Valentine Plague

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

“Do my wolves have any dates tonight?” I ask everyone as I sat down for lunch.

“I’m seeing somebody later...” Chanyeol said.

“Ohhh… who is it? someone we know?.” I said grinning.

"Nope. She's from another school." Yeolie answered grinning as he speared a pork rib from my plate.

"name?" Minny asked."

"laliane." Chanyeol answered frowning. "I think I pronounced it wrong."

He then hands me his phone which was showing a picture of a pretty girl. She had long glossy black hair and an infectious happy smile making her eyes spakle. She didn't look Korean thou and Chanyeol said so. 

"Ar-ianne. Arianne. Ar-i-anne." I instructed reading her name. "Get her name right and you'll score more points." 

"Thanks!" Yeolie said putting a mandoo on my plate from D.O. as payment. The later didn't complain. 

“How about you Flo?” Minny asked turning her eyes on me.

“I have a date with Butter later. I haven’t taken him out for a while.” I answered smiling sweetly at her.

“Ehh.. a dog is not counted.” Minny said pouting.

“Who knows I might meet a stranger who likes dogs in the park and he can be my date.” I answered.

“That sounds like straight out of the movies.” Kris said.

“Are you watching too much movies again Kris?” I .  “You seem to have no problem picking out a date tonight.” I answered as girl after girl gave him chocolates.

I think they should have known by now that Kris doesn’t like chocolates but they still keep giving it to him. They should have given him a book or something more practical.

“I don’t date.” Kris answered rolling his eyes.

“I think I just heard the hearts of girls breaking everywhere.” I answered still teasing him.

“Hey guys. Happy valentines.” Minho said stopping at our table.

“Happy valentines too Minho!” I greet him. “Who’s your valentine?”

“Are you still available?” He asked cheekily. I was about to answer when Kai nearly choked on his soda.

“Oppa easy on the food.” I said to Kai patting his back gently. I then look back to Minho. “Sorry Minho but my puppy already collared me today.” I said to him.

“I suppose it would be stupid to be envious of a puppy but I am.” Minho said easily. He then handed me a bar of imported looking chocolate. “Here this is for you. I heard from Jess you prefer chocolates over flowers. Happy Valentines Flo.”

“Unless you can eat the flowers I will always prefer chocolates over them.” I said taking the chocolate from him. “Arrigato guzaimaso Prince-kun.”

“Nandemulai.” He answered. “Ja-ne” he said waving and went to their table.

I smiled at him fondly as I put the chocolate on the table. It was Litz one of the  more expensive chocolates from Europe. I remember Aiden always giving these to me.

“Minho is like openly declaring that he likes you.” Minny said.

“What’s wrong with that? I’m a very likable person.” I answered laughing.

“I meant it the other way Flo!” Minny said exasperated.

“I know Min.” I answer. “I like your new bracelet. Did Luhan gave you that?” I said to distract her.

“Stop distracting me.” She answered knowing what I was doing.

I laugh at her. I don’t know why Minny was so interested in my love life. It must be what female friends are for.

A girl approached our table and nervously gave Kai a handful of roses. I immediately stand and move away from him to the other end of the table beside Kris.

“thanks but can you keep them? Flo’s allergic to them.” Kai said to the girl.

“But it’s for you Oppa.” The girl said confused and glanced at me. I can see the hate in her eyes pass quickly, she knew better then to be rude to me in front of Kai and the rest of the boys.

“I know but if I take them now she’ll get allergies.” Kai answered.

“It’s okay Kai.. take them. I already took my medicine.” I said trying to be nice.

“Fine. Thank you then.” He said to the girl who was grinning silly.

“You’re welcome Oppa!” she said handing him the roses and skipping away.

“Just stay away from me for the rest of lunch will you.” I said to Kai when the girl was out of ear shot.  I knew then even with the antihistamine I will still get allergies from the roses.

“I shouldn't have taken them.” Kai said frowning at the roses.

“be nice.” I said. “Boys if anyone gives you roses please take them. I don’t mind.” I said to everyone.

“Right and you’ll avoid us like the plague.”Sehun said in a knowing tone.

“If you’re a plague then I think many girls will be glad to get infected baby.” I answered teasing him.

In the end I did avoid them like the plague because their uniforms were covered with pollen from the roses given to them. The teachers had given up giving classes today since random people will always enter the room and sing songs or deliver valentines messages. So we had a free afternoon. I escaped to the roof top to read peacefully.

I was munching on panda chocolates. The boys must have ordered Kai to buy a whole bunch because that’s what they gave me today. Actually I had a whole plastic bag of chocolates at my desk but these panda chocolates are still my favorite.

“there you are. Why are you hiding?” Kai said appearing beside me. he had changed into the long sleeved sweater I had given him during  Christmas.

“I’m not hiding from you guys I’m hiding from the pollen from the roses.” I answered.

“Can I sit down?” he asked.

“Umm..”

“Don’t worry I changed my uniform before coming here.”

“Alright then.”

“I know you would rather avoid me then go back to the clinic.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay. I want to ask what your reading but I can see that my brain will overheat when you will show me that book.” He said as he sat down beside me.

“Silly. It’s just a physics book.” I answered laughing.

“Oh my poor brain is already starting to heat up.” Kai said putting his hands on his head.

“Your being silly Kai.” I said slapping his arm. “I just doing some calculations for Luhan’s antidote. I’m trying to make an antidote for something I don’t even know about.”

“Is it fun?” he asked looking over my tablet.

“Loads.” I answer. “But it makes my head hurt from thinking too much. It’s harder when your emotionally attached to a project.”

“you’ll find it Flo.” He said and I can see that he fully believed it.

“I hope so… Luhan worries me.” I said softly.

“I do notice he gets tried faster but he keeps up a brave front for Minny.” He answered.

“I just hope he doesn’t feel pain. Oh I wish I can do something.”

“You are doing something.”

“I’m also worried that the symptoms will also start on Kris.”

“You care for him don’t you.”

“Of course. I care about him, Luhan, you and everyone else.”

“Thanks.”

A few minutes of silence pass between us but it was not the awkward kind. I resumed scribbling on my tablet as Kai leafed through the book looking for pictures. as if he can find pictures in a physics book.

“Flo?” he said.

“Hmm?” I answered not looking up at him.

“Can I come with you to the park later?” he asked. I look up at him since he sounded nervous.

“Of course you can but don’t you have anything to do with someone tonight?” I ask him.

“Nope. I want to spend my Valentines with Butter.” He answered grinning..

“Oh can you bring Moggu and Kurong?” I said.

“That sounds like an excellent idea. I’ll meet you at the park then.” He said.

“It’s nearly time for spring. I want to see cherry blossoms.” I said looking up at the sky.

“ You have a thing for cherry blossoms.” Kai said.

“I want to walk on a path with cherry blossoms flying everywhere just like in anime.” I said clapping my hands together.

“the path from your  apartment going to school is full of cherry blossoms trees.” Kai said.

“Really? Yey! I can’t wait.” I said. “I also can’t wait for our school trip.”

“Did your uncle tell you where we’re going?” Kai asked as he fiddled with his bracelet. The one that I gave him. He was only wearing the watch and two bracelet most of the time. The other bracelet was from his parents he said.

“Nope. He won’t tell me. He said it’s a surprise.” I said pouting.

“Then it’ll be fun.” Kai said pinching my cheek.

“I don’t like surprises.” I said pushing his hand away gently.

“You like facts and figures. I know.” He said putting is arm on my shoulder. “Always the scientist.”

“My ultimate dream.” I said sarcastically. “Did colleges call you after the contest?”

“yeah some were already offering scholarships like you said they will.”

“Of course they should. You were great.”

“Biased.”

“It's you so of course I am.”

He laughs and pulls me closer shielding me from the breeze. I went back to my tablet and Kai just sat there and started at the horizon while playing with my hair. it’s safe to say that some parts of our relationship is back on track. No awkward silences and serious arguments. We still fight over silly things like if he’s going to fetch me in the morning or not.

Some parts. The rest? Either disappeared or was changed. I can no longer look at Kai the same way as before and there was a strange electricity in the air like now. It was subtle but it was there, if one of us makes a move it will spark up and just engulf us.

And my crazy hormones are not helping.

He was also not helping as he leaned closer to smell my hair.

I just want to turn around and just kiss him.

The two of us know that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter