Jina

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Shuhua woke up abruptly with the sound of a baby crying through the electronic nanny. She quickly turned if off and got up from her bed, heading to the next room with her eyes half closed.

 

- It's okay, Jina. Mommy is here. Don't worry, love.

 

She said as she wrapped the baby on her arms and headed to the window. The girl loved the moonlight and putting her to see the moon always calmed her.

 

Jina was a very calm baby and almost never cried, unlike the little monster Yuqi and Soyeon had. She must have had a nightmare to cry like that in the middle of the night. Jina held her mother's shirt tightly and, even though she had stopped crying, her lively eyes showed that she wouldn't go back to sleep anytime soon.

 

- You're not going to sleepy anymore, right, young lady? You want mommy to tell you a story?

 

The baby watched her closely, her eyes fixed on what the mother said as if waiting.

 

- I'm still scared of how much you look like her…


 

Two years earlier:


 

- JinJin, I want to have a baby.

 

Soojin stopped the caress she was doing on her wife's arm, the two of them were lying on their bed enjoying a lazy Saturday.

 

- A baby?

 

- Yes, a baby. All ours, Jinjin.

 

Soojin sighed. She knew that after Yuqi's pregnancy announcement her wife would soon have the baby fever. Said and done.

 

- A baby, Shu? You want to have a baby with me?

 

- Of course it's with you, JinJin. Who else would I have a baby with? Unless you don't want to have a baby with me...

 

Soojin raised her head and looked at her wife, Shuhua had her eyes down and was pouting in that way Soojin never could resist.

 

- Shu, don't get mad, please. You just took me by surprise. I never thought about having children before I met you, my focus has always been on my career. But now that we're older and the tours are over, I think it would be a great idea.

 

- Really, Jinjin!? You're not saying that just to please me, are you?

 

- Of course, not love.

 

Soojin was being sincere. She started imagining a little Shuhua running through the house. The idea of being Shuhua's baby morher was too perfect for her to express.

 

- Ahhh, I love you so much! I already got all the information from the clinic with Yuqi and I know you're a little scared of needles, but...

 

- NEEDLES?

 

- Yes, Jinjin! I want to carry your baby so you'll have to take some medicine to collect the eggs.

 

- Collect? Eggs!?

 

- Relax, Jinjin, I'll take care of everything.

 

The thought of needles terrified her, but the huge smile on her wife's face as she started thinking about names for the baby and what the room would be was more than worth it.



 

- Shu, what's that smell? Did my mom show up again?

 

Soojin said while looking at her wife, the smell of food was very good so it clearly hadn't been done by Shuhua. The poor thing was so good at everything she did, except cooking. She was able to burn a raw dish. Soojin searched for her wife and found her in a robe she had never seen before, and the table was so meticulously set she had to stop in her tracks to admire.

 

- What's all this...?

 

Shuhua smiled and approached her wife, giving her a long, passionate kiss.

 

- I ordered dinner at your favorite restaurant when I came back from my date with Yuqi.

 

- Did I forget something important?

 

- No. I just wanted to do something different…

 

- Hm, okay then. I'm just going to change clothes and I'll be right back…

 

Shuhua gave her a mischievous look. 

 

- Sure, your clothes are on the bed already.

 

Soojin went to the bedroom, thinking about her wife's new robe. There would probably be a new lingerie underneath it, a treat that would be revealed later, so she couldn't wait. She entered the room and came across a set of new pajamas on the bed. It was not what she was expecting, at all. She picked up the light pink shirt and it had "my bun" written on it.

 

- What? How strange...

 

Soojin washed herself quickly, put on her new pajamas and went to meet her wife in the living room. Shuhua always had a peculiar taste for clothing, but that time she reached a whole new level.

 

- Shu why is my shirt…

 

Soojin stopped talking when she saw her wife in identical pajamas, except by the fact it had "my oven" written in it. Soojin's mouth opened and closed stupidly a few times, understanding hitting her like a wild bull.

 

- It… it worked!?

 

She finally managed to speak, a rush of euphoria invading every cell on her body. Tears already covering her face, Shuhua nodded and ran to hug her.

 

- Jinjin, we'll have a baby!

 

After a lot of medications, donor choices and a failed attempt, they would finally have a baby. Soojin left out a loud laugh and pulled her wife into a kiss full of love. She couldn't believe they would finally have a baby.



 

Shuhua ran to the bathroom waking Soojin up. Her wife was already used to that morning routine. She woke up, threw up, tried to eat something and threw up again. Pregnancy was not being easy for the younger woman, who was always sick and tired.

 

- I'll prepare your tea, Shu.

 

- No need, Jinjin. I'll fix your breakfast. You and Minnie have to attend the new new group presentation at Cube, remember?

 

- No, you're tired, go back to bed.

 

Soojin sat on the edge of bed and looked up at her beautiful wife. Her face was getting round and her s increased in size.

 

- I'm pregnant, Jinjin, not invalid! Don't forget I'm going to have lunch with Yuqi today.

 

Shuhua approached Soojin and looked down at her, leaning forward when she held her waist gently. Her belly was just a little slump but she could feel her body was changing drastically.

 

- Take your nausea medicine, or you will throw up in Soyeon's car and she will complain for the rest of her life.

 

- Already in the bag, love.

 

Shuhua gave Soojin a little peck on her lips.

 

- If anything happens, call me.

 

- Okay!

 

Shuhua said, already going downstairs.

 

They had breakfast together and Soojin went out. After Idle went into a hiatus for undetermined time, she continued on Cube but started working as an idol coach with Minnie, managing new groups hired by the company. There was a presentation for the CEO that morning.

 

The meeting was a success, the trainees she was helping were nervous but managed to impress their boss. They just needed some more adjustments and would be ready to debu, nothing that would take too much time.

 

Finally having some free time to check on her wife, Soojin took out her cell phone. She noticed that there were several calls from Yuqi, but none from Shuhua. Her heart started racing as she returned the calls.

 

- Yuqi, what happened?

 

- Your wife forgot she had a date with me.

 

- What do you mean? She told me she would have lunch with you today.

 

- Well, she didn't show up and is not answering my calls. I'd go to your house and check on her, but I'd take ages the traffic and you're closer...

 

- I'll try to talk to her.

 

Something wasn't right. With a heartache, Soojin called Shuhua while she ran to her car without even bidding Minnie her goodbye. Shuhua was usually forgetful and started getting confuse because of the pregnancy, but she never failed to answer her phone before. Thinking something bad could have happened, she got in the car quickly and returned home.

 

- Baby, I'm home!

 

Her wife's things were there, so she thought Shuhua probably fell asleep and missed her date with Yuqi. Her cell phone was on the kitchen balcony, her bag was on the couch. She certainly hadn't left the house yet. Soojin looked around the first floor. Nothing. The breakfast leftovers were still in the sink, the dishes still dirty. It was weird because Shuhua always washed them before leaving.

 

- SHU!

 

Soojin ran to the room, nothing either. But the bathroom door was closed and the lights were on.

 

- Shuhua, are you there?

 

No reply. The door was locked fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter