Widow

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

I met Hui when I was 18 in one of my class in college. I had lost my bus and got scolded from the teacher when I entered the class, I was sure that others could tell that I wanted to be left alone because whenever I'd glare at someone they'd back off, but Hui sat next to me, talked to me and even made me laugh. After that we became friends and then lovers, dated for 4 years and got married shortly after we graduated from college. Young and in love as a romance movie, when I found out that I was pregnant he was thrilled. 

 

Hui lost his parents when he was a kid so having a family was a dream coming true, but when I was 3 months pregnant two police officers came to my door saying some animal got in the middle of the road and Hui tried to dodge him and end up hitting a post, dying instantly. I felt as if my heart had been ripped from my chest at that very moment. I couldn't breath. I tried to scream but I couldn't. No sound came out and everything around me stopped.

 

My parents took care of his funeral I was too numb to do anything, I stayed with them for a while but after a consultation at the obstetrician I found out I was having a girl and got a reason to keep going. I came back to our house and started to make the nursery trying to give my daughter a nice home. I was almost 8 months when my mother finally convinced me to hire a nanny, after all I was a widow mother and would need every help I could get, then after some interviews I was ready to giving up in finding a nanny when I met Yeh Shuhua. She was a Taiwanese girl that just finished college and came to korea and was looking for a job, she could cook and clean and had a degree in pedagogy and loved kids, she had a easy going personality and a cute accent we began to talk and it seemed like we had known each other your whole lives, I found my nanny.

 

The next day she moved into my residence and took her duties as nanny as she helped me to prepare for the baby, she would walk around singing songs from her favorite show, as much as it drove me it melted my heart to see her dancing and singing along as she folded the clothes. She was like a puff of fresh air in my home, she would tell me to sit down and put my feet up while she made dinner and even gave me massages when I complained about my back. We talked about our childhood and the movies and musics that we loved, she was the first person outside my family that I could talk about Hui, hugging me as I told her about him.

 

My birth plan was to my mom be with me when my baby was born, but she fell and broke her hips, so when my water broke Shuhua went to the hospital with me, the contractions were getting closer and closer, growing in intensity each time and I had been filled with excitement as well as feeling nervous to finally meet her, Shuhua was there trying to calm me as the pain got wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter