Girlfriend surprise

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuhua has to admit that she not once understood the craving behind tattoos, the Yeh weren't extremely conservative and her little sister got her first tattoo as soon as she entered university but for Shuhua... it wasn't something she wanted for herself.

 Shuhua never expected to cross paths with someone as breathtaking and strong as Seo Soojin. She wasn't looking for romance at the moment, she had been intensely focused on her engineering projects, but it was Soyeon's birthday and she had promised she would go. Soyeon had made a small dinner for her closest friends and it was there that Shuhua saw Soojin for the first time. Soojin was helping Soyeon prepare dinner and Shuhua was taken aback by how beautiful she was. Soojin was distracted cutting the meat, and Shuhua had to fight to drag her eyes away from how shockingly toned her arms was and the intricate melange of colours that spread all over her skin.

-Shu, you made it! And you are early?!It's a miracle!
Shuhua just rolled her eyes

-Happy birthday unnie

Soyeon gave her a big hug and gestured towards Soojin

-This is Seo Soojin, we grew up together and she recently moved here because she is an incredible choreographer and finally these idiots decided to recognize her talent.

-SoSo...

Soojin smiled shyly and Shuhua felt her heart skip a beat.

-Miyeon unnie let the Doenjang Jjigae burn so... would you like to help us?

And that's how Shuhua helped the two in the kitchen, as the guests started to appear, Soyeon had to go and welcome them and the two were left alone in the kitchen. Their conversation flowing which helped in getting through the task, Soojin is an easy person to talk to, funny and soft spoken, so different from her appearance.

-Your arm is full of tattoos, why?

-There is something about the buzz of a tattoo needle that I find comforting. 

-You enjoy pain?

Soojin smirked with the double meaning

-I have liked tattoos since I was very young, they are a reminder of the important things and people in my life, to always cherish them and to keep them close even apart

Soojin pointed to the numbers on her hand

-1849 is the ID number I share with my mom, this heart is a friendship tattoo I got with one of my oldest friends

And as Soojin explained each of her tattoos, Shuhua listened to her attentively.

Shuhua hadn’t enjoyed herself like this in a long time. The conversation kept flowing between them, from one topic to another without pause or awkward silences.She couldn’t seem to pull away from Soojin, she certainly had something; a compelling talent for pulling people into her orbit, an indomitable force of will. To Shuhua's sadness, the hours passed quickly and they soon found themselves walking towards their cars in the parking lot.

-I guess I'll be going now.

Shuhua said as Soojin came to a stop in front of her car.

-I just wanted you to know that I had a good time tonight.

-Thanks Soojin ssi. It was very fun hanging out with you.

 There’s a comfortable silence as they both looked at each other, before the choreographer clears .

-Can I get your number Shuhua ssi?

.

.

After the dinner at Soyeon’s they had made it a tradition to have dinner together at least twice a month, both were extremely passionate and dedicated to their work but they loved each other's company. It was usually at Soojin’s place because it was easier,she stayed up late rehearsing with her groups and lived close to the company. They knew there was something more between them, but they never discussed it, it was easier to avoid the topic than to face their feelings, They were friends, friends that spent all their free time together, and shared a bed when they stayed at the other’s house, and cuddled while watching movies. Shuhua hadn’t dated anyone since Areum and she wasn’t thinking about it. She knew whoever came along would be immediately compared to Soojin, and no one could ever come close to her. Her best friend was special. She took care of her even with her busy schedule, Soojin went above and beyond which left Shuhua wondering why she had ever settled for less than that.

.

Soojin came out of the bathroom adjusting her shirt while handing Shuhua a tie

-Thank you for the help Shu

Shuhua´s breath had caught at seeing the gorgeous woman in front of her

-Sure... you look good. The suit, yeah...

Soojin´s suit was tailored, hugging in all the right places and Shuhua couldn't take her eyes from her 

-I don't usually dress like this but it's a big company event

Soojin says while trying not to get carried away by Shuhua's closeness, she smells so good as her fingers brush against her skin, working on her tie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter