Go Team!

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

It was a day before the big soccer match and we were watching the boys practice together with a crowd of females. They were clumped together in groups and I didn’t mind them as long as they leave me and Minny alone. Most of their fans now know not to mess with us two since it makes the boys mad at them.

“Luhan Oppa is so good at soccer, so manly!” A passing girl said loudly and stopped short when she saw us. She hurriedly walked away with her companion in tow.

“Your boyfriend is famous girl friend.” I said amused as Minny laughed. “He’ll like that one. She called Bambi manly.” I add chuckling.

“I know right.” Minny answered.

“You don’t have problems with that Min?” I ask.

“Nope. I trust Luhan and I know him.” Minny said in a firm tone and smiled fondly at the boy on the field.  He saw her, waved and blew a kiss making Minny giggle and me to roll my eyes. Yeah Luhan is nowhere near cheating over my best friend, he’s so smitten by Minny that he doesn’t look anywhere else.

“He’s lucky to have you, you know.” I said.

“I’m lucky to have him Flo not the other way around.” Minny corrected me smiling. When Minny talks about Luhan her whole demeanor changes. She just glows with contentment.

“Can I ask a personal question?”

“Of course you can.”

“Is it love then Min?”

“Yes. I love Luhan more than anything else Flo. Isn’t it obvious?”

“I just wanted to confirm it.”

“Right you like to hear the actual words before you assume something right?”

“Yup. I’m happy for you then.” I said putting my arms around her to give her a hug.

I haven’t got to talk to Minny for awhile. Talk like normal best friends do, talk over boys, things and stuff only females will understand. Come to think of it I haven’t got time to talk to any of them besides the passing everyday chatter.

“Girls heads up!” Chen shouted as a ball went sailing directly towards us. The other girls screamed and scurried away. I raised my arm to shield both Minny and I since there was no time to move away. The ball hit it hard and my shoulder throb in protest.

Luhan was running towards us with an apologetic expression. He must be the one who kicked the ball.

“Sorry Flo.” He said taking the ball from me.

“I wasn’t planning on stealing your girl friend so stop hitting me with a ball.” I answered grinning. I looked at Luhan closely. He was sweating but he didn’t look in pain or anything. Of course he will look tired since he was practicing but he was also smiling.

“Sorry.” Luhan repeated.

“It’s okay. Go back to practice.” I said shooing him away. “You’re disturbing my date with Minny.”

Minny laughed and pulled me closer to her.

“Yeah Oppa. We’re having a girl date. Go back to practice.” Minny teased.

“Not jealous but I would like to mention that you two are crazy.” He said kissing Minny on the cheek and ruffling may hair before running back to the rest. “We’ll be finished in a bit.”

“Your shoulder hurts doesn’t it?” Minny asked.

“Of course it hurt your boyfriend packs a powerful kick.” I said rubbing my shoulder. “But it’s disappearing.”

“Thank you for saving me yet again.”

“Happy to be of service.”

“I love you Flo.”

“I love you too Minny.”

We looked at each other for a moment then started to laughed hard.

“That was so chessy!” I exclaimed.

“I know right. I’m having goosegumps.” Minny said catching her breathe.

A ball went sailing past us again. It landed a few meters from us.

“Seriously these boys are too much.” I exclaimed standing up to retrieve the ball and kick back at them hard. Kris caught it and toppled back.

“Florence that hurt!” He shouted.

“Stop kicking it at us then! We’re not the goal post!” I answered back laughing at him. I sat down beside Minny again and rummaged for my water bottle. I pushed Beakhyun’s bag aside. It seemed like we were the baggage counter for the boys bags today. I spied a bar of chocolate in Chanyeol’s open bag.

“Yeolie! I’m eating this!” I shouted waving the chocolate at him.

“Go ahead but you’re buying me a new one.” Chanyeol shouted back. They were able to talk since their coach was not yet around but he came back a moment later and the boys started to practice properly again.

Luhan kept kicking the ball out of range. Like he can’t control the force and strength he was using. I frowned, can that happen too?

The coach left a few minutes later and let the boys cool down.

“Flo want to play?” Lay asked.

“Do you guys want me to beat you in front of your fans?” I answered grinning.

“One round. See if you can pass through me.” Xuimin said. He was the goalie.

“You asked for it then. I’ll be right back after I win Min.” I said to Minny and stood. Good thing I was wearing leggings and sneakers today.

“Go Flo!” Minny cheered.

“You should cheer for me Min.” Luhan said since he was defending.

“I choose the winning side Oppa. Sorry.” Minny answered laughing.

“Game on wolves.” I said putting my foot on the ball. “This seems a bit hard since it’s one against 12.”

“Backing out already girl friend?” Kris taunted.

“Hardly.” I said and kicked the ball up using my knee. “Game on.”

I kicked the ball towards the goal. I can dodge them more easily since I’m smaller and a heck more faster than them. Thank you martial arts training. I swept pass Luhan and jumped over Suho taking the ball with me.

“She’s like a slippery eel.” I heard someone complain. I didn’t look back to see who since I was near the goal post. Kai and Xuimin were the only ones standing between me.

I kick the ball hard and Kai kicked it back like I wanted. It sailed high and I jumped to do a back flip, already calculated in my mind the right angle and distance to just squeak pass Xuimin. He was a good goal keeper. The ball landed inside the goal post as I landed back on the ground.

“Yeah!” I said sitting down exhausted.

“That was embarrassing.” Sehun said sitting beside me.

“Told you. You guys need to practice on defense. Can I suggest some points of improvement?” I said catching my breath.

“Of course. You just beat us so your advice is welcome.” Luhan said.

“One moment.” I said still catching my breath. “That was more strenuous then I expected.”

“You okay?” Kai asked.

“Yeah. One minute.” I said raising my hand to wave at Minny who looked worried. She saw me waving and did a thumbs up. I laugh softly. “Okay here’s where you can improve on some things.”

I told them some areas they can improve on for the big game tomorrow. After that I laid down on the ground still exhausted.

“Come on Flo get up.” Kris said.

“But I’m tired. Give me a minute.” I answered closing my eyes as a gentle breeze blew.

“You can rest on the bleachers. Come on.” He said hauling me up.

“Bossy.” I said dusting of my skirt.

“Good thing this school doesn’t have a girl soccer team. They would have forced you to join.” Lay said.

“I won’t join.” I answered. “You boys are good you know. You just won’t play rough with me that’s why I manage to score. Tomorrow you can play rough with the other school.”

“You have a point.” Suho answered. “We took it easy on you that’s why you scored.”

“Anything to boast your ego boys.” I answered laughing and saw the bleachers. “It’s so far away.” I complain.

“What’s so far away?” Kai asked.

“The bleachers. Running around made me more tired than I expected.” I answered and yawned. I want my bed suddenly. “I want to sleep.”

“Then sleep when you get home.” Kris answered.

“Of course I will what else is there to do anyways.” I answered lightly. I already have a list of things to do when I get home and the last on them was sleep. “Win the game tomorrow okay?”

“Will you make us a cake if we win?” Tao asked.

“Sure if you want.” I answered smiling.

“When did we ever say no to your cooking?” Luhan asked. “Even Kris now eats sweets because of you.”

“You’re welcome.” I answered grinning and yawned again.

“Poor Flo. You really look tired.” Sehun said putting an arm on my shoulder.

“I’m fine.” Came my automatic reply when one of them mentions how tired I look.

“Come on I’ll give you a piggy back ride.” Sehun said grinning.

“Hah. You can’t carry me- Baby!” I exclaimed and was suddenly hauled on Sehun’s back and he was running to the bleachers laughing.  We reached where Minny was waiting. He dropped me gently beside her. “Seriously maknae.”

“I’m just a few months younger then you.” Sehun said catching his breath.

“I’m still older. You silly boy. Sit.” I said patting the seat beside me. He sat down and closed his eyes but was still grinning.

“Flo do you want to eat at the cake shop we found?” Suho asked when they reached us.

“I would love to.” I answered already imagining what I’ll order. They had scouted so many restaurants for us to try. I can put off an hour before going home.

“Can you escape from the lab then?” Minny asked excited.

“I think I-“ I stopped when I heard my phone ringing. “Hello Nii-chan?”

I listened as Ren started to speak fast in Japanese. He does that when he’s excited or frantic.

“Nii-Chan. Slow down. I only heard fire and lab. Wait there’s a fire in the lab?!” I shouted at the phone. “Please tell me you didn’t burn the lab down.”

I listened as he started to speak more slowly and in English. I stopped and laughed.

“That’s what you get for messing in the kitchen Nii-chan. Isn’t Aiden there? Are you hungry? Can you order out or do I need to get home now? Well they wanted to eat at a cake shop somewhere.”

I heard a door opening behind Ren and heard Aiden’s voice in the background. He was complaining of the burnt smell in the kitchen. I laugh again as he asked if it was me Ren was talking to. He then asked for the phone.

“Hey A. is the house still alive?” I asked him.

“Yeah. He just made a mess of the oven thou. I’ll clean it up. Flo can you get home now? The formula is lacking something and I think I figured out what it is. I need your brain to put it in a more understandable and doable process.” Aiden said. “I heard you had plans sorry love.”

I sighed before answering.

“It’s okay. I’ll be home in a bit. See you.” I said.

“Your friends must hate me and Ren now.” Aiden answered.

“No they don’t silly. See you in 20.”

“Take care going home.”

“I will bye bye.”

I ended the call and placed the phone back in my pocket. I raised my face to see the understanding on my friends face.

“Let me guess you need to go now.” Xuimin said.

“Yeah but you guys don’t need to cancel just because I won’t come.” I answered smiling.

“But I wanted to eat there with you.” Minny answered.

“Well why don’t you eat there first and pick out the best cakes?” I suggested. Minny shook her head and pouted. “Why are you being stubborn?”

“Because I miss you!” Minny answered in a raised voice. She then shook her head and was about to ran away. I grabbed her hand before she can do so.

“I’m sorry Min.” I said pulling her into a hug. “Sorry.”

“I wanted to go there because I know you’ll love it there. Can’t you even escape for an hour?” Minny asked.

“Shush. Stop crying you crybaby. Fine I’ll go now.” I said sighing.

“You will?” Minny asked.

“Yes I will now stop crying.” I said smiling. “You’re such a baby.”

“Yey!” Minny said hugging me.

“Anything for you older sister.” I said kissing her cheek fondly. “Now come on. You boys go shower and change. We’ll be at the car.”

The cake shop was worth it, no it was not the cake shop it was my friends who are worth it. I haven’t been with them outside of school for awhile so it was more fun.  Minny didn’t let go of me most of the time. I asked her if she wanted to talk about something but she just shook her head and said she just missed me. I missed her too and the rest of the boys.

We ended up ordering every flavor in the cake shop as they filled me in about what they were doing. I listened fondly as they talked about the girls following them around, how they found some cute but they were not serious in finding girlfriends. Well they were still young- hah! Says the second youngest in the group.

“Baby do you have a girl you like?” I asked Sehun.

“You.” he said grinning. I roll my eyes at him and grinned back.

“Aw.. I like you too you silly boy.” I said ruffling his hair. “If you find a girl you really like I need to know her okay? That counts for all of you. I want the best for my wolves.”

I look at my phone. I had put it on silent the whole time. Five miss calls from Aiden and six from Ren. I sent them a message saying I’ll be home in a bit.

“Flo do you want another slice?” Kai asked seeing my empty plate.

“No. I’m full.” I said smiling.

Then Minny’s phone began ringing. She answered it after seeing who the caller was.

“Hello Ren-sshi? Yes she’s with us.” Minny said glancing at me. Ren was calling her? When did he get her number? She handed her phone to me.

“Get home now. I need you here.” Ren said after I said hello.

“Fine fine.” I answered. Ren was using his serious tone. “See you in 10.”

Ren ended the call and I handed back the phone to Minny.

“When did Ren get your phone number?” I asked her.

“When he got back. He asked for it just in case he can’t contact you. You were not answering their calls.” Minny said.

“Yeah. Well that was duty calling. I really need to go now.” I said standing up. “You guys can stay if you like.” I add seeing they were also standing up.

“Nah. We need to rest for the game tomorrow.” Luhan said.

“Remember what I told you Luhan. No straining too much. Let the other boys play okay?” I said to him as I picked up the tab from the waiter before Suho can.

“Flo!” Suho complained.

“I haven’t treated you guys for awhile so let me be Omma.” I said grinning. “Can I get the triple decked delight cake for takeout?”

“ Sure ma’am.” The waiter said and went off to do my order.

“For Ren and Aiden?” Minny asked.

“It’s always important to come bearing gifts to mad people.” I answered. “Will you guys be okay going home from here?”

“Flo we have been doing it since middle school of course we’ll be fine.” Chen answered.

“Just asking.” I said smiling. The waiter returned with the bill and my takeout cake. I gave him some bills and said to keep the change. 

We walked out of the shop and to the car.

“See you tomorrow guys.” I said. “Remember class starts at 10 so you can all sleep late a bit.”

“We’re coming to school early for some warm up exercises.” Xuimin answered.

“Boo for you then.” I answered putting the cake on the driver’s seat. “Rest tonight and play well tomorrow.” I said getting on the car. “Bye guys! I had fun.”

“See you tomorrow!” Beakhyun said and waved goodbye. They started to walk away after saying goodbye.

“Call me when you get home?” Kai said lingering.

“Don’t I always do that?” I said putting on my seatbelt. “Bye oppa.”

“Drive safely.”

“Always. Take care going home.”

“Bye Flo.”

“Bye Kai.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter