fifty-four.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was the night of the party and the girls came over to Maki's house, uninvited of course, to get ready.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" Maki asked when she opened the door.

The girls barged in, "We figured the last time you were suppose to show up Jae Joong's birthday, you were close to being fatally injured and you showed up in our school uniform." Ae-Cha said.

"It's best not to let history repeat itself." Yuri added.

Maki rolled her eyes and all 6 girls piled in, "At least a normal one out of the bunch is here." Maki smiled when she saw Sanny.

Sanny laughed, "You should know better, I'm worst then they are."

"Tcchkk. I know."

"I've missed you." Sanny said quietly.

Maki looked at her and started laughing, "You're worst than Jae Joong!" She hugged her best friend, "I've missed you too," she whispered, she let go and turned around as she heard the other girls admiring Maki's room.

"Gosh Maki who knew you had such girly taste." Eun pointed out.

"Yah...you know..." she sighed, "I'm not even going to try to defend myself."

Song laughed, "Yah! One day you're going to become a Red Hana without you even knowing it."

"PUH-LEEASSE!" Maki said and stuck her tongue out at Song.

"So what you think you're better than us?" Hye Su asked, the mood died quickly.

Maki turned towards her and crossed her arm. "Yeah," she answered simply.

Hye Su walked up to Maki and looked her in the eyes, Maki dropped her arms and stared right back. The girls watched tensely, this could get really ugly--REAL fast. Hye Su smiled suddenly, "See! Red Hana material!" The other girls let out their breaths. They all laughed and started to get ready.

By the time the girls were done, Maki's once tidy room was strewn with clothes and glitter seemed to touch every surface of her room. They all stood around staring at each other. As always Maki was taken aback at how beautiful these girls were, it was one thing when they were in their regular clothes or school uniform, but then they transformed into these beings with this princess-like air to them.

The girls stared back at Maki, Hye Su tilted her head a bit, "You know...you really do fit in with us so nicely."

"Whatever." Maki said.

"Seriously...why are you always downing yourself. Look." Ae-Cha grabbed her and shoved her in front of the full length mirror.

"You're not a half bad looking girl Maki." Eun added.

"I've always tried to tell her that." Sanny added.

Yuri grinned, "Really now, you ARE the one who stole Jae Joong's heart."

"She'll never understand." Song stated.

Maki caught a glimpse of the girls in the mirror, all strikingly beautiful, all too wrong in what they thought of Maki. Her eyes slowly shifted to look at herself within the mirror. She stared at the girl in the mirror and wasn't sure if she recognized herself. In her own mind she had seen herself as plain Maki, nothing super duper special. However the girl that was in the mirror had been transformed into...something. Maki wasn't sure what that 'something' was, but it was interesting. Maki wore an dary grey, empire waisted, goddess style dress. It was layered and flowy at the bottom making it look like Maki was gliding when she walked.

"You know if I didn't know any better...this may be a look into their future." Hye Su commented.

The other girls giggled. "Sanny would SO be the maid of honor!" Yuri stated.

"You better pick us nice bridesmaid dresses!" Ae-Cha said grinning.

However Maki wasn't listening to them, she was still lost in the image before her...what would Jae

Please log in to read the full chapter