thirteen.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

That night Sanny came over. "Ahh so this is the friend my Maki-chan has been talking about!" Her dad squealed. Maki sighed in embarrassment. "I thought there was another one?" He asked, looking between the two girls.

"There is but he's gone on some kind of training for a week." Sanny said.

"Interesting...so what do you girls have planned for tonight?"

"Going to the movies." Maki watched as her dad and Sanny chatted away easily. "He always does this to me..." but she was glad her dad finally got to meet Sanny, she was starting to worry that he was worried that she was being too much of a loner at school. What kind of dad worries more about his daughter's personal life then she does herself?

After awhile Maki just dragged Sanny to her bedroom. Sanny walked in and almost fainted. "What?"

"You're room is...so girlie. I wouldn't expect that."

"Just because I like to fight doesn't mean I can't be a girl...I just don't take it to the extreme as some people."

Sanny looked around Maki's room, the room itself was a pale yellow, her blanket was a bright treal. She had teddy bears all over the place, from plushies of her favorite animes, to huge mashi maro and pucca dolls. She had stationary all over her desk and her laptop was a bright purple one. Her fabric on her furniture was a bright green. "Amazing..." Sanny sighed. She looked at Maki's outfit, a regular pair of jeans and a plain black tshirt. "Oh no that won't do." She said shaking her head.

"Huh?"

"You're not going to get a boyfriend in that outfit."

"I don't want a boyfriend."

"Doesn't matter, we're going to have fun tonight and you're going to talk to boys...and not fight them."

Maki clicked her tongue, but she didn't mind, it was nice to have a girlfriend...it's always been her and her dad. It was a change and maybe she needed to change too. When they came back out, Maki was now in a black shirt dress that buttoned down the front, a huge black belt was around her stomach, and she wore strappy wedges. Clothing that her Appa had brought for her in hopes that she would change her hardened exterior a bit.

Her dad looked at her when she came out. "The movies right?"<

Please log in to read the full chapter