Breakfast Delivery

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flo POV

I walk out of my apartment building yawning.

“Good day Ms. Khan.”

“And to you too Rob.” I answering waving goodbye. I turned a corner and stopped on my tracks.

I’m still asleep and I’ll wake up in a second. He can’t be waiting for me. I’m dreaming. He was staring at the sky with a small smile his bronze hair glimmering in the morning light. He must have felt my stare because he looked my way and smiled that smile that lights ups his face.  He straightens up and walked towards me and this is usually the time I wake up. I close my eyes and open them. Why is he still here? And why am I not in bed?

“This is real?” I said panicked. He stops right in front of me smirking.

“If this is not then that means you dream about me.” He said.

“What do you want?” I ask him suspiciously. They never fetch me on the morning.

“I wanted to talk to you and bring you breakfast.” Kai answered lifting a bag in front of me. I can instantly smell the coffee and bread inside. “have you eaten?” I shook my head. “Perfect.”

“What is this all about?” I ask him again.

“Come on let’s walk.” He said. I walk silently beside him still suspicious. “Here.” He said handing me a muffin.  “it’s not as good as yours but I thought you’d sleep late since you were so tried last night so you won’t eat breakfast.”

“Thanks.” I answer biting into the muffin. It was quite good but I’m still confused on what is happening.

“Why are you here?” I ask him.

“We we’re worried someone might take you on the morning too.” He answered.

“We?”

“Alright I was worried.”

“I’m fine.”

We walked in silence a few meters. Why the heck is the silence awkward? I can usually tell Kai anything, and when were with each other we were quite noisy.

“Flo..” he stated again. We were nearing the school.

“Hmm?” I asked as I sipped the coffee.

“I’m sorry.” He said. I stop walking and look at him.

“I’m sorry. I was being a jerk last time.”  He said, clutching me shoulders.  I just stare at him.  “I’m sorry Flo.” He repeated. I stare into his brown eyes, those brown eyes that I missed so much. They were filled with remorse, anxiousness and another feeling I can’t describe. “Flo?”

Silence.

“You’re really mad at me.” He said sadly after a moment. He let me go and stepped back, eyes hooded.

“I’m not mad.” I said softly, reaching out to touch his sleeve urging him to look back at me. “Between us two you’re the one who is mad.”

“Yeah, that’s why I’m here asking for an apology.” Kai answered. He pouted when I didn't answer immediately. "I just want you safe that's all."

I sighed. I can’t think straight with Kai looking at me like this. Oh what had happened to my head? And heart? I need to chill and let this go, he obviously like someone else so before the small pinprick becomes a bleeding mess I need to stop.  I placed the most sincere smile I can muster and flashed it to him.

“Apology accepted.” I said. He raised his brows in disbelief. “You don’t want me to do that?”  I asked smiling. He grinned back.

“Thanks Flo.” He said. "You forgive me too easily. I usually have to beg hard when I piss Minny off."

“I'm not that cruel.” I answer. “Can I finish my breakfast now?”  He didn’t answer but took the muffin from my hand and gobbled it up. I watch incredulous, can someone remind me why I like him again. I glared at him and walked off. I can hear his laughter following me and an arm draped on my shoulder.

“Here.” He said handing me my favorite chocolates. I look at it for a minute before taking it. It’s free food, why should I say no?  I open it and started eating, chocolates for breakfast and Kai beside me; yeah it’s a great day.

                                                                                 Ooo00ooO

Kai POV

We were just around the corner from the school and my day is already great. Her perfume is intoxicating as we walk my arm around her shoulder. I can feel some stiffness, just a tiny bit but maybe it’s due to her injury. She had a small smile on her face as she ate chocolates. She faced my way and my breath skipped a beat as her blue eyes looked into mine. If we were not in front of school, I would have kissed her.

“Kai can I ask a question?” She said in a serious tone. I smiled at her.

“The genius is going to ask me a question? I’m curious. Go ahead.” I answered.

“What did I do that made you so mad?” She asked.

“Why are you asking?”

“So I won’t do it again.”

Before I can answer we heard class reps voice calling her name.

“Hello class rep! Your here early. Hi Kris.” Flo greeted the two boys waiting for us at the front of the main entrance.

“Yo.” Kris answered.

“Hi Kai.” Class rep said brows raised questioningly at my arm on Flo’s shoulder.

“What you two doing here so early?” Flo asked, not shoving my arm away.

“We wanted to see the place where our booth will stand. Kris volunteered to do the floor plans.” Class rep answered. “Can you come with us?”

“Sure.” Flo answered and stepped away from me.  “Talk to you later Kai.” She said smiling at me before going off with class rep and Kris.

So I won’t do it again.  Her voice replayed in my head. She wanted to know why I got mad and said she won’t do it again.

“She’s actually doing it again.” I said to myself as I watch her thread her arm through Kris and class rep, happily talking about the both. I don’t have anything against class rep, he has a girlfriend, it’s Kris that has me worried. Flo seems to like him, but on the other hand she likes everyone. Oh my poor mind is getting paranoid.

                                                                                       Ooo000ooO

Flo POV

We walk back to class very relived. Kris can do the floor plan and measurements.

“I’m so excited for the fair. We only need to tackle the variety show Min-ho wanted.” Class rep said.

“He’s lucky he has a band with him in his class, they plan to win landslide this year.” I answer munching on a new pack of chocolates from Kris. It’s not my favorite panda chocolate; Kai seems to be the only one who knows where to buy those, but it’s still chocolate.

“Let’s give them a run for their money then.” Kris answered gamely.  “I can rap!” he adds.

“That’s a nice suggestion Kris.” I said.

“Seriously. I wasn’t joking.” Kris answered but grinning.

“Yeah right.” I said as we entered the classroom.

Kris started to rap behind me. I stopped and stared at him. He raised his brows, grinned and rapped in English. It was one of my favorite songs, Rocketeer.

“Where we go we don’t need roads, where we stop nobody knows, to the stars if you really want it, got got a jetpack with your name on it.  Above the stars in the atmosphere, say the words and we outta here. Hold my hand if you feeling scared, we flying up up outta here.” He rapped.  The class went silent and then clapped.

“Wow Kris.” I said impressed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter