The Slave Driver is a Brat

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLO POV

I wake up the next day with my phone ringing. I answered the call without looking at the caller.

“hello?” I said yawning.

“Did I wake you up?” Kai’s voice said from the other end.

“yes you did.” I answer rolling around. It’s nice to wake up to his voice.. wait. Did I just say that?

“You do know that’s you have an hour before school starts?” he asked amusement in his voice.

“What?! No way. Are you at school already?” I asked jumping out of bed.

“Actually I’m here downstairs.” He answered. I stopped my running to the bathroom.

“What are you doing there?” I asked surprised.

“You asked for doughnuts last time remember?” he answered. I don’t remember but I had no time.

“Come right up Kai.” I said and grabbed my robe, threw my uniform on my bed and shoved my books inside my bag.  Why had I slept so late?

My door bell rang and I opened it. I then remembered why I had slept so late; I kept tossing around berating myself for thinking of Kai too much. He likes Minny for freaking out loud.

“Now I know why they call you Fluffy.” Kai said amused looking at my hair. I glare at him and opened the door wide.  I pivot and walked to the bathroom.  I heard Kai moving around in the kitchen as I closed the door of the bathroom.

After 10 minutes I walked to the kitchen hair wet, buttoning up the last button of my blouse. Kai had made coffee and heated the doughnuts making the chocolate melt. I grab one and bit into it, it was delicious.

“thanks for breakfast Kai.” I said. “Although I don’t remember asking for it.” I add.

“No problem, you were along the way going to school anyway. My shortcut closed and I had to take the long way which goes through here.” He explained sitting in front of me.

“How many minutes do we have?” I asked.  He glanced at his watch.

“About 35. If we don’t leave now we’ll be late.” He said.

“We can get there in ten minutes.” I answered grinning. He looks confused. “You weren’t listening yesterday were you? I said I’ll be bringing the Range Rover along today.”

“oh.. I might have missed that part.” He said.

“It’s okay.” I answered. “Do you want to drive?” I ask. His eyes brighten at the prospect.

“Can we take the R8 instead?” he asked.

“Kai we need to transport 14 people not two, you selfish boy.” I said in a teasing tone.

“We can take the Range Rover and the R8.” He suggested. I roll my eyes.

“You will have your time in the r8. Today it’s the Range Rover.” I said pinching his nose. If I don’t like it when someone messes my hair he doesn’t like it when someone pinches his nose.

“Stop it.” he complained swatting my hand away. I laugh and stand up to put my cup on the sink. I ruffle his hair along the way.

“We have 25 minutes, come on.” I said as I run a comb through my hair and plaint it messily. He stands and puts on his coat. I grab my bag and shades along the way.

“The garage?” He asked holding open the door.

“Yes my kind sir. That is where our mount awaits.” I answered in english.

“Do you know accents too?” He asked.

“I can only do British, American and Russian accents but I can speak some languages. If I have known in advanced I was coming to Korea I would have studied the language.” I answer.

“What was it you used on Aiden? You sounded like him.” Kai said as we wait for the elevator.

“That was British. I love british accents, they sound so… y.” I mused as the elevator doors open.

“Say something using it.” Kai said.

“what do you want me to say?” I asked smiling at the strange request.

“My name?” Kai suggested.

“Kim Jong In thank you for my breakfast.” I said in accent as requested. My voice when I use it becomes low and soft. Aiden always said it gives him the shivers and heat at the same time. I wonder what he means; I still don’t know what he meant until now.

We stepped inside the elevator and Kai was giving me a funny look. The door closed with us only the occupants. I felt my heart beat going faster as we went down slowly. There was strange electricity in the air. Kai looked down at the floor besides me. I stayed silent as I resist the urge to just grab his hand which is inches from mine. This is crazy. I moved away a few inches but he noticed and looked up. I gasp since his normally warm brown eyes were smoldering dark brown. I back away confused as he reached out his hand to pull me towards him. His was about to pull me into his arms when the elevator door opened and an elderly couple entered. I jump away to the other side.

“Good morning Ms. Kim.” The old man said.  I smiled and nod not trusting my voice at the moment.  I glance at him and he was still looking at me. I look down as heat flooded my face. I sneak a peek and he was still staring. I need to calm down before we reach the car. Crap the car. I was going to spend 20 minutes in an enclosed space with an unknown Kai, who is still looking at me funny.  Save me, anyone.

No one came to save me as we walked silently to the Range Rover. I pat my R8 along the way.

We reached the Range Rover and I handed Kai the keys. He was still silent as we both got inside. Good thing the Range Rover is a big car, I don’t need to sit too close to him.

“Do you mind if we just lower the windows?” I ask him. He just shrugs and nods. I pushed the button and all the windows came down.  “That’s an automatic by the way, so we can just cruise.” I add.

“Okay.” He answers and turns the ignition. The Range Rover roared to life. He shifted it into gear and we smoothly got out of the basement. I reached for the radio and switched it on. It was ironic that an EXO song played. I think it was titled XOXO.  My Korean is still not that good for me to sing so I just hummed.

“You’re my XOXO LOV-E!” I sang the English parts. Kia rolled his eyes and smiled at me. Did I mention he looked so cool driving? “Kai wear this.” I ordered and handed him shades I found in the glove compartment. He put them on at a stop light and flashed me a crooked smile. My heart stopped, he looked, dang. Can I keep him in my closet? I take out my phone and took a picture.

I put my shades on and borrowed his cap; my hair will be a mess if I don’t wear one. It entered my mind how Kai and I have awkward situations, like the one in the elevator, but after a few minutes we were back into our old silly selves. 

We stopped at another red light and the car on his side had female passengers. They all looked at him starstrucked. He smiled at them and I frowned. Pouting I reach for my bag and took out the chocolates he had also brought and stuffed them into my mouth. Why am I irritated? It’s like I wanted to keep him in my closet so I can only see him. I’m starting to become selfish of a person who doesn’t like me in the first place.

“Hey.” He called out to me, noticing I had grown silent. We were still at the red light and the girls on the other car were calling him. I ignored him and went on eating.

One girl was writing something in a piece of paper and looked like she was about to throw it inside the car. I took of my seatbelt off and reached over him. He looked confused when I pressed a button and the windows went up. The windows were one-way tinted so I can still see the incredulous face of the girl holding the paper.  I smiled smugly and went back to my seat calmly putting on my seatbelt back. Yeah, I’m a selfish brat.

“what was that all about?” he asked smiling strangely, like he approved of what I did.

“They were too noisy.” I answered still smiling smugly. “One of them was about to throw trash in the car, how rude.” I said.

He just laughed.

“Want some?” I asked him holding out some chocolates. He was about to reach for it when the light turned green. His hands went back to the stirring wheel.  “Say ahh.” I ordered. He did so and I pop one inside.

“Thanks Flo.” He said.

“No problem.” I answer grinning.

“You have chocolate on your teeth.” He said.

“So do you!” I countered laughing.

We were still laughing as the Range Rover entered the school. Kris and Tao were at the door and saw us coming. Tao stopped since he recognized the car. Kai parked it in one of the slots available and I jumped out.

“Good morning guys!”I called out to them waving.

“Hey Flo! Who’s driving?” Kris asked.

“Kai is.” I answered as I pull out my bag. Kai got out of the car and waved at the two boys waiting for us.

“Nice car, I was expecting you were bringing the r8.” Kris said as I reached them.

“Too conspicuous and we won’t fit.” I answer.

“Flo do you have the answer on this question.” Tao suddenly asked me handing me one of our books.

“Read this section here, you’ll find the answer.” I said folding the page. They all know I don’t give them the actual answers but the pages where they can find it. I’m not about to teach them how to slack at school just because I can answer for them.

“Thanks Flo.” Tao said.

“Anytime.” I said.

“Hey guys!” someone called out. We look back to see Luhan and Minny walking towards us.

“Hey can we leave our things in the car?” Luhan asked.

“Sure. Kai where’s the keys?” I asked him. He dropped the keys into my open palm and I pointed it to the Range Rover. It blinked its lights. “Put your bags in the back.” I said as Kris, Tao and Luhan haul their bags to the Range Rover. Kai had his things inside already.

“Did Aiden call you up again?” Minny asked wrapping her arms around me. I place my arm on her shoulder.

“Nope. But that’s the way it goes.” I answered.

“Nice car.” Another voice said from behind us. Kai, Minny and I looked back to see Min-ho with his usual entourage watching us.

“Thanks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter