A Blast from the Past

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: all sentences and phrases that are bold are  said in ENGLISH or in another langguage..:)
Enjoy..^^

We were at the mall looking for something to eat for a celebration for passing the exam. I was munching chocolates already given to me by Kai. I was chatting with Chanyeol and Chen when someone or something caught my eye.

“It can’t be.” I said.

“What can’t be what Flo?” Chanyeol asked.

“I think I see someone I know.” I answered craning my neck.

“Should we leave?” Chen asked.

“I don’t think so.” I said. “Come on, maybe it was a fragment of my exhausted mind.” I add and we walked to the restaurant where everyone was waiting.

 +++

I was attempting another try with the chop sticks and still failing when I hear a very familiar voice.

“Florence?!” It called out with a British accent. My head snap to its direction so fast.

I watch mouth agape as a boy with brown hair, chic nerdy glasses and a lean muscular frame walked briskly towards me. I stand up and ran towards him too, leaving my friends with confused expressions.

“Aiden! Oh my god. I don’t believe it!” I said loudly in english as the boy’s arms went around me and spin me around.

“This is so bloody brilliant. I don’t believe it too.” Aiden answered also in english, grinning like a fool after putting me down.  I clutch his arm fearing he’ll disappear in a moment. I reach out and pinched his cheek. He protested. He seems real.

“What are you doing here?”  I ask him.

“What did you do to your hair?” He asked back. I grinned and hugged him tight. He returned the favor. “I missed you.” He said smiling at me.

“Me too. I never expected to see you.” I said.

“Why are you here?” He asked.

“I’m eating with my friends. Oh I forgot. Want to meet them?” I ask him excitedly.

“You have friends?” He asked amused.

“I have social skills too you know.” I answered and dragged him back to my friends who were watching us with mixed emotions. Amused, curious, worried. "Do you understand Korean?"

"A bit but I'm still grasping the concept of the language so I might need a translator now and then." Aiden answered.

“Okay... anyway. Guys I would like you to meet Aiden, he’s one of the few friends I have before I met you. Aiden my friends. Minny, Kai, Luhan, Kris, Chen, Chanyeaol, D.O., Xuimin, Suho, Lay, Baekhyun, Sehun, Tao.” I said pointing to them at per name.

“Hello. I’m sorry but my Korean is not that good.” Aiden said in halting Korean greeting my friends.

“It’s okay. Nice to meet you.” Kris answered in english.

“What are you doing here A?” I ask him going back to english as he wraps his arms on my shoulder. He must have seen my face when he squeezed the still healing part.

“Looking for something to eat. What happened to your shoulder?” He asked concerned.

“Extracurricular activities.” I answer, he doesn’t need to know anything. “Oh you can join us. Can he guys?” I ask them.

“Sure.It’s nice to meet Flo’s friends once in awhile.” Suho said. I translated it to Aiden who smiled and sat down beside me.

“Frankly I’m amazed that she is in such a big group. She usually likes to be alone.” Aiden said. Kris laughed and translated it for the others.  Kris and I acted as translators. After a few minutes everyone got into rhythm, Aiden is a very charming person so it’s very easy to talk to him despite the language barrier. We were all laughing at something mundane.

“So Aiden who are you in Florence life?” Minny asked eyes sparkling with interest. Aiden sipped his drink before grinning impishly. Uh-oh.

“I’m her ex-boyfriend.” He answered. I almost choked when he said it. Kai patted my back and handed me a glass of water. They were all now looking at Aiden with interested expression.

“You are?!” Minny asked excited. “That makes sense because you have the British accent Florence loves.”

“That’s the only thing she likes about me.”  Aiden answered grinning. I hit his arm.

“That’s not true!” I objected.

“Oh really? What else did you like about me babe?” Aiden said throwing his arms on my shoulder and taking my gimbap.

“This part I don’t like.” I answer rolling my eyes but letting his arm stay. I missed him too much to get irritated at him-yet.

“What else babe?” Aiden asked playfully.

“I’ll give you the list later if you want.” I answer sarcastically, causing him to laugh.

“Still feisty I see.” He said. “but seriously I’m so happy to see you. I didn’t expect to see you after the institute. “Aiden stopped and glance nervously at my friends.

“They know who I am.” I said, picking up my fork. I give up on the chop sticks. I’ll face them another time. “The real me A.” I add as he looked confused.

“They what?!” he asked , looking shocked when I explained that they know me as Florence Jane. “Florence! That is dangerous!” he said worriedly. “Whatever entered your bloody mind to tell them?!”

“I have my reasons Aiden.” I answer calmly.

“We will never tell anyone about her.” Minny adds in a determined voice.

“But Florence!” Aiden said still worried. I reach out to pat his cheek fondly.

“It’s okay A, I’ll be fine.” I said reassuringly. “When did you become so worried? You used to tell me to live like I’m not being haunted.”

“Oh Florence. I don’t want them to catch you.” Aiden answered.

“They won’t. I’m not stupid to get caught.” I answered.

We all stayed silent as I ignored Aiden’s worried look. The happy mood had vanished. I pick up my chop sticks for the lack of something to do and tried to pick up a soimai. I failed and it landed on the next table. I looked mortified as the couple there looked at me with disgust.

“I give up!” I declare throwing the chop sticks away and throwing my arms up in exasperation.

Aiden looked at me strangely and laughed, like really laughed.  I glare at him and stab a soimai with a fork and shoved it into my mouth. Aiden still hadn’t stop laughing. My friends were also smiling.

“Who are you and what did you do to Florence? She won’t give up so easily.” Aiden said ruffling my hair, what is it with everyone liking to mess my hair. It’s already a mess for freaking out loud.

“Do you know how many months I battled those two sticks? I hate them.” I said stabbing a pork dimsum.

“She had worse disasters.” Suho supplied.  I glare at him, he smiled more widely.

“You guys are apparently good for her, despite the risk.” Aiden said pulling me into a hug. I squirm away complaining.

“Ren also said that to us.” Luhan said.

“Did he really? Interesting.” Aiden said and smiled. “I’m sorry for my outburst. I was just worried.” He add. My friends nod.

“We would never give her secret away.” Kai said.

“If she and Ren trusts you then I will too.” He answered. I sighed, finally Aiden the overprotective mode is over. “What were other disasters? Tell me everything.” He adds.

“Aiden!” I complained but they all ignored me. I refused to translate for him but Kris was game to take up the place.

I went back to eating, grumbling under my breath. I may be irritated now but a part of me is still happy to see Aiden.  I pick up my fork to eat the noodles.

“I can teach you how to do it.” Kai said besides me.

“Do what?” I ask.

“The chop sticks.” He answered. He held out to me the idiotic sticks. I just stare at it. “Flo, most Korean food is best enjoyed with chop sticks.” He said. I grabbed them and held them awkwardly.

“Hold it like you are holding a pencil. Only one of them moves.” He instructed. I felt the world had turned around. Kai is teaching me something. Weird. I move one of them and it didn’t go flying.

 “Try picking up something.” He said encouragingly. I pick up a gimbap and went it up a few inches and fell. I was amazed. Usually I didn’t have the chance to hold them and I lifted one on the first try. I beamed at Kai. He grinned back.  Before I can say another word Aiden interrupted.

“Flo love, I just remembered, since you’re here and all I need your help in something.”Aiden said stealing the gimbap on my plate.

“You stole my gimbap why should I help you!” I complain.

“because you’re the only one who can.” He answered. “Please Flo.” He add giving me his beast charming smile.

“Fine. What is it?” I ask looking for another gimbap to practice on. Kai placed one on my plate.

“I need you to solve me an equation.” He said. I looked up interested.

“Sure. That reminds me I fixed your hologram.” I answered.

“You did?”  Aiden asked excitedly. I nod and tried lifting the gimbap. Aiden threw his arms around me causing the gimbap to roll off.

“Aiden! Your wasting my food!”I complain.

“I’ll buy another one, but can I see it first? Please?” Aiden begged.

“It’s at my apartment. We can go there if you want.” I answered.

“Fantastic! Come along, we’re already finished here anyway.” He said standing up. “Do you guys want to come along?” He asked my friends who jumped at the opportunity.

“I left my shirt at your place Flo.” Chen said.

“I left my notebook there too.” Baekhyun adds.

“I forgot my pen their Flo.” Lay adds.

“I get the picture guys, sure you can come along.” I said after rolling my eyes.  Aiden asked for the cheek and paid for it. 

“Hurry Flo.” He said from the door.

“De de.” I answer as I stand. We all walked out of the restaurant.

                                                                    Ooo00ooO

Kai POV

I watch as Flo walk in front of me talking to Xuimin and Suho. Suho had an arm on her shoulder and she had threaded her arm through Xuimin’s, bouncing excitedly as they talked about the fair.

“Whatever you did to her don’t stop.” Aiden said to me, Luhan and Minny. In the course of an hour his Korean has improved that he can now carry easy conversation with us without the help of Flo and Kris.

“What do you mean?” Minny asked holding hands with Luhan. I felt no bitterness in my heart anymore.

“Flo looks so happy. I’ve never seen her like that. She usually kept to herself.” Aiden answered smiling fondly at the girl. I felt a twinge of jealousy. “She is finally acting her age.” Aiden adds.

“Why, what was she before?” I ask, curious.

“Very far from that girl in front of me.” Aiden answered darkly. He’s face going dark for a moment.

“She interacts with us but she was just so cold, her eyes held so little in them like she seen something so bad that it damaged her. Now her eyes are full of life, they look beautiful.” Aiden said as Flo looked back at us and grinned.

“Are you talking about me?” she asked.

“I was telling them how you were once a red head.” Aiden answered. 

Flo laughed. I can’t imagine a cold Flo, wait I have seen a glimpse of it last week. I shuddered as her emotionless eyes flash in my mind.

“I should do a blue one, they look so cool here.” Flo answered.

“My Fluffy ball of blue fluff.” Aiden answered grinning. I involuntarily frowned when he called her ‘My Fluffy’, they’re not together anymore, what’s with the endearments.

“Fluffy? That sounds like a dog’s name.” Kris said.

“I know right, that’s why I ask them to stop calling me that.” Florence answered.

“You nickname is Fluffy?” Kris asked again looking like he is about to laugh.

“Stop stating the obvious!” Florence said.

“Woof woof!” Kris teased laughing. Florence lets go of Xuimin and chased Kris who ran from her.

“Come back here you-“ We didn’t hear the last part clearly as Florence jumped on Kris from behind. I have to admit it, I’m jealous.

“Definitely acting her age.” Aiden said laughing. “Do you all know that’s what we call her?”

“Who’s we?” Luhan asked also grinning as we hear Kris complain that Florence is heavy but not putting her down.

“Her family and few people she had gotten close to. She used to have such fluffy hair when she was young you see. It looked like cotton candy, hence Fluffy.” Aiden explained.

“Kris stop spinning!” Florence complained but was laughing as she held on while Kris went in circles. Kris placed his hands on her legs and held her firmly in place. Okay I’m really jealous.

“Onwards to the castle my mighty steed!” Florence declared hand in the air. They both laughed as Kris ran uphill to the apartment.

“My friend is also acting his age.” Luhan said, grinning.

I reach the apartment first since I was, I don’t know, anxious to see what happened to the two of them. They were in front of the building waiting for us. Florence, finally, is standing on the ground.

“You guys are so slow.” She complained as she sees me. I roll my eyes.

“We don’t have mounts Fluffy.” I answered putting my arm on her shoulder. She rolled her eyes.

“Please don’t call me Fluffy.” She said.

“You’re having fun Flo?” Aiden asked her as they stopped in front of the building to rest.

“Of course I have. Ren doesn’t give me piggy back rides and you don’t too.” She answered grinning.

“Kris are you okay?” Tao asked Kris who was sitting on a ledge.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter