Blame Global Warming

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's Tuesday so another chapter for you guys..:)
This is a continuation of the christmas part.

Art by blackwingzkises (My adorable little sister!!) Isn't it wonderful???:)

Kai POV

I returned to the living room hearing the sounds of a piano playing. Someone must be playing at our old upright. I can’t play but my sisters took lessons but none of them can play like that.

I entered the room and true enough Flo was at the piano playing Christmas Carols as my sisters sang along. My mother and father were clapping along enjoying themselves. Gale had also arrived and was dancing with Soo Yun. My two pets were going around them braking along. It was a merry sight.

Is there anything Flo can’t do? Dance and Sing. Chopsticks. I tick in my head.

“Kai- Oppa dance with us.” Gale said pulling my hand.

Flo looks up and her face lights up upon seeing me. I had changed into the sweater she had given me.

“Eonni do you know jingle bell rock?” Soo Yun asked her. She looks back at the piano.

“Coming right up.” Flo said and played the song requested. Her long fingers flying over the keys.

She look even more mesmerizing the usual. My sisters caught me looking at her and smiled. Great. I’m dead meat when Flo leaves.

Flo started to play another song. It had a slow and sweet melody.

 “ohh I love that song..” Hyori said. “Can you sing it for us Flo?”

“I don’t have a nice voice but I’ll humor you Eonni.” Flo said and softly sang the song.

“I have died everyday waiting for you Darling don’t be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I’ll love you for a thousand more.”

Flo actually has a nice voice it just didn’t have the pitch to sing loudly. I don’t mind listening to her voice every day but that's just me.

“Edward!!” Gale said with dreamy eyes while Soo yun sat down beside Flo and hugged her.

Who’s Edward?

“He’s from the movie where the song came from.” Eun Bi said beside me reading my confused look.

“Gah! When did you get there?” I exclaimed.

“you like her don’t you.” Eun Bi said as we watch Flo. “I can see it when you look at her.”

“huh?” I said pretending to play dumb.

“Stop pretending to play dumb brother. I have watched you grow up so I know when you like someone. Aside from the fact that she’s the first girl you brought home.. Minny doesn’t count. She practically grew up here. I know also that you had a crush on Minny since you guys were young but she’s different isn’t she?” Eun Bi said.

“yes.” I answer knowing that my sister will know if I was lying.

“Well I like her although she acts a bit mature for her age I like her for you. You need someone mature enough to take care of you.” Eun Bi said grinning.

“Thanks a lot!” I said faking a hurt tone. Eun Bi laughed and hugged me. I hug her back.

“Is she your girlfriend?” Eun Bi asked.

“No.”

“What are you waiting for?! A girl like that is hard to find. Better move now brother.” Eun Bi said.

“Why does everyone tell me that?”

“Because someone might just take her away from you. Think about it.” Eun Bi said letting me go and going back to sit at the sofa. The song had ended.

Flo looks up and smiled at me.

“That was beautiful dear.” Mom said.

“Thank you. Is there anything else you’d like to hear?” Flo ask them.

“Christmas carols!” Soo Yun said.

Flo laughed and played the songs Soo Yun wanted. After a few more songs I asked her to stop.

“you’ll be tired.” I said to her.

“I don’t mind. It’s fun.” She said.

“Flo dear you should rest now.” Mom said. “there’s always later.”

“Alright. Thank you for letting me play.” Flo said standing up from the piano.

“You were wonderful dear. I wish my daughters can play like you.” Dad said eyeing his daughters . they all rolled their eyes and laughed.

“Practice makes perfect. I had to practice hard to be able to play like that.” Flo said.

“Hear that Soo Yun?” Dad said.

“Yes father.” Soo yun said. “Can you give me lessons Eonni?”

“Of course. When we have time I’ll teach you.” Flo said smiling at Soo Yun. “Thank you Kai.” She said taking the drink I was offering her.

“Oh I want to show you my room Eonni.” Soo Yun said and grabbed Flo’s hand.

“Baby let her rest!” Mom said.

“She can rest at my room!” Soo Yun said already dragging Flo with her.

“It’s okay.” She said to my Mom.

“Well enjoy yourself then.” Mom said as Soo Yun and Gale drag Flo with them.

“I think I forgot something in my room.” I said upon seeing the remaining family members look at me meaningfully.

“Jong-in come here.” Dad said in a firm tone.

I sighed and sat down in a chair.

“Is that girl your girlfriend?” My dad asked.

“No..” I said.

“then your being stupid. That girl is a smart and nice one I was hopping you’ll say she’s your girlfriend.” Dad said shaking his head.

My jaw dropped at what he said. I can’t believe this. Even my dad?

“So you like her then?” I ask them.

“She is a nice girl Jong-in. Of course we like her. Better make your moves son.” Mom said.

“You don’t even know if I like her.” I said shaking my head ruefully.

“You took her home on Christmas eve. You didn’t even do that for Minny.” Eun Bi said.

“And we’re not blind Jong-in.” Hiyori said.

“Fine fine.” I said raising my arms in surrender.

“I like her as a daughter-in-law..” Mom said.

“Mom! Isn’t that a bit too early?” I said a bit embarrassed. Good thing Flo isn’t here.

“What? I’m just saying I like her as a future daughter-in-law.” Mom said grinning. She pulls me to sit beside her. “I like her Jong-in.”

“It seems she also comes from a stable family background.” Dad said.

“Dad have you seen her clothes? Those belong in high class magazines. Her family must be very stable.” Hiyori said.

Good thing they were all looking at dad so they didn’t see the frown that passed my face. If they only knew what Flo had to sacrifice and is still sacrificing for all those clothes, cars and houses she has.

“And she seems smart too.” Eun Bi said.

She is beyond average in fact she’s a genius. I said in my mind.

“She seems so out of your league brother.” Hiyori said.

“Don’t say that. Your brother is perfect.” Mom said. I smile and hug her.

“You're biased mom but thank you.” I said.

The conversation about Flo finally ended and they shifted to reminiscing about the past Christmas. 

My phone started to vibrate. It was a message from Soo Yun. That’s strange. Why would she send me a message when we were in the same place. My sister is really lazy. I opened the message and nearly dropped my phone. My evil little sister. It was a picture of Flo.

There was nothing wrong with the picture and all. Flo was just looking out at the window but she looked so sad and peaceful at the same time. It ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter