The girl in the bus

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

- , I'm late.

 

Shuhua fell out of the bed, her despair was real. She was late for class again. Yuqi had to stop sleeping at Soyeon, she usually woke her up since she had an old lady's biological clock.

 

She dressed the first pants she saw in the mess of her wardrobe, her everyday Vans and the first shirt that looked clean enough, while running to the bus stop. The bus was already there so she ran faster and started waving madly at the driver. Thankfully, he saw Shuhua waving like crazy and waited for her, a smile on his face.

 

- You're late again.

 

The driver said at her, more to than to scold. He found her funny, always late, disheveled and clumsy.

 

- Sorry, it won't happen again.

 

- Sure…

 

Shuhua crossed the ticket gate and adjusted her backpack,  finally breathing properly. She was glad she wouldn't miss the first class. She started looking at the back of the bus when she saw her, the most beautiful girl she had ever seen, the love of her life, the girl with the red lipstick. Flawless as always with her high-waisted jeans and stunning blonde hair while Shuhua… she was just Shuhua.

 

They always got off the bus at the same stop, the girl studied at the same college as her but at different block. She usually went to the human sciences building, where she studied dance, not that Shuhua noticed.

 

Arriving at the college, both went down and when the girl passed by Shuhua, her cherry smell left her even more intoxicated. Beautiful, hot and smells good, I'm gonna die, Shuhua thought as she eyed the girl with a dreamy expression. And coincidentally, the girl turned her face and faced Shuhua as if she had heard what she said. Oh, my god, did I say it out loud!? 

 

Shuhua wanted to throw herself in the trash can, but the girl just kept walking. Arriving in the classroom with her mind clouded by the vision of the godess-like girl, she found Yuqi already sitting in her usual place.

 

- Forgot to turn the alarm on again?

 

- Bingo.

 

- Tell me again, how are you gonna be an engineer...?

 

- I'm good with numbers, it's all that matters.

 

Shuhua answered with a shrug. It was no secret that while the girl was the most awkward person in that college, the most clumsy and uncool, her agility with numbers amazed everyone and her good grades granted her the best prizes and scholarships academic community could offer.

 

The first two periods passed smoothly for them. Shuhua followed Yuqi to the human sciences block to have lunch with Soyeon, Yuqi's girlfriend and maybe, just maybe, see the love of her life. They found Soyeon sitting on a bench with Miyeon, her friend. Both studied music and it was not uncommon to anyone they spent their breaks singing or composing.

 

- Shu, look, there goes your love.

 

- YUQI, SHUT UP!

 

- What? What did I miss?

 

Miyeon asked, looking at Shuhua with an amused look. She found the girl extremely cute and, if it wasn't for her obliviousness, she'd be glad to give her lips a kiss or two.

 

- Do you see that girl over there in a black dress and red lipstick? It's Shuhua's crush.

 

- Yuqi…

 

- She's beautiful, Shu. I've seen her around before.

 

- This idiot eye s that woman every single day in the bus, but she doesn't have the balls to approach her.

 

- But what am I going to talk to her!? Look at her, she's totally out of my league.

 

- True.

 

- SOYEON!

 

- You know it's true.

 

Shuhua continued to observe the girl discreetly from afar. Apparently she had just left another training session, due to the way she was sweaty and her dress was sticking to her sculpturesque body. The girl was chatting animatedly with her friends and Shuhua could swear she had never seen anything more beautiful than her smile. Yeah, she was screwed big time.

 

As soon as Shuhua arrived home, she decided to clean up the mess she called a room. She separated all the clothes she would take to wash and changed her sheets. Yuqi got surprised when she saw her leaving with the bundle of dirty clothes under her arm.

 

- Who are you and what have you do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter