Officially FloKai

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*TRIPLE UPDATE!!*
Please go back to chapter 74 if you came here first..:)

KAI POV

Silence. That was what greeted Ren Hyung’s announcement. Everyone must have been taken by surprise. For a few seconds nobody reacted.  Ren was grinning. Flo was still hiding. Flo’s dad was no longer smiling amusedly.

Since I was sitting in front of the rest I didn’t know what they looked like. My eyes glance at again at Flo’s slumped figure then at her father beside her. He looked sick.

“Mr. Khan-“ I said stood up since he looked like he was about to faint. My movement seemed to have awakened everyone from their stasis. “Flo your dad.”

“Got him.” Flo said springing up from her seat catching her father before her slumped to the ground. “Dad breathe.”

Her father raised his hand as he took deep breathes.

“Is it true?” he asked his daughter with wide eyes.

Flo sighed and kissed the top of her father’s head.

“Yes.” She answered a smile on her face which disappeared as her father blanched. “sheeze dad you look like I told you I murdered someone. Breathe.”

“Honey are you alright?” Flo’s mom entered my line of vision and I was momentarily struck at how Flo really resembled her. If this is Flo 30 years from now I’m not complaining- her mother was still stunning.  She filled a glass with water and handed it to her husband. “Darling breathe.”

“Our baby!” He exclaimed frantically at his wife making Ren chuckle and Flo to roll her eyes.

“You two stop laughing at your father.” Their mother admonished but a smile was tugging on her lips.

“This is exactly the reason why I didn’t want dad to be suddenly dumped with the news.” Flo said fanning her dad’s face.

“What do you plan then Fluff?” Aiden asked.

“Umm gradually introduce it to him.” Flo answered. “Dad calm down. Sheeze.”

“Dad if you react like this to boyfriend news I wonder how you will react when Flo says she’s getting married.” Ren said.

“Nii-chan!” Flo exclaimed a blush creeping on her face. I felt heat travel up to my face as I thought of one word. Marriage. 

“Are you?! You’re still a baby! No!” Mr. Khan exclaimed clutching her daughter’s arms making her wince.

“Ow dad my arms you’ll make it bleed again.” Flo said wincing as her father squeezed it again out of panic then lets her go.

“Are you getting married?!” He demanded.

“Dad! I’m way too young to even consider that!! I just turned 18 for pete’s sake! Calm down!” Flo said exasperated as her father started to fast breathe. “Appa!!”

“Yeobo-ah. Calm down.” Mrs. Khan said putting a hand on each of Flo’s dad’s shoulders. “Our daughter is not getting married now.”

“This is way too hilarious! Where’s my camera?” Ren said chuckling.

“You’re evil brother.” Flo said glaring at him.

“Dad you do know in Korea early arranged marriages are quite common.” Ren said the teasing tone still in his voice.

“Wait.. are you implying that the boy is Korean?” Mr. Khan said and paused he then looked at us. “All of you are Korean!”

 I stiffened as I felt some eyes on me and then Flo’s mother’s eyes were on me.  I fidgeted and looked away as the heat doubled on my face.

“Is he one of them?” Mr. Khan asked whirling at his daughter. “Florence?”

“Dad will you please calm down first?” Flo said. “Mom help me out here.”

“Well honey I’m honestly curious too. You’re not saying it straightforward like you use to.  It looks like you’re delaying it. Is it serious dear?”

“Oh no not you too. Don’t join Ren in the evil side Mom.” Flo said covering her face.

“Mom do you see that blush? When was the last time you saw her blush? Nada right?” Ren said.

“Your brother is right honey. When you told us you and Aiden were dating you didn’t even blink. “Flo’s mom said and proceeded to imitate her daughter’s voice perfectly. “Mom Dad Aiden and I are dating. Just like that. Not a wink but now your obviously flustered. Is it serious?”

“Auntie by the way you phrased it I should be insulted.” Aiden said sitting down on a stool and waved at Julie to sit beside him. The two grinned at Ren mischievously. “But what the heck seeing Flo embarrassed is so worth it.”

“Why are you guys doing this to me?!” Flo whined.

“Sorry honey it’s just so nice to see you so.. alive.” Flo’s mom answered smiling fondly at her flustered daughter. “So is it true?”

Flo ran a hand through her hair and sighed.

“Yes. It’s true. I do have a boyfriend.” She said her eyes looking straight at me.

There was an eruption of noise from our unusually silent friends as they threw questions at her. I felt the stool beside me being pulled away and Minny sat down followed by Luhan on her other side. Kris sat down on my other side. The three looked at me then grinned.

She looked at me like she was waiting for me to do something. I shrug not really having any plans of moving and was honestly whishing the ground to swallow me up.

“Honey deep breathes. Come on now.” Mrs. Khan said rubbing her husband’s back.

“Who?” Her dad asked looking at us. His eyes resting on me then at Kris then back at me. “Is he here?”

Flo looked at me again and I looked back honestly at lost at what to do. Then she smiled. A brilliant yet evil smile.

Ground swallow me up already.

“Yes he is and it’s unfair that I’m the only one on the hot seat.” Flo said now grinning.  I heard Kris chuckle in amusement as his eyes glanced at me. Minny laughed as Luhan shook his head.

“These three know don’t they?” Julie asked pointing at Kris, Minny and Luhan.

“That’s unfair! Tell us too!” Tao whined.

“It’s Kai.” Flo said flippantly grinning at me.

Ground I beseech you. Open up and swallow me. Please.

That didn’t work, maybe the ground here didn’t understand Korean. 

Then I felt arms pull me from behind toppling me to the floor as the boys started to hit me hard.

“Ow guys! That hurts! Hey my shoe! Guys!” I complained as blows were rained down on me.

“FloKai is confirmed!!” Chanyeol shouted as he and Sehun took my other shoe.

“What are they doing?” Julie asked.

“Silly ritual we have. They only started with Minny and promised to do it to Flo’s boyfriend.  Since they’re the only girls in our little group the tradition ends with Kai.” Luhan said laughing. “They did that to me too.”

“Guys. Careful.” Flo said and I hoped she was going to rescue me. “He has a gun shot on the right shoulder. Hit him somewhere else.

I have an evil girlfriend.

“Boys enough hitting your friend. I still want to sse my future son- in-law.” Mrs. Khan said.

“MOTHER!” Flo exclaimed. “Ren will you please stop taking pictures!”

“Flo you better rescue Kai now.” Aiden said.

“Boys I still want him alive.” Flo said and I know she was grinning. “Enough.”

“But I was getting into the groove.” Sehun said.

“No breakfast if you guys don’t stop.” Flo said and instantly they were off me. “thank you.”

Her face obstructed the light as she bent down.

“Can you stand?” She asked grinning.

I glared at her and sat up wincing.

“Let me see your shoulder.” She said and her hands gently patted my shoulder.  “You’re not bleeding again. That’s great.”

“thanks for the late rescue.” I murmured.

“You’re very much welcome.” She said and hauled me up. “Now come on your meeting my parents.”

I glared at her as she fixed my shirt and pushed back the hair away from my forehead. Everyone was laughing at the two of us. She then hauled me to her parents who –thank god- were smiling, even her dad.

“Father Mother I would like you to meet Kim Jong In, my boyfriend. Kai meet my parents.” Flo said in a grave voice earning snickers from our friends. I resisted the impulse to glare at them.  I instead bowed low in front of Flo’s parents.

“Hello. I’m Kim Jong In. It’s so nice to meet you.” I said nervous again as they looked at me. I wished I was in more appropriate clothes instead of my pajamas. I wish I had at least combed my hair. I wished for so many things to be different.

“Well this is not the way I planned for you to meet him but heck he’s here so yeah.” Flo said grinning.

“Kai should do a formal bow!” Beakhyun suggested.

“I should.” I said and was about to remove Flo’s arm that was holding me.

“Boys stop.” Mrs. Khan said laughing. “We’re not in Korea so he doesn’t need to do that. It’s very nice to meet you Jong-In.”

She held out her hand and I felt a spasm of panic. Should I kiss it like they did in those movies or just shake it?

Flo giggled beside me.

“Just shake it Oppa.” She whispered.

I hastily did so and marveled at how soft Flo’s mom’s hands were.

“It- it’s nice to meet you too ma’am.” I said smiling at her tentatively.

“Dad?” Flo said.

We looked at her father who was still studying me. He sighed and stood up. He held out his hand and I took it hoping my hands were not sweaty. He let go and then held my shoulders.

“Young man.” He said.

“Yes sir.” I answered.

“Thank you.” he said and to my shock bowed in front of me.

“S-sir no.” I exclaimed holding out my arms to stop him from doing a full formal bow. “Stop please.”

I was even more bewildered as Flo’s mom also bowed in front of me.

“I – I. please stop.” I said now utterly confused and embarrassed but bowed back instinctively.

“No let us at least show our gratitude to you.” Flo’s dad said straightening up and both Flo’s parents faced our friends.  They also bowed making our friends hastily ask them to stop and also bow back confused. “To all of you.”

“Uncle you don’t have to.” Suho said.

“This is the least we can do. You children had been caught up unwillingly in our mess yet you risked your lives to come here and rescue our daughter. I can never thank you enough.” Mr. Khan said smiling and then faced me. I gulped making him chuckle. “I have known it would be you Jong In. Ever since Ren said that Flo hears you in spite of her being catatonic I knew you were somehow special to her. Thank you; because of you I can now see my daughter smile. I can now hear her laugh freely. I can now see her eyes sparkle with life. She can now live her life. Thank you for breaking down those walls that she had to create to protect herself. Thank you for bringing my daughter home.”

“Aww Daddy you’re too mushy!” Flo exclaimed and lunged at her dad hugging him as tears fell from her eyes.

“My husband is right and it is not only Kai- she calls you Kai right? Can I call you Kai?” Flo’s mom asked. I nod still at lost for words. “It’s not only Kai we have to thank its all of you children. Thank you so much.  You knew how dangerous this was and yet you came. Thank you. If ever there is anything you guys need that we can provide please don’t hesitate to ask. We will be forever in your debt.”

“Aunty Flo has given us so much too. We were more than willing to rescue her.  We can’t go on with our lives without her.” Minny said and went to Flo’s mom to give her a hug.  “It’s not only Kai who loves her you know aunty. We all do. If not for Flo I would still have been a girl who is afraid of the dark, cries easily-“

“You still cry easily Min.” Flo interrupted grinning at her best friend.

“I know but I now cry less than before.” Minny answered sticking out her tongue Flo mirrored the action making her parents laugh.

“If it weren’t for Flo we would have never been active in school. We would have graduated with mediocre grades not knowing our potential. Your daughter inspires change Aunty.” Suho said smiling.

“Oh my gosh I will die from all this mushiness. It’s not enough having a cheesy boyfriend now I have mushy marshmallow best friends too!” Flo exclaimed laughing with her dad. Her father started to mess her hair “Dad stop ruffling my hair!”

“I feel like I’m watching some drama.” Aiden said.

“Aiden.” Mrs. Khan called out.

“Yes mom?” Aiden asked. “Can I still call you mom even though I won’t be your future son-law anymore?”

“You have been calling me mom since you were young good luck changing that habit.” Mrs. Khan answered. “Don’t think that your uncle and I are not grateful for our help. You to Julie dear.”

“It’s nothing Aunty. Happy to help.” Julie answered.

“I would like a new car as a reward.” Aiden said.

“A!” Julie exclaimed.

“Name it.” Ren answered.

“I want Flo’s R8.” Aiden said grinning.

“NO!” Flo bellowed.

“Kai or the r8?” Aiden asked.

“Why is he even in the equation?” Flo asked.

“Just answer love.”

“fine take my R8.” Flo said crossing her arms pouting.

“Awww it is indeed true love. Flo is willing to part with the one thing she truly loves. Her car.” Aiden said laughing.

“I will burn that portable body scan I made for you Aiden King.” Flo said.

“Love I was joking.” Aiden said grinning. “And aunty it’s nothing. Flo is special to me too so I will do anything to help her.”

“You rascal.” Mrs. Khan said and smiled. “Now how about breakfast?”

“I’m cooking.” Flo said bounding out of her father’s arms. “I haven’t cooked for you in ages. I know you missed my culinary skills.”

“That I did darling.” Mrs. Khan said pulling her daughter in a hug and kissed her forehead.

“so what do you guys want for breakfast?”

Everyone started to rattle out orders and by the looks of it everyone was homesick since they were all asking for Korean food.

“I will need help if you guys want all of that.” Flo said.

“Where do we start?” Chanyeol said pushing up his sleeves.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter