We Got Married - part 2

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Soojin woke up with a certain laziness making her body feel heavy. She looked at her phone. Eight in the morning. She still had plenty of time to get ready before heading to the recording. It was her second week recording We Got Married and she barely could remember the time she was feeling insecure to do that. A slight smile on her face appeared when she remembered Shuhua, her show partner. Korea's little girlfriend had been a very nice company and she couldn't wait to get to know even more about her. She admired the actress so much and used to dream about meeting her while watching her on the small screen. Now that she had the opportunity to be close to her, it felt like a dream.

 

A call brought Soojin out of her thoughts. She took her cell phone and was surprised to see an unknown number.

 

- Soojin?

 

- Who is it? How did you get this phone?

 

- Hi, it's Shuhua. My manager got your phone number for me, is that a problem?

 

- Oh! I'm sorry... I thought someone leaked my phone number to a fan.

 

- Don't worry, I'm afraid of that too.

 

Shuhua said, her voice tone was playful and Soojin felt the expectation starting taking over her. Before she could ask why she had the honor of receiving that call, Shuhua started:

 

- So, today we will have a recording in your studio, right? I was thinking if you would have a little time to get to MBC's building before the cameras arrive.

 

- It'll be great, I guess it's what married people do... spending time together, right?

 

Soojin blushed so hard saying that, she was afraid Shuhua could feel her face heating up through the phone. She almost had a heart attack when she heard Shuhua letting out a delicious laugh on the other end of the line.

 

- Yes! Can we meet at the MBC building at 10, then? I'll take breakfast for us.

 

- Oh, okay. See you there.

 

They hung up the call and Soojin saved Shuhua's number on her phone like she was walking in clouds. She looked at the time again and decided to take a shower immediately, unable to stop herself from smiling like a fool.

 

Minutes later, the singer was shaking her feet impatiently inside the car, looking at random stuff on her cell phone to distract herself from the reason why she was so apprehensive. She ended up taking more than she expected to choose an outfit for her date with Shuhua and was a little late. Date? No, it wasn't a date, just two colleagues talking, Soojin thought, trying to convince herself while getting out of the car as fast as she could without stumbling on her own shoes. She hated being late and keeping others waiting. Out of breath, she found Shuhua sitting in the studio's entrance, looking like a living sculpture. The woman was so beautiful Soojin held her breath everytime she did anything, afraid the sound of her own breathing would disturb the atmosphere.

 

- Hi! I'm sorry for being late...

 

- You're not even late, Jinjin. I just got here five minutes ago.

 

- Jinjin...?

 

- …is this nickname okay? I think Soojin is too formal for wives.

 

Wives. Soojin's brain stopped working for a second at the thought of that word coming from Shuhua's mouth to refer at them.

 

- Unless you feel uncomfortable...

 

- No, no. Jinjin is fine.

 

- Nice! Look, I brought you some chocolate muffins from the bakery close to my house, they're delicious. And coffee. Hope you like cappuccino.

 

- I love it! Thank you 

 

Shuhua handed Soojin a paper bag, which Soojin took with a brief bow to show her gratitude. They took the elevator to the second floor and wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter