Warm - Part 1

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It had been a while since a weird rumor had started running through the corridors of Cube Transportation Inc. Some employees, and even the company owner, Soyeon, suspected that one of the truck drivers was a vampire.

 

- I know it's absurd, but she has all the traits.

 

Miyeon tried to explain to a skeptical Soojin.

 

- Oh, yeah? And did you see her turning into a bat?

 

Soojin scoffed, unloading small boxes from inside a truck. Miyeon got serious when she looked at Soojin.

 

- If she bite you, don't say I didn't warn you.

 

- Honestly, it would be a pleasure to be bitten by such a beauty.

 

Soojin said as he handed Miyeon another box. She thought about the possibilities of Shuhua being a vampire and laughed. Okay, she was pale, extremely beautiful and seductive, but that could just be her traits. In addition, Shuhua was a cheerful person and didn't seem to have any desire to drink someone's blood. There was also the fact that she had no fangs, but beautiful, perfect teeth and an enchanting smile. Not that Soojin noticed every time Shuhua approached her. Not that she was totally in love with the truck driver. Not that she asked Soyeon to be cast in the same shifts as Shuhua whenever she had the chance.

 

- She's not a vampire, Miyeon.

 

- I see that you heard about our theory.

 

Yuqi, one of the truck drivers, joined the conversation and Soojin rolled her eyes when she saw which side she was on.

 

- From your stupid theory? Yeah, I already heard about it.

 

- Don't be seduced by that smile, Soojin. It may be the last thing you'll see.

 

Soojin laughed of the suspense tone Yuqi used, closing the back door of the truck and handing the vehicle keys to Yuqi.

 

- Let's work, or we won't have money to buy your medicines.

 

- ...medicines?

 

- Yes, to treat these hallucinations you're having.

 

Miyeon laughed as they got in the vehicle together.

 

- Haha! that was a good one. But I still think there's something wrong about Shuhua.

 

- We have to work double, you two need treatment.

 


 

At the end of that day, Soojin was getting ready to go home when someone entered the locker room. She looked back and saw that Shuhua was surprised to see her there and seemed to hesitate for a moment. But she was as friendly as ever.

 

- Hi, Jin... Oh! What happened to your hand!? Are you okay?

 

Shuhua pointed at the bandages in Soojin's middle finger and the other woman noticed from the corner of her eye that she was eyeing her up and down. If that happened to one of the others, Soojin thought, they would think that Shuhua would be calculating how and when he would pounce to kill them or turn them into vampires too. She mentally laughed at that madness and took her bag out from her locker.

 

- Ah, this? It was nothing, I cut myself with a estylet, a little work accident.

 

- Ah...

 

- Hey, you want company to the bus stop?

 

Shuhua looked surprised by the question, but recovered fastly.

 

- Sure. I just need to get my things…

 

- I'll wait.

 

They walked the few meters together to the bus stop, talking about work. Shuhua insisted that Soojin took her bus first, to which she thanked. She really was afraid to be at that bus stop alone so late, but what about Shuhua? Wasn't she afraid? She thought of the youngest alone there and wondered why she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter