Differences

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

1.

 

It was 2 a.m. and Soojin was sitting at the couch watching "The Notebook" for the 10th time. She was so enthralled, so delightfully distracted that she didn’t notice the swing of the bedroom door.

 

- Do you want some tea, Jinjin?

 

Soojin snapped her head up and a sleepy, beautiful  Shuhua was standing in the living room. Soojin didn’t know why her  presence made her blush and fluster like that.

 

- Yes… I want some.

 

It was another minute before Shuhua took a seat beside her, setting the mug carefully down in front of her.

 

- Ohh, the notebook?

 

- I can…I mean, it’s totally okay, I’ll  change the channel.

 

She went to get the remote control, but Shuhua stopped her with a soft hand on her arm.

 

- No, please. Honestly, I love watching this movie with you.

 

- Seriously?

 

Soojin spent months listening to Hui complain about her taste in music and movies, so Shuhua agreeing to watch that movie with her again was something else.

 

- Next time you call me to watch, ok? You don’t have to watch alone.

 

Shuhua said, her eyes wide open and so honest that it made Soojin feel courageous and scared all at the same time as she reached out her hand, folding it gently over Shuhua's.


 

2.

 

When Hui asked her on a date and pushed her against a locker, kissing her in front of his friends Soojin was speechless. At the time she thought it was a dream coming true. Looking back, it was more of a burden, but she was young and naive.

 

So, standing in front of her room after a dinner date, holding hands with Shuhua, feeling tingles of nervousness and excitement, she knew her life was about to change. She wasn’t quite sure how, but she knew something new was coming. After three dates and respectful pecks on the cheek, something was just about to happen.

 

- Soojin, may I kiss you?

 

- Yes, please.

 

She said, more breathless than expected but sure of what she wanted. Shuhua smiled and then they were kissing. Softly at first, tentatively, and Soojin had no idea what to do with her hands because she didn’t want to be too forward, or too prudish  Shuhua's hand held her face gently, carefully, and everything felt like a movie.

 

- Good night, Jin ah.

 

She blew a kiss then went to her room and Soojin was fairly certain that she was about to swoon.


 

3.

 

She was nineteen when she lost her ity to Hui in his dorm. slShe didn’t feel anything but pain even though she was doing everything like she was supposed to. As his girlfriend it didn’t matter that she would have rather been at the studio dancing with the girls, she did what a girlfriend should do.

 

Now in her bedroom with Shuhua she was so nervous, she read a lot and watched some hoping she’d get this right, that she wouldn’t screw this up.

 

- Jin ah, what's the matter?

 

Shuhua asked, noticing how nervous she was.

 

- Nothing... I'm fine, Shu.

 

She was nervous, but she was also excited because finally this was happening and it was with Shuhua. She knew it would be ok, because it was Shuhua.

 

- Hey, we can take it slow, Jinjin. You know we don’t have to do nothing you are not comfortable with right?

 

Shuhua was not Hui and that wouldn’t be a quick in one of the bathrooms because he was , it would matter because Shuhua cared.

 

- I want you, Shu.

 

- I want you too, Jinjin.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter