Wolf Boy and Icing

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just like that?” Kris asked me, amused and curious.

“Yes just like that.” I answer smiling as they pile into the room and everywhere. “when you love your friends small arguments won’t stand between you.”

“Was that a small argument?” Kris asked.

“I think it was more of a medium.” I answer as I scanned my palm and my iris.

“I thought they only exist in movies.” Kris said pointing to the scanners.               

“You watch too much movies.” I said. “And where do you think the ideas of movies come from?” 

“Imagination.”

“Come on in.” I said as I enter my lab, my sanctuary for my week alone.  “Please go there.” I said pointing to the machine that takes pictures.  Kris went next to the scanners.  “Sit.” I said next, pointing to a chair.

“woof.” He answered. I stared at him for a moment before laugh hard. “You’re supposed to give me a bone.”

“Kris I never knew you joked.” I said clutching my tummy.

“I do joke, most people just don’t get it instantly. “ Kris answers grinning.

“Okay wolf boy give me your arm.” I said slapping on gloves and taking out the needle. I extracted the blood and placed it on a test tube. I reached out and grasped his chin. He instantly froze looking at me blankly. “Did I startle you? Sorry. I just need you to open your mouth.” He did so and I quickly swiped it on his teeth. “great. Were done. Good puppy.” I said patting his head.  He laughed and swatted my arm away. Kris had a rich laugh that echoes. 

“Flo?! The cupcakes are burning!” Tao said alarmed poking his head into the lab.

“Are you sure it’s just the cupcake and not the kitchen Tao?” I ask.  “Come now wolf boy, I’ll give you your bone.” I said to Kris who jumped  of the stool.

“You done dude?” Tao asked Kris.

“Yup. So that is what a lab rat feels.” Kris said.

“That doesn’t come close to what a lab rat does.” I answer at the door. “Come along now. I need to close the lab.”

The tree of us walked back to the kitchen and I can smell nothing burning. Tao just wanted me to hurry up with the cupcakes. They had demolished already half the proportion on the table.

“Wow, someone’s hungry.” I comment survey the damage.

“Flo! We missed you and the food but mostly you.” Suho said throwing his arm over my shoulder.

“I knew there was a catch.” I said laughing. “Who wants to frost some cupcakes?” I ask. They all raised hands. I look around. Yup everyone is here. I let my gaze pass over Kai, I’ll deal with him later.

“Tao there are some in the cupboard, can you please get it? I’ll go get the icing.” I said walking to the fridge. Kai was blocking my way. I tried to calm down my heart and smile. “shoo..!” I said smiling. He stepped out of the way.

I grab the containers and placed them on the table. “I don’t want any food fights or icing on my face.” I warned as I opened the container. I should have known my warning would fall on deaf ears. What is with icing and why is it so tempting to put on someone else’s face?

I back away and pulled Minny with me as they piled icing on each other. Even Kris joined in. Minny wrapped her arms around me and I did the same.

“I missed you.” She said.

“Me too Min. thanks for making Kris bring me lunch.” I said smiling at her.

 It was a few minutes later that there was no more icing left on the containers since it was on the boys. Good thing I had another one stored.  I was grinned at Minny at least we survived icing free or so I thought. The boys immediately looked at us with evil grins. I realize they can still spread it to us.

“You wouldn’t dare.” I said backing away looking for an exit. Minny did the same. “Run Min!” I shouted as I dodge Kai’s arms. I had better luck then Minny who was easily cornered by Luhan and is now wiping his face on her. I dodge Tao and D.O. why do I have so many captors? I complain in my head as I ran out of the kitchen. 

I was corned like a bird in the living room couch. I made a run for it but Kris cheated and used his wolf reflexes and caught me easily locking me in place.

“Let me go!” I complain while laughing at the same time.

“Finally! Your one slippery victim.” Chanyeol complain swiping his hand full of icing on my face. “Please not my hair.” I beg.  Too late Kris had already smeared it with icing. Kai was the last one smearing my nose and my face was covered in icing, hair included.

“Seriously.” I said as I my lips. It still tasted good. I reached out it swiped icing from Kai’s nose and popped it on my mouth. Yup I make good icing. “Now how will we put icing on the cupcakes? Use them as tissues?” I ask laughing.

“We can eat them without any icing they will just taste fine.” Kai said.

“Can I wipe my make off now?” I ask as I walk back to the kitchen in time to see Luhan kiss MInny. I walk back out. That was awkward.

“what?” Sehun asked seeing me come back grinning sheepishly.

“why are you blushing?” Kris asked.

“How the heck do you see that?” I demanded. I was still covered in icing.

“It was a trick question.” Kris answered laughing. Did I mention I like his laugh? I like Kris’s laugh. “It’s your eyes. They shimmer in a different light when you have different emotions.” I looked at him impressed and a bit flattered. “It’s a wolf thing.” He add shrugging.

“Obviously.” I answer heading instead to my bedroom for towels. I threw it to them as I walk out. “Do you want your clothes on the dryer?” I ask them all. They nod sheepishly.  I grabbed the phone and called the buildings laundry service.  They came immediately.

“Minny! Luhan! If you want to get your clothes clean take it off now. Minny pick something from my clothes.” I hollered towards the kitchen. I’m not going back there. They walk out of the kitchen and Minny walked to my bedroom to change. I grab some of Ren’s unused t-shirts and handed it to them. Seriously my brother really has too much clothes.

We gave the service crew our clothes and he said it will be back in an hour looking fresh and new. We all converged in the living room. They had eaten the cupcakes without any frosting despite my objections.

“Honestly we missed your cooking too much to be picky.” Xuimin said.

“You eat like wolves.” I said sitting down in a small sofa. Kris sat beside me and Kai on the other.  I reached for the remote and switched on the TV.

“Hey it’s insidious, that’s a nice movie.” Lay said. I immediately dropped the remote and covered my ears and closed my eyes.

“You’re scared of horror movies?” Kris asked. “It’s not real Flo. Come on watch. It has a cool story.”

“No.” I whimper as the sounds started. Then it stopped.

“Kai! Why did you change it?” Chen complained.

“Florence doesn’t like horror movies.” Kai said. My name from his lips, it has been a long time.

“We’ll humor her come on it was on the nice part.” Chen said.

“No.”  Kai answered hiding the remote. “Open your eyes we’re watching discovery turbo.” I opened them slightly and true enough top gear was on air.

“It’s okay guys. I’ll just go find my ear plugs. It’s the sounds that bother me not the visual.” I said.

“why?” Kris asked. I shudder lightly as the faces flash in my mind.

“You don’t want to know.” I answer darkly, hugging my knees.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter