fifty-nine.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

He made a final walk down the bank next to the river. A solo figure sat on the cement, legs swinging off of the steps. He pulled out his phone and texted the group to let them know that he found her and that they could go home. He quietly made his way down towards her and could see her as her body shook, however he couldn't tell if she was cold or if she was crying.

"Eomma." He heard her say, "Tell me what to do? I'm so crazy about this jerk. It's scary how much Appa likes him too. But Eomma, I'm so scared. What if this isn't right? What if I'm fighting a losing battle? My heart can only take so much loss. I feel like I'm going crazy..."

"I'm not going to let you fight alone woman." He finally said. She turned around and saw him standing behind her. She quickly wiped the tears from her face. He sat down behind her and pulled her into his arms. "You're freezing." He whispered into her hair.

"My heart feels like it's slowly stopping for you."

"You told me I was here for you...won't that make you here for me?" He asked. "Don't give up on me...don't give up on us."

"Jae Joong-ssi I've never been so scared in my life until I met you. I don't understand these feelings."

"It's called love."

"How do you know for sure?" She asked.

"You say that your heart feels like it's slowly stopping...have you ever thought that maybe it's beating so fast that you can't tell that it's even beating at all? Whenever you see me do you not feel lightheaded and dizzy as if you're being lifted into the air too fast? When I kiss you, doesn't your body react to me? When you see me smile or hear my voice, doesn't your heart melt?" He asked. She nodded once, "Then that is love."

"How do you know?"

"Because thats exactly how I feel whenever I'm around you. Even when you yell at me or look like you want to kill me. All I want to do is pull you into my arms and kiss you like crazy until you forget why you're mad at me. Whenever I watch you fight, you always amaze me the way your body moves so quickly and fluidly. You're so beauitful that it hurts my eyes too look at you sometimes. In my world, you're the Jae Joong that everyone wants and can never get enough of. You're like a shiny toy that everyone is dazzled by."

"You give me too much credit."

He chuckled and squeezed her, "I meant it when I said 'saranghae', didn't you?"

"Of course. Yo

Please log in to read the full chapter