Revelations

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minnie Yontararak was Shuhua's first love, they met in high school and dated for years, they never had major problems in their relationship but as the years went by, the University, their new jobs ended up taking them in opposite directions, they ended up prioritizing other things and when Shuhua noticed it was too late, she fell out of love and she suspected that Minnie too. Shuhua spend a lot of time thinking, wondering when did their relationship started to break down, when did their love started to fade away but in the end it was a bunch of little things that became something bigger than they felt, they had a friendly breakup, they had lunch together at Shuhua's apartment and then they had the most painful conversation they've ever had, they talked through what happened, listened to each other and in the end they came to the conclusion that it was no longer working, they cried, hugged each other, said goodbye with promises to remain friends and as much as it hurt Shuhua would be forever grateful for the years with Minnie.

As much as the end was friendly that didn't make it hurt any less, Shuhua had spent years with Minnie, she was a big part of her life, they made several plans together and now she needed to rediscover herself, accept that not all relationships are supposed to be long-term, it was all so new and terrifying and the only person she could really have a deep conversation about it would be her best friend Soojin but Shuhua was avoiding her… why? Because Minnie had told her that Soojin was still in love with her

Soojin was Shuhua's best friend since high school, they were always together after school, studying, singing karaoke, going on walks, it was on one of these walks that Soojin told Shuhua she was in love with her, Shuhua stood still for a few seconds in shock and then became sad because she didn’t want to hurt Soojin, she explained to Soojin that she had met a girl named Minnie in the korean course and she liked her, Soojin was saddened by her answer but they remained good friends, Shuhua always thought that Soojin had move on but after what Minnie said … Soojin probably have been hurting this whole time while seeing Minnie and Shuhua together, she felt horrible for not realizing her feelings, her sweety Soojin was still in love with her and she didn't know what to do with that information...How should she feel about it? What would she do about it?

 

What did Shuhua do? She opted for the cowardly way out, she avoided Soojin for weeks claiming she wasn't well, that she was too busy with work, anything that would keep her from meeting Soojin in person until she sorted out her feelings, which wasn't entirely a lie she needed to give herself time to cope with the changes after her break-up. Soojin was the most important person in her life and she deserved so much more than a rebound, Soojin was her best friend, she was funny, smart and as much as Shuhua didn't want to admit she had always been attracted to Soojin. How could she not? Soojin was the kindest person on earth, she always Shuhua feel safe and happy, Soojin appeared to have everything a person could want in a girlfriend so why is Shuhua so hesitant to see her as anything else? Could be her own fears? She was afraid of not being enough for Soojin? They always had a special friendship, they just clicked, what would it be like to date Soojin? She felt her cheeks turn red as she remembered Soojin arms around her waist, her shy smile, that vanilla scent that only she had… she had always missed Soojin more than Minnie, how can she not realize the effect Soojin had on her?

 

That night, Shuhua stood in front of Soojin's door, suddenly filled with some sort of confidence that she would apologize for her actions, she rang the doorbell and hope someone answered, she heard footsteps, the door opened and there was Soojin, Shuhua gasped as soon as she saw her, Soojin looked so beautiful with her cherry pajamas,  blue hair and shy smile

-Shu?

Shuhua just continued to stare at her, she felt her heart beating faster

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter