Neverland

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It may have been two years since it all started.

 

Soojin doesn't know how she survived for so long. She moves from group to group, not knowing what's going to happen next, never staying with them for too long, normal people can be worse than zombies sometimes. She hears movement in the alleyway and all her muscles get in full alert. It can be zombies or thiefs so she raises her gun and approaches slowly when a figure comes out, wielding a long stick she deflects easily.

 

- Stop!

 

The figure stops. It’s a girl that looked younger than her, with a long braided hair and the biggest eyes she ever saw.

 

- You won’t live long, fighting like that.

 

- It's been a few years since I know what is surviving.

 

- You need skills to survive, girl… how can you be alive this long?

 

- I can hide very well and… I used to live with my friends, but we got separated.

 

- You're lucky, I could be a thief… you'll die soon if you don’t learn to fight.

 

- So teach me.

 

Soojin looked at the girl up and down, head to toes to head again, thinking.

 

- My name is Soojin, I have a place we can stay for the night.

 

- My name is Shuhua, thanks for teaching me.

 

That night they ate canned food that Shuhua got from a building, Soojin thinking she could be a good ally with training. She shows Shuhua how to throw a punch and how to block one and how to keep her hands steady while shooting a gun.

 

The next morning, they pack up and Shuhua tells Soojin about Neverland, a town filled with the survivors and scientists.

 

- Where is it ?

 

- South Chungcheong. That’s where me and my friends were going when we lost each other.

 

- That’s a long way from here. It’ll take us at least three months to get there.

 

- Have something else to do?

 

-----/----

 

Finding food is always difficult, especially if other survivors or zombies have gotten in the place first. They take coats, new clothes, whatever they can find. Shuhua looks like a sneaky cat entering in buildings and hiding from people along the way as Soojin do most of the zombie killing, they travel as far as they can during the day and at night they get together near the fire, sleeping tightly to stay warm.

 

They finally take a good bath when they find a I'llm. Shuhua looks like the younger girl, leaping into the pool sheering of joy as she baths, Soojin more careful as she cleans herself, but her eyes have darkened and are following the paths of water droplets as they move down Shuhua’s face and neck and chest to the top of her s. She looks beautiful and sends a warm feeling in Soojin´s chest.

 

Shuhua is young, but she knows what desire looks. She can see it clearly in Soojin´s face and she can't deny she wanted Soojin as well. She swims near to the other woman, standing a few inches away from her. Afraid to reach out and touch, she lifts a hand slowly, reaches up to rub a thumb over Soojin’s cheek and cups a hand behind her head, almost reaching for Soojin’s mouth.

 

- We can't.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter