Warm - part 6

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

- Seems like she's just a normal girl with a pale skin…

 

Miyeon whispered to Yuqi, who looked up at her with a blank expression while she played with Haku on the carpet.

 

- Seems so.

 

They got in silence for a couple of seconds until Miyeon whispered:

 

- But you looked for the blood bags in the fridge, didn't you?

 

Yuqi looked around to be sure no one was listening to them.

 

- I did.

 

- I knew it! We're so stupid, honestly, we watch too much teenager movies.

 

Miyeon said before Eunbin got back from the bathroom, both joining Yuqi on playing with the puppies for the rest of the afternoon.


 

The sun was almost setting, Shuhua was helping Yuqi and Soyeon with carrying the lunch boxes with leftovers Soojin made for them. When the wind started blowing and Shuhua felt a scent invading the air, different from anything she felt before, she had a bad feeling. She finished helping her friends and went back inside, looking for Soojin who was trying to put Haku and Mata on their pet boxes since Soyeon and Yuqi would give her a ride home. When her girlfriend looked at her, she saw the uneasiness written all over her face.

 

- Baby… what happened?

 

- I don't know.

 

Shuhua started roaming around the house, looking for anything that could be strange to her.

 

- Did you see something?

 

- No… but this smell… 

 

She looked around and went to the window, trying to see something on the distance.

 

- I smell blood and something else I don't know what it is.

 

Soojin got worried too, holding Mata tighter on her arm as she reached out for Haku, who was refusing to get out from under the table.

 

- I cut myself earlier when I was cooking… is that it?

 

Soojin showed the small cut on her finger and her girlfriend shook her head in response, looking at her eyes.

 

- Shu… 

 

Shuhua tried to calm Soojin down and helped her with the puppies.

 

- It's alright, I'll never let anything happen to you.

 

Soojin believed and trusted Shuhua, but at the same time she couldn't think of the possibility of something bad happening to her.

 

- Come with us, won't you be safe in my house?

 

- I don't think you wouldn't be safe anywhere with me. Whatever it is, I wouldn't be able to fight it with you and the others around.

 

Soojin tried to argument, but in the end Shuhua convinced her that the best option was to go home. When they left Shuhua breathed in relief, but when the two cars turned the corner, she saw her, the woman who tried to kill her seven years earlier, running after Soyeon's car in a superhuman speed. Looked like she made a bad decision.

 

Shuhua didn't think twice. Since the sun had already gone and no one could see her, she transformed herself, not giving a damn about her clothes, running after the vampire hoping she was fast enough to catch Soojin and her friends up. She turned the corner and could quickly see them shortly ahead. She used all her muscles to run as fast as she could, but when she was about to reach the woman, she seemed to increase her speed and punched Soyeon's car on the side, making it skid off the road, the tires screeching on the asphalt before it overturned, making a huge rattle.

 

Shuhua was a hundred feet away when she saw Miyeon's car turning back and at the same time the vampire tearing Soyeon's car door off easily with one hand, grabbing Soojin by her shirt and dragging her out, a murderous expression on her face. Shuhua heard Soojin screaming when she saw the vampire aiming a bite against her. She just couldn't let that happen and leaped the few feet left to reach them, a wild growl escaping her huge mouth. When the woman saw Shuhua, she stopped her actions and threw Soojin on the floor like a trash bag, a manic laugh leaving . Shuhua took advantage of her distraction to punch her far away from Soojin and the others. The vampire got up so quick it looked like she never got that hit.

 

- Look what they done to you...

 

She said, her voice was somehow cold and harsh like she did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter