thirty-one.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Top pulled her outside and instantly brought her into him, hugging her. "Please tell me you're not going to leave me for him." 

"Huh?" She asked coming out of her reverie.

"I can't lose you...not now, not when I finally have you. You are the BEST thing that has happened to me Maki. Don't let go of me for him."

She pulled away from Top to look at him. "What are you talking about?"

Tears rolled down his face, "Can't you see how much I love you Maki? Me...Top. Jae Joong doesn't feel the same way. He's only using you." Top pleaded with her. "I love you so much, you've brighten my days ever since I've met you. You awakened a part of me that I had forgotten. I need you Maki," he said pulled her into him, kissing her full force.

"KISS HIM BACK!" Her mind yelled but she couldn't. Her body felt disconnected from her mind, everything was a blur. Finally Top stopped kissing her and his arms slowly let go of her. She looked at him, his eyes wouldn't meet hers. "I need to think..." she said and turned and walked away from him.

++
She sat down in the grass of the garden, the slight breeze swirling her hair around her face. She sat there for two hours just thinking. The soft breezes made it feel like her mom was there with her, comforting her. Finally she looked up at the sky and stretched out. Everything finally made sense to her. How she didn't see it before she didn't understand but it didn't matter and she couldn't waste another second. She quickly got up and ran back into the spa. She looked for Top all over the place, she had to apologize to him. She had been wrong...she had to make it up to him. She went everywhere but he was nowhere to be found.

The dinner party had ended and it was pretty late, would everyone be sleeping? She went to Top's room, it was empty. Although she did notice that his outfit that he had worn earlier was hanging neatly on the closet door. She sighed, defeated. Unable to tell him to truth, she walked mindlessly through hotel...and then decided she need a deep in the hot springs to relax herself. She went back to the room that she shared with Hyo and Sanny. They were already asleep when she walked in quietly, changed, and left again.

She made her way down to the springs and walked into the women's changing room. As she undressed she saw another set of clothing already in a locker. She didn't pay any mind to it and went out to the women's hot springs. She didn't see anyone else out there. She shrugged and carefully got into the spring. The hot water felt wonderful against her cool body. She sighed and laid her head back against the rock looking up into the starry night. Maki heard giggling coming from somewhere. She looked around but saw no one.

"Stop it! Someone is going to hear us!" She heard a female voice warn. Maki rolled her eyes, she realized that a couple was having a midnight romp in the men's hot springs.

"Please! Who is going to catch us?" That familiar deep rough voice asked playfully.

Something snapped inside of Maki. She quietly and swiftly jumped out of the spring. She grabbed a towel and quietly went to the men's hot springs. She had to make sure that she was gravely mistaken...because if she wasn't, there would be hell to pay. She saw the entrance to the men's hot spring and quietly poked her head out. A male had his back against the wall his arms spread out along the rocks. Maki watched as the curly haired girl from Cho-Young High seductively took off her top, exposing herself to her male partner. Maki continued to watch as she straddled his body and then they kissed. So passionately.

Finally the girl pulled away.

"How long are you going to string that ogre around?" She asked.

"Until she joins our school, I've told you...she would be a great asset."

"Then how are you going to explain to her that I'm actually your girlfriend?"

He just shrugged at her, "One thing at a time baby. First we need to get her on our side."

"Well it looks like you're going to have a hard time...especially with the way Jae Joong is with her. You're losing your touch."

"I'm losing my touch? You're not having an easy time with him yourself from what I see. He was your job to deal with."

"Hmph. He's a stubborn fool who doesn't know a good thing when he sees it."

"Perhaps."

"Either way, I'm getting sick and tired of seeing you with her. I'm ready to kick her face in...along with the other girls from RH."

"Why would you want to do that to one of your future protectors?"

"Because she's messing with MY boyfriend. Now shut up and kiss me." She said and devoured Top's face again.

Maki stood in the shadows, anger shaking every part of her body. She quickly turned and walked away before she decided to go out there and murder some people in the buff. She went back to the women's changing room and threw on her clothes. Muttering curses to Top. She was glad she brought her sneakers, she needed to let off some steam.

She ran down to the beach and started running. She ran up a mile and back. When she reached the hotel again, just the look of it pissed her off again and she started to do some of her calming exercises. Nothing worked, she

Please log in to read the full chapter