We got married - part 3

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Shuhua was surprised with how easily Soojin had fit into her life. In a matter of weeks, both were talking on the phone like old friends, sharing secrets and sometimes flirting. They couldn't see each other much because of the rehearsals the singer was doing for her comeback, and the actress was trapped in between awards shows since she wasn't currently recording anything. Shuhua had accompanied one of Soojin's rehearsals for We got Married, but in the other days she had her own agenda to attend to. Soojin hated not being able to accompany her on one of her schedules, but her wife understood that there was little time to get everything ready for the comeback.

To make up for Shuhua's absence, Soojin suggested to the program that they could record a walk with Shuhua's dogs along the Han River, an idea readily accepted by the producers. She had little use for dogs but found that the duo, as well as the owner, won their affection in minutes and soon the cameras were laughing at a jealous Shuhua running after Soojin because apparently Haku had decided that Soojin was his new love.

 

- I had a great time today, Jinjin, even though you wanted to take my dog ​​away.

 

- It's not my fault if he has good taste.

 

- Are you sure you don't want to come in and eat something?

 

- I'd love to, but tomorrow morning I have to be in the studio really early and check the MV, apparently it's ready, but Soyeon wants me to watch with her and see if there is anything else to change.

 

- Okay, but next time you won't escape, Jinjin…

 

- Shuhua planted a kiss on Soojin's face, both of them standing at the door with silly faces. I'm doomed, they thought at the same time.

 

Shuhua was getting her makeup ready to record a special appearance in a TV series. She was part of the regular cast at the beginning of her career and was happy to see her old friends again. She was lost in reminiscences when someone knocked on the door.

 

- Come in.

 

She said as the make up artist applied her lipstick. The door opened and a gorgeous brunette appeared.

 

- Jinjin!?

 

- I promised I would visit you on set someday, remember?

 

Soojin entered the dressing room with the cameras from the program behind her. In front of the cameras and dozens of staff members or not, Shuhua was happy to see the singer, she had missed her presence deeply and she learned the hard way only phone calls were not enough.

 

- I missed you.

 

- Me too.

 

- Come on, I want to show you the movie set.

 

Shuhua excitedly dragged the singer across the set. Surprising everyone with her presence there, she introduced the team and her friends. Soojin was much more shy than Shuhua and was content to hear the stories from her friends, content to have lunch with them and hear the prickles of a young Shuhua.


 

Soojin was nervous, costume and makeup ready, everything in place. In a little while she was going to perform her new song and the anxiety she felt about the expectation of knowing if her fans would like it was the same as when she started. A noise at her side caught her attention. Shuhua had arrived at the studio with a huge flower bouquet for her, the program's cameras recording every minute of her arrival.

 

- JINJIN, YOU'RE SO PRETTY!

 

Shuhua got in a trance, looking at the singer, and the effect she had on the smaller one made Soojin calmer, receiving the flowers and a tight hug from her fake wife.

 

- It will be alright, Jinjin me and the boys believe in you.

 

Shuhua said, looking at the cameras that accompanied them since the beginning of the recordings. Soojin blushed with the attention she was receiving, but was soon called to be interviewed and didn't have time to feel bashed.

 

Shuhua had been in a strategic position and had followed Soojin's performance totally mesmerized, the sparkle in her eyes was flagrant and the cameras were recording everything carefully. It had been a while since they both realized that there was something special between them and they knew that from afar it would be the most watched program of the season.


 

Soojin spent the whole week going to various programs to promote her new song, Shuhua following her everytime she could, feeling proud. With each win Soojin got on music shows she celebrated more than the world cup finals.


 

Soojin was in the van, feeling extremely tired but happy, laughing at the video Shuhua sent her. Haku and Mata were watching her performance on TV, wearing clothes in the same colors as her outfit.

 

- You're in love with her, aren't you?

 

Soojin was startled by Soyeon's voice, she was so entertained on exchanging messages with Shuhua that she forgot about her friend in the van.

 

- What are you talking about? We're just friends.

 

- Me and you...we are friends. That woman… you like her.

 

- We're just friends.

 

She insisted, even though she knew no one would believe her, not even herself.

 

- If that's what you say... but tell me, the program's recordings are almost done now. What are you gonna do now?

 

Soojin felt like a bucket of cold water had been thrown at her head. Soyeon was right. There was just one more recording for We got married and the idea of not seeing Shuhua anymore was disturbing. Of course they had became very close in the past weeks, but what would happen after the program?


 

The last recording would have the two of them in a romantic dinner where they would say goodbye and make a small performance to each other. Shuhua was extremely nervous, first because she didn't know how Soojin would react to what she prepared for her and second because with the recording over, she would have no excuses to visit Soojin at work anymore. The singer had won her heart in a way that she didn't want to admit and the fear that it was only due to the program kept hanging in her head.

 

Shuhua met Soojin at the entrance to the studio, the singer was dressed casually and seemed lost in thought.

 

- Hi, Jinjin.

 

They greeted each other and Soojin noticed Shuhua's cold hands.

 

- Why are your hands so cold?

 

- I don't know...

 

- I've asked the staff to prepare some jeyuk bokkeum for us…

 

Soojin said shyly as they set on a table for two prepared in a corner of a gigantic studio, a strange feeling on the bottom of her stomach.

 

- Did you remember I like it!?

 

- Of course, I remember everything.

 

Shuhua blushed with the singer's confession. After a few minutes they were served and the conversation gradually flowed, both leaving the nervousness of being closer to the end behind.

 

- It was delicious, wasn't it?

 

- Definitely.

 

- Well, I think now is the time for presents.

 

- I think so.

 

The production handed them the packages they brought. Shuhua delivered hers to Soojin, it was a photo of the two of them with Haku and Mata in the afternoon on the Han River.

 

- This photo is for you not to forget us, it was wonderful to meet you and spend these moments with you. You made my life happier with your presence and I will take each of our moments forever in my he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter