Memories of a Crescent Moon

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KAI POV

Monday afternoon, seven days before  graduation. A week before we’ll all know what her decision is, if she stays or leaves.

“Why are you frowning?” She asked me as we walk home.

“Nothing.” I said smiling at her.

“Really?” she asked.

“Yup. I’m just wondering if Mom went overboard with dinner. She was excited.” I said pulling her close as a group of older boys pass by. They were throwing her admiring glances but she was only looking at me.

“I hope she didn’t a simple dinner will do.” She mused.

“hey their only boy finally has girlfriend they’re all excited.” I said grinning.

“Stop. Your making me nervous.” She said her brow creasing.

“Why should you be? They all like you.” I said laughing as she pouted.

“This time it’s different.. heck I’m really nervous.” She exclaimed.

I pull her under an awning as rain suddenly poured. It was a moderate drizzle.

“You’ll be fine love.” I said kissing the top of her head. “I like your new hair cut by the way.”

“I thought you didn’t notice.” She answered looking up at me.

“hardly. I’ll notice even if only an inch is cut.” I answered laughing. She rolled her eyes and wraps her arms around me. The awning was only a small one and we were getting wet.

“Should have brought an umbrella.” She mused. “Should we just run for it?”

“Well the house is there we can.” I said and took off my jacket and placed it over her head. “come on. Be careful.”

We reached the house and I was now a soaking mess. She was only a little bit wet thanks to the coat.

“Come one let’s get inside.” I said pulling her inside the house quickly. “I’m home!” I called out.

Nobody answered.

“That’s strange.” I mused as we went further inside.

“There a note on the fridge.” Flo said pointing. I grab the note and read it.

“Mom went out to buy something. That’s why nobody’s here.” I said and heard Flo sneeze. “Come on I’ll let you borrow a shirt.”

I pull her towards my room. She follows me inside and looked around. My room was nothing compared to hers. It was moderate in every way. Blue walls, basic bed, a desk, a closet and a bathroom.

“I didn’t know you liked G.O.D.”She said looking at a poster, her arms around herself.

“Yeah. They’re nice.” I said handing her a towel and my nicest t-shirt. “Here. Bathroom is there.” I said pointing to a door in my room.

“Thanks.” She said taking the towel and shirt and went to the door. “Your room’s nice Kai.” She adds before closing the door.

I quickly took off my uniform and changed into jeans and a t-shirt. I was toweling my hair dry when she came out.

“I washed up a little. Your t-shirt is big.” She said amused as she twirled around to show it to me. The t-shirt fell a few inches above her knees making it look like a dress.

I didn’t know what possessed me at that moment. Maybe seeing her in my clothes, maybe it’s her slightly damp hair and clean face or maybe it’s my crazy hormones but I grab her and kiss her roughly.

She was surprised for a moment but kissed me back after a pause. Her hands went to my hair running them through it. I pull her close as her scent filled my brain. It was intoxicating.

The back of my knees hit my bed and then I was falling in it taking her with me. Her hands ran on my shoulder to my back leaving a trail of heat where she touched. My hand placed itself on the small of her back pulling her close. My lungs were screaming for air, I broke the kiss my breathing ragged as hers was. Her blue eyes were dark and inviting. Her lips parted gasping for air. I leaned down and kissed .

“Where did the ‘we’ll wait’ talk go to Oppa?” She asked in a husky voice.

“Just because I said we’ll wait doesn’t mean I can’t kiss you.” I answered kissing her jaw.

“Ummhmmm..”

“Or make out.”

Flo chuckled before kissing my chin.

“Where did you learn that phrase?”

“From a movie.”

I kissed again then her chin and went back to her soft lips. The t-shirt had skirted higher and so did her skirt. My hand brushed against her legs softly. She pulled away gasping for air. I was about to kiss her again when a loud noise from outside startled us both.

“Kai! Are you home?” My mother’s voice called out.

We looked at each other still catching our breath and I jumped off the bed. I look away embarrassed as Flo scooted off the bed and adjusted the t-shirt and tamed her hair. she was grinning sheepishly as a blush appeared on her face. She bit her lip trying hard not to laugh.

“Stop it.” I whispered.

“Sorry.” She said giggling. “Better answer your mom.”

“I’m here mom!” I said going out of the room.

“Oh there you are. I see someone else shoes beside yours. Is Flo here?” Mom asked.

“she’s just changing. I’m letting her borrow a shirt. The rain caught us.” I answered appearing at the kitchen and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek.

“You should have told me. I got nicer clothes.” Mom said.

“She was already cold.” I answered as she appeared at the doorway. Her hair was now in a braid and she looked more put together. My heart can’t help but skip a beat as she smiled at me. I’m so darn lucky.

“Hello Mrs. Kim.” She said and bowed to my mom.

“Flo dear! Let me look at you. I haven’t seen you for a while.” Mom said rushing to her and grasping her shoulders. “You look thinner, is my son not feeding you?”

“hey! She steals my food frequently!” I complained.

The two looked at me and laughed.

“He does well Mrs. Kim. I’m fine, it’s just the stress of studying for the exams. It’s nice to see you too.” She said giving my mom a hug.

“You’re not cold now? Jong-in get her a jacket.” Mom ordered me.

“No I’m fine.” Flo said smiling at my mom. “Thank you for the offer though.”

“I’ll just put her shirt in the dryer.” I said standing up.

“thank you.” Flo said.

“Anytime.” I answered and got out of the room. I heard Flo ask Mom if she needed any help with the cooking. The two seemed to get along just fine.

I went back to my room and grab Flo’s shirt on the floor that she had dropped when I grabbed her. My face heats up as I remember. I’m seriously going to need to control myself. I take the shirt and placed it in the dryer at the laundry room.

I went back to the kitchen after I hung it to dry at the laundry rack.

“Where’s Moggu and Kurong Kai?” Flo asked me.

“Oh they’re outside. I’ll go get them.” I said and went to retrieve my dogs at their dog house.

They came running into the house and nuzzled Flo’s feet.

“hello you two. I haven’t seen you for a while. Butter misses you.” Flo said patting the two dogs.

Soo Yun arrived a few minutes later with Gale in tow. The two were more than delighted when they saw Flo. My two elder sisters can’t come and they were very pissed that they can’t. Dad came home a bit late since he had an emergency case.

They all seem to like having Flo there. There were a few embarrassing questions but Flo handled them easily. Dad was now asking her what colleges she has received acceptance letters to.

“Oh that. I would love to study here if my parents like it but if not then it’s Cambridge for me or maybe Oxford.” Flo answered.

“Cambridge? Like Cambridge that Emma Watson goes to Cambridge?” Soo Yun asked.

“Yes. The one in London. The States is a bit too far.” Flo said.

“Dad it’s not just Cambridge and Oxford. she got accepted to Harvard, Princeton and Yale. And Yonsei and Korea University.” I inserted earning me a roll of the eyes from Flo.

“That’s a nice school Flo. You should choose that over here.” Dad said.

“It’s not the school sir it’s the student. Even if one goes to the best school but she won’t study well it will be a waste.” Flo said.

“That is an interesting thought.” Dad said smiling. “But still dear Yonsei is a good school and I’m happy to see that Jong In managed to get in.”

“Your son is quite smart if he puts his mind to it.. All of us I think got accepted into Yonsei.” Flo said smiling at me and then at dad.

“With her and Kris tutoring it was bound to happen.” I said grinning at her.

“Well I’m happy that you’re not into your gangster mode dear anymore.” Mom said patting my head.

“If it’s an Ivy League you should choose Harvard dear.” Dad said to Flo with a serious face.

They went on discussing it and other things. It was a lively dinner but it was already getting late and Flo had to go home. Soo Yun was convincing her to sleep over but Flo said she really needed to get home. Rob was already on route to fetch her. She said good bye to everyone and said she’ll come again.

We were walking slowly outside. Her hand in mine.

“Ugg I’m stuffed.” She said grinning. “I had a nice time Oppa.”

“glad you did.” I answered.

She was still wearing my shirt, saying she didn’t want to wear her damp shirt.

“I have something for you.” I said pulling out a small box.

“You’re spoiling me too much Jagiya. What is it?” she asked taking the box away from me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter