We Got Married - Part 1

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a We Got Married AU plot my friend Erika1987 thought about. Hope you like it.

 


-----x------

 

 

Soojin had been a singer for five years and couldn't complain about the opportunities life gave her. She worked hard and gained her success with only her skills and had no idea why she had to join a show in which she would have to pretend she was married with someone she didn't even know. Her manager said it would be good for her career and all her friends said the show had a great audience, so she agreed with it. But now the contract was signed and she was about to meet her spouse, regret knocked hard on her door. But it was already too late. The cameras were on and recording every move she made so all her options consisted in smiling and disguising her nervousness the best way she could.

 

She wondered if she would be less embarrassed if she knew who was the person she would be "married to" beforehand, but she came to the conclusion that no matter who, she would be terrified the same way.

 

Ten minutes after she sat on the table in a cute cafe, in the middle of Seoul, Soojin's hands were already sweating. She tried to focus her mind in her objective: be as charming as she could and get in the mood for the show, maybe have a little fun. She quickly eye-checked herself on the mirror gladly placed on the wall in front of her, her red lipstick still perfect, her hair looking cool. 

 

Another ten minutes passed and the staff said the other guest was arriving, so they started aiming the cameras to the place from which they would arrive, a door right behind where Soojin was sitting. The singer only had time to take a deep breath until she felt a presence getting closer and closer, the staff behind the cameras gasping with anticipation. She could already predict the memes her fans would make if her expressions were too exaggerated or emotionless. She was doomed anyway. Nearing a nervous fit, Soojin bit her lips and focused her eyes to the figure that was sitting across her.

 

It was when everything went wrong. In front of her was nobody less than Yeh Shuhua, Korea's little girlfriend, one of the prettiest creatures Soojin had put her eyes on. Wearing a grey loose shirt and her perfect hair in a messy ponytail, Shuhua smiled her perfect smile and greeted a genuinely shocked Soojin. Judging by Shuhua's reaction, she was extremely surprised to see Soojin too.

 

- Soojin-ssi! Wahh… I love your songs, I can't believe you're the one I'll be married to...

 

Soojin's attempts to keep her cool vanished when she heard her name on that goddess' voice. When they told her it would be the first We Got Married to guest two women, she could never imagine that. The whole country already knew she was gay, but she could never guess they would actually put a real girlcrush to coexist in the same space with her for a month, someone she would find the hardest to resist. Also, for Shuhua to be there, she must be at least biual, a fact she never knew about her.

 

- Thank you, I like your dramas, too. Watched almost all of them.

 

Soojin finally said after she realized she was just nodding and smiling like a fool on front of Shuhua. But the response she got from that made her breathless again:

 

- So, you already checked on me before we got married? I confess I checked on you to. Many times. I'm a fan.

 

Shuhua said that with a disconcerting calmness, her chin resting on her hand, leaning forward like she was making a pick-up line in some cheesy teenager drama. Her Taiwanese accent was just an extra charm and made her sound even more interesting. She was not shy at all, Soojin's total opposite.

 

The singer could barely think with that much happening. Is she acting, Soojin asked to her own angels and demons while she fought the urge to get away from that place. But even if she could, there was something stronger than her embarrassment, than her despair, that kept her glued in the place she was. Shuhua's gaze. It was keeping her sitting there, looking at those chocolate orbs, too pretty to be ignored, too attractive for her to avert her eyes from them. As an awkward silence fell above them, Shuhua was the one to break it:

 

- So, what should we do next?

 

Soojin looked at her hands and saw the white envelope under her hands and just remembered the staff gave it to her minutes earlier. It contained their first task as a couple with all the details, where they should go and what they should do. She raised it and Shuhua smiled excitedly when she saw it.

 

- Oh, it's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter