fifty-five.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maki stood around downing glass after glass of juice and champagne. Finally it caught up with her and she was on a mission to find the bathroom. She passed through some curtains and entered a darkened corrider, the only light coming from one light fixture. Someone grabbed her by the arm and pulled her towards them, her back against the wall.

"Don't hit me!" Jae Joong's husky voice whispered frantically before she could pull back her fist. She let out her breath.

Then she shoved him, "Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!" She shoved him again just because of Aya.

"OW! What was the second one for?" He asked, then he laughed, "Yes and no." He stepped back to take a better look at her. He didn't say anything for a couple minutes.

"Look, if I look like hell you don't have to pretend."

"On the contrary," he said and walked up to her, bending his head down so that his lips were at her ear, "You are absolutely breath-takingly beauitful," he whispered.

His hands rested on her hips as he pulled her into him, his lips grazing her shoulder and then moving to her neck. He found her lips in the dark and kissed her roughly. Her arms tightened around his neck as he pushed her up against the wall. She took deep breaths but it only made her more light-headed as she took in Jae Joong's clean scent. Finally he pushed himself away from her and hugged her tightly to his body. Her eyes slowly closed as she found herself wanting to fall asleep peacefully in his arms.

"Why are you hiding back here?" She finally managed.

"Ehh, still waiting for the grand entrance, apparently they have some good news to share. What are you doing back here?"

"Looking for the bathrooms," she answered. She looked at him and she wished she could get a good look at him, but this lighting was horrible.

"I saw your grand entrance out there. I'm jealous."

"Why?"

"Watching all those people's eyes on you and I wasn't able to go out there and claim you as mine."

She laughed, "Yah. You're more of an eye candy than I am."

"I wish you could see the affect you have on people."

"Oh I do. When my fist connects with their faces...it's a pretty good affection," she joked.

He sighed, "Is fighting all you think about?"

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Well its just that someday, you're going to have to grow out of it."

She was silent, still unsure where he was going with this.

"All I'm saying is that if we're going to win over my parents, you can't show them the side that likes to get into fights...the barbarian. Sometimes you're going to have to act like a Red Hana."

"Barbarian? Yah! Jae Joong-ssi, I'm sorry I can't be overly impressive...but a 'barbarian' if you will. But if you ever tell me to be like Red Hana again...I'll kick your ."

"Exactly! That's what I'm saying...the Red Hanas wouldn't even have to say anything to threaten someone." He continued, completely ignoring her rant.

"Have you completely lost it?!" she asked, she could feel the tears threatening to surface, "You should've known better the kind of person that I am before you decided you wanted to be with me," she said and pushed by him. Jae Joong watched as she walked away. He sighed and quickly went to go take his place for the grand entrance.

Maki went to the table and plopped down onto a chair. "What's wrong Maki?" Junsu asked, concern written all over his face.

"Nothing...just bored that's all," she answered.

"Awe you miss Jae Joong? He'll be out in a bit." Sanny said grinning. Maki just gave her a smile before should say anything the Kim family's entrance began.

The groups table was front and center, the Kim family walked out and Jae Joong looked at Maki. She shot him a look and then turned away. Jae Joong ignored it.

"Family and friends. Thank you so much for coming tonight to celebrate our son, Jae Joong's, birthday with us. We are happy that you can all attend. However we have a surprise for you all tonight, at age 18 Jae Joong is now set to take over the family business. We are proud of him and very proud of this union. Tonight we are happy to announce Jae Joong's engagement to Aya Inoue, who is the daughter of one of our Japanese business partners. She has agreed to transfer here to Korea to be closer to Jae Joong and learn the ways of our home and culture. Aya please come up here."

The room erupted into cheers, a couple of girls actually ran out of the room

Please log in to read the full chapter