seventy-five.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

When the next day came, Jae Joong and Maki went to the police department to file a missing person's report. With the accident at her home yesterday they were told that there was already an APB out on her father, she thanked them and gave them Jae Joong's number since her phone was now useless. Jae Joong smiled sheepishly.

The school day came and went and the afternoon was spent training for the battle royale. There was only 2 days left now and the school was buzzing for the annual showdown. As the group practiced Maki helped Mi-Sung, Sanny, and Yuri, she was impressed at how well the girls were becoming with their skills. Maki had not received anymore texts from Sayuri but she knew it wasn't over yet.

She had a feeling in her gut that she wasn't going to be able to witness the battle royale.

On the night before the infamous day, Jae Joong and Maki were making their way back to his house. They were surpised to find the chief fire fighter there.

"Hello." The young couple greeted him.

He nodded, "Do you mind if I speak to the both of you inside?"

"Of course." Jae Joong said and lead the way into the house.

The chief let out a low whistle as he walked inside the house, "I never thought I'd ever step a foot inside the Kim Corporations home." He marveled at the home.

"It's nothing much to brag about. No point in having a big house when no one is around." Jae Joong stated.

The chief wasn't sure how to respond so he just continued to follow the two. They went into the living room, where Jae Joong left Maki and the Chief to make some tea.

"Would you like for me to start?" He asked Maki.

"I would but then Jae Joong would probably throw a fit so we should probably wait." She stated with a small smile.

The Chief smiled back, he had a daughter her age...he didn't know what she would do if something like this happened to him. Regardless her eomma was around, but the chief did some research on the family and the past was a dark and horrible one for her. And yet here she was sitting across from him, trying to be strong...but you could tell the weight of the world was upon her shoulders. However when Jae Joong stepped back into the room, her persona changed. It was obvious that the love that these two shared was something unimaginable...that he was her strength.

Jae Joong poured the tea for everyone, "Any news on Mr. Park?" 

The chief shook his head no, "But I'm bothered about the girl who had first reported the fire. She is no where to be found and the cell phone that she had called from has been disconnected and is untraceable."

"That's weird..." Jae Joong said.

"Who was the girl? Did anyone see her?" Maki asked, she had a good idea of who it would be.

"Some of the witnesses say it was a girl wearing your school uniform. We're thinking she may have been part of the fire starting."

"That doesn't h

Please log in to read the full chapter