acceptable Aya,

Please log in to read the full chapter