seventeen.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maki finished the last note and it rang in the living room. "Awesome acoustics..." she whispered.

"WOOOW! YOU EVEN ADDED YOUR OWN FLAIR TO THE PIECE! I LOVE IT!" Sanny squealed.

"Yeah, well sometimes you just have to experiment, that and Canon in D was the first piece I ever learned, gotta change it up every now and then. Come on, let's go watch TV. I'm getting sleepy again."

"Are you feeling sick?" Sanny asked worriedly.

"No...I just want to lay down." Maki said. They both walked over to the couch and Maki laid down, five minutes later she was fast asleep on the couch.

Jae Joong walked into the living room, "You're back." Sanny said to him.

He grinned and looked over at Maki. "Fast sleeper."

"Well I guess I better head out, thank you again for watching over her...and finding her. You must love her."

Jae Joong laughed, "Love? That's a bit too strong, but I do have this weird affection for her."

Sanny just shrugged, "Bye Jae Joong sunbae."

"Bye." He said and walked her out and into a cab.

Jae Joong walked in and took Maki up to his room. He laid her down on his bed and went to sit at his piano. It's been a good while since he's sat down and played, he missed it actually. He sat down and started to play random melodies that he'd start but never got to finish. Maki slowly woke up to the soft sound of a haunting melody. It was the softest tune that had so much sadness behind it. She sat up and realized she was in his bed again. She peeked over to the piano, he was concentrating on his melody as he was looking down at the keys. His lips pursed in concentration. He was handsome. His dark brown bangs covered his eyes. He looked up at her, that intense look again.

Jae Joong stopped playing and smiled at her, "Awake now?"

"That was beautiful." She said looking at him.

He shook his head no, "Not like the way you play."

"You heard?"

He nodded, "You know you seem to amaze me more and more every moment. A tough girl like you...can play a piano with such grace."

She shrugged, "I'm still a girl...hopeless romantic. Just without all that extra sweetness."

"Well I'm not much of a sweet-eater. I like spicy foods."

"I'll keep that mind."

"Let's go out for dinner tonight." He suggested.

Maki was a bit disappointed, she actually wanted to stay in alone with him and eat his delicious cooking. "Sure your house. Are we meeting up with your group?"

He shook his head no, "The girls are doing their own thing tonight."

"Damn..." she muttered under breath.

"Why do you ask?"

"No reason...just wanted to thank them for a fun time last night. That's all."

Maki showered up and put on her borrowed sweats again. She really didn't have anything to wear, her dress from the night before was a pure mess. Dirt stains everywhere...dried blood. If she's going to dinner with an immaculate Korean God like Jae Joong, she couldn't walk out of the bathroom...let alone into public like that.

She sighed and walked out, "I guess you can go out alone. I'll just hang out around here." She said as she stepped out. She stopped dead in her tracks. Jae Joong had his back turned towards her--giving her a nice view of his broad, muscular shoulders, but he was slowly turning to face her...well it was a regular pace but in her mind everything just looked cooler in slow motion. He finally faced her, he wore a white dress shirt, that he was folding up the sleeves, and the first three buttons were undone, exposing part of his white, soft skin. He wore dark grey sla

Please log in to read the full chapter