03

Fallen Angel

His POV

The breakfast…. is a pure silence.

 

None of us even utters a word. I’m too shy to talk while she seems busy with her own thoughts.

 

I never liked silence before, since I was one of the talkative angels up there. There’s no word ‘silent’ in my dictionary, because everytime it goes silent, I will just break it with my random talk.

 

But not this time.

 

It’s my first time to find myself comfortable in a silence like this. I feel like, in a great peace, just like in the heaven. How could this be? I’m still on Earth right? Never knew being with human could be this peaceful. All I know is humans are one of the creatures doing destruction everywhere. But seems like it’s wrong.

 

I keep eating my food like there’s no tomorrow.

 

I feel the urge to just blow up my stomach since it keeps asking for refuel. Her cooking tastes great, better than the one chef angels cook, which are sweets, cakes, and their families. I pounce every bit of her cooking and take glances on her, to catch her eyes full of sadness. Weird, she was smiling before, why do her eyes look sad now? Uhm wait, did I do wrong to her? Did she got into problems because of me? To hell, I haven’t even said 'thank you' to her.

 

Thoughts are coming continuously in parade, and I find myself choked on my own food.

 

I panickly hit my chest several times, resulting into choking even more. I inhale deeply but I can’t since the food blocks the way. Okay, I can’t get enough oxygen for my poor lungs. Goodbye Earth. Hello Heaven, I never knew I would go back to you this way.

 

As I keep thinking random things of being dead because of choking, I realize there’s a glass passed on me.

 

It’s her,

 

with smile again, saying softly, “Slow down dude”

 

Her POV

This morning, is a little bit different than any other mornings, since I got this stranger to accompany me having breakfast. It’s been a long time since I last had someone having breakfast with me.

 

But still, the atmosphere is just like the same with other mornings, sad.

 

Though it actually feels warmer than before. Maybe it’s because I’m no longer alone in this place.

 

It’s a quiet breakfast, when I suddenly hear the sounds of hitting. I take glance at him, who is now hitting his chest several times.

 

This dude, seriously, can’t he get any weirder? He hasn’t talked any words since this morning, he eats like my cooking tastes the best, and now he’s choked with his own food.

 

I secretly smile and quietly stand up, getting some water for him. Then I pass it on him. “Slow down dude”, I say, making him to look up and face me who are now handing the glass over him. He stares at me and quietly takes the glass. He drinks it and then sighs a relief, signing that he’s able to breathe normally again now.

 

I sit down and continue my breakfast, as I catch a glimpse of him staring at me. Those eyes… seem familiar.

 

His POV

Finishing our breakfast, she stands up and slowly takes all of the dirty plates on the table. Is she going to clean the dishes? Maybe I should help. But what should I do? I never washed plates before.

 

“Go clean yourself now, I’ll change your bandage later after I’m finished with these”, she says to me who is now staring blankly at the table. She stacks all of the dishes on her hands and wobbles to the sink. It looks heavy, maybe I can help her bringing it.

 

I stand up and walk towards her, taking several plates and glasses from her. She turns her head on me and stares confusedly at me.

 

“It’s heavy, you’re not fully healed. No need to help, I’ll finish up myself”, she says and tries to take back the plates and glasses from me, but I dodge her.

 

“No, I’ll help”, I say. It’s the first sentence coming out from my mouth today. I just realize I haven’t talked until now and even I haven’t introduced myself to her.

 

She stares at me with widened eyes.

 

“You talk? I thought you were a mute”, she says teasingly, earning a glare from me. Me? Mute? No way!

 

“Oops, no offense, you haven’t talked earlier”, she says as she softly laughs, making me awkwardly smile.

 

She’s right, I haven’t talked since this morning, argh she must have thought I’m weird. I keep looking down to my feet, feeling shy again. Why am I feeling nervous next to her?

 

“I’m Jihyun”, she says as she puts all of the plates in the sink. She reaches out her hand, asking for a handshake. I then put the plates too in the sink, and shyly take her hand.

 

“I’m Baekhyun”


Thanks for the support guys :D And if you don't mind, please do check my other fanfic hehe. Once again, thanks! *bow 90 degrees*. Comments and subscribes are loved :)