twenty-four.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maki was aware of the bright sunlight that was touching her face, but she didn't want to wake up. She groaned and turned to her side, she felt the breeze that drifted up her skirt. Her eyes flew open and she saw Jae Joong laying down on the cot next to her's.

"Where am I?"

He turned and looked at her, she noticed the huge bruise on his left eye. "On the rooftop of the old gym building."

"Why?"

"Because you passed out earlier."

Her stomach grumbled.

"Well you're just in luck the bell just rang for lunch. Let's go." He sat up on the cot and threw his legs over the side. He held out his hand to her but she refused it and sat up herself.

"Why are you mad at me?" He asked.

"I'm not."

"Well if you're not then why are you suddenly not talking to me again and you left early yesterday."

"I felt like I was intruding on your friends time together with you."

"Bull. You're mad because you saw Hye Su kiss me."

"I don't care...and from the looks of it you both were enjoying it. I'm happy for you and Hye Su, your little group is now complete."

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" Jae Joong asked frustrated.

"Nothing." She muttered and got up, he followed her to the cafeteria, but then they seperated as he headed for his usual table and she to her usual area.

She sat down at her table and was surprised to not see Hyo and Sanny again. Suddenly the DBSK and RH table erupted into loud cheers.

"Today we'd like to welcome two new members to our family!" Yunho announced.

"We're very proud to have them join us and are glad that they did!" Hye Su announced. "Stand up you two and let's weclome our newest DBSK-er Hyo and our newest Red Hana Sanny!!"

Maki's head snapped up from her plate. She looked at the table and saw Hyo and Sanny standing up and bowing. They both then turned to her with apologetic looks on their faces. She smiled at them and gave them a thumbs up. "At least they're safer now..." she said. Happy that her friends found a good group. She looked down at her plate and smiled sadly to herself. "Lunch is definitely going to be boring now..."

Jae Joong looked over at Maki, she was smiling to herself and just picking at her food. He watched her for five minutes then she got up and trashed her food and left the cafeteria, without even eating. He wanted to go after her...but it was pointless, that and he didn't want another black eye. The rest of the day passed by warily for Maki, she couldn't concentrate on anything and the back of her head was pounding. She was sure she had some sort of head trauma...When she walked out of the school building all the girls were huddled at the gate squealing about something. She didn't care, she walked out not even paying attention to the gorgeous person waiting outside for her.

"YAH! YOU'RE JUST GOING TO WALK AWAY FROM ME?!" She heard a familiar deep voice scold her.

She looked up and saw Top glaring at her with a boyish grin. "Top, what are you doing here?"

"Thought I'd come pick you up."

"For what?"

"A date."

"I never answered you."

"You take too long. I'm just forcing it upon you now."

"What are you doing here?" A husky voice asked angrily from behind Maki. She turned around and Jae Joong was coming towards them with the rest of DBSK and RH in tow.

"Just came to see a friend." Top said. The two started to size each other up.

"I suggest that you leave, this isn't your turf." Jae Joong said.

Top made a sarcastic laugh and looked away. Suddenly he felt a hand in his, "Thank you for picking me up for our date." Maki said grinning at him. He looked at her amused. Her smile was gorgeous. "C'mon

Please log in to read the full chapter