Niga Joha Neomu Joha

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure it’s a good idea to let him follow her?” Suho asked Minny as they watch Kai ran out of the house, after grabbing a small bag, when he heard that Flo was at the beach.

“Do you think you can stop Kai? He’s pretty stubborn when he wants to do something.” Minny answered smiling a bit.

“Flo will be pissed when she sees that bruise on Kai.” Sehun mused rubbing his hand that gave the worst bruise.

“No she won’t. Frankly I think Kai will receive one more..” Minny said grinning. “Or two or three.. who knows.” Minny giggles.

“You sound chirpy.” Lay said watching her.

“I am. I just love watching a love story unfold in front of my eyes.” Minny answered giggling.

“Minny is playing match maker again.” Luhan mused. “Watch out guys you’re next.”

“Minny I prefer someone who can cook.” Chanyeol said gamely.

“I’ll put that down on my list.” Minny answered laughing.

Suddenly Kris stands and walks to the door.

“Kris! You’re not going there right?” Minny exclaimed seeing Kris face. He suddenly looked older than his age and he looked tired.

“No. I won’t interrupt them don’t worry. I just want some air.” Kris answered in a low voice.

“Don’t jump off a cliff.” Luhan said in a forced light tone.

“I’m not suicidal.” Kris said rolling his eyes and went out.

The rest watched the door for a moment before looking at each other.

“This is going to be complicated.” Suho said.

“Tell me about it.” Minny answered sighing. Her happy mood had disappeared when she saw the sadness in Kris’ face. “He won’t interrupt them right?”

“No he won’t. Kris is not like that. He’ll prefer the pain he knows is coming over upsetting Flo.” Luhan answered quietly.

“Just like Flo…” Minny said softly that only Luhan heard her.

“He’ll be fine.” Luhan whispered to Minny gently and kissed her hair.

+++

Flo POV

We chatted about useless things, like how a crab will look if it will walk forward, but most of the time we just walked. Well he walked, I hobbled.

The sun was close to setting and it casted a soft orange, pink and purple glow to the sky.

“I’m really sorry Flo.” Kai said.

“You have like repeated that 5 times and my answer is still the same. I forgave you already.” I answered.

“It’s just that.. you forgive me too easily. You’re supposed to hit me like other girls do.” Kai mused.

“Do you want me to hit you then?” I asked my mouth twitching.

“If it makes you feel better go ahead.” Kai answered stopping.

“I won’t feel better about hitting you, you idiot.” I said reaching out to gently touch the tear on his lip. “Besides, I think the boys already did it for me.”

“Everyone is very pissed with me right now.” Kai answered grabbing my hand and leaning into it.

“Hmmm.. as expected. You’re lucky Ren is not here.” I mused. “Aiden had to go to the hospital to get stitches the one time he made me cry and Ren happened to see it.”

“Don’t scare me.” Kai said in a serious tone.

“Just stating a fact.” I said amused at him. “Come on. I want to reach the hill before twilight.” I add pointing to a small incline ahead of us.

“Alright. Come on.” He said helping me hobble-walk.

We passed by Luke and some of his friends who enthusiastically waved when they recognized me. Good thing they were currently buried waist deep in some sand spa and can’t walk towards us. I wave goodbye as we walk away laughing at them.

“You make friends so easily.” Kai said in a low tone.

“Well I’m a likable person, heck even you like me.” I said grinning, the image of Luke trying to get of the sand still in my mind. He looked hilarious.

“Yeah I like you.” Kai said in a serious tone.

“Oh wow. I’m flattered.” I teased poking his cheek. “thanks.”

“I’m serious Flo.” He said stopping. There was no one around us anywhere.

“Hmmm?” I asked cocking my head.

He took a deep breath and looked away, looking anywhere but me.

“I wanted to tell you something.” He said uneasily.

“what?” I asked, my heart suddenly started to beat fast.

He didn’t answer but was looking at his feet.

“Kai? What is it?” I asked but I have an inclination of what he wanted to say. “Oppa?”

He took another deep breath and looked at me. His brown eyes shining with intensity. He grabbed both my hands in his.

“I like you Florence.” He said. “I like you, I really like you.”

I like you. I repeated it in my head over and over again. Marveling on how three words can make me so euphoric. It’s different hearing it from others and hearing him actually say it. The emotions hurtling through me were making me dizzy. I felt so happy, ridiculously happy.

Kai likes me.

He’ll be in great danger Flo. Once they realize how you feel about him. he will be in enormous danger. Ren’s warning repeated in my head.

And from my euphoric high I crashed hard to the ground.

“Flo?” He said softly, shyly.

I pull my hands from his and looked out to the sea.

There was an internal battle in my head.

Minny was right. It’s different when I played it in my head and the actual scene in reality. It’s hard, way harder than I thought.

In the end I’d rather see him alive far away from me than beside me cold and dead.

“Thank you but I don’t like you like that Kai.” I said still staring at the sea.

How can that sentence make my heart ache so much? My heart was screaming for me to take it back. I felt like it was breaking into a million pieces. I was suddenly cold. I wrap my arms around myself.

Kai was not moving beside me.

The moments that passed by were like eons to me. I wanted to look at him, to wrap my arms around him and say I like him, heck I think I love him already. But I can’t so I just looked at the sea.

I wanted to hear footsteps. I wanted to see him walk away from me so I can cry here alone.

“No. that’s not true.” Kai said softly. “tell me that’s not true.”

Does he really want me to repeat  it? Does he want me to torture the two of us more?

“I don’t like you Kai.” I said in monotone not looking at him.

“No. You’re lying.” Kai said and grabbed my hand making my body face him. “You like me, if you don’t why did you react like that with Lee Na Ra? Why? No Flo you’re lying. Why are you lying Flo? Please tell me the truth. Stop breaking my heart. Flo… I love you.”

My heart stopped beating and started in a beat that would make doctors frantic, it was too fast.

I just said in my head that I love him and now he just said it to my face.

What am I going to do?

“No..” I said softly looking at the ground.

“Say it to my face then. Look at me. tell it to me. Tell me that what we have now is nothing. Tell me you felt nothing when we kissed. Tell it to my face!” He said loudly grabbing both of my arms and shook me gently. “Tell me Florence! Look at me in the eye and tell me!”

I didn’t look up because I knew once I did my resolve will disappear like smoke.

“Flo look at me.” He said grabbing my chin and forcing my head upwards.

Blue meets brown.

“I love you.” He implored.

Those were the most beautiful words I ever heard and it felt perfect for him to say it to me. It felt so natural.. like breathing.

“Flo?” he said again, his eyes searching my face.

“I-I can’t… please.” I said and stopped as his eyes turned a few shades darker.

“I love you.” He said softly.

And there goes all the reasoning I had in my head. out the window of my brain never to be seen again.

“I can’t do this anymore.” I said, softly touching his cheek. “I love you too Kai.”

If life is a movie can I pause at this part?

Kai pauses and then smiles brightly pulling me into his arms.

“I knew you were lying.” He said grinning like an idiot.

“Really?” I asked cocking an eyebrow.

“Nope.” He replied shaking his head still grinning like a lunatic.

“Will you please shut up and kiss me already?” I said trying not to grin back with the same mind set.

He pulls me closer and closer and I can feel his breath on my face. My eyes fluttered close as his lips met mine.

About the pause in  my life movie? Can you do it now? Please?

That Christmas Eve kiss? It was nothing. New years eve? That was tame.

Well it sort of started soft and romantic but quickly turned to a demanding one as all those pent up emotions, feelings and frustrations were poured into this one kiss.

His arms pull me close, closer if it was any way possible as my hand run through his hair. His breath tasted of mint and something else. It was making me dizzy, like I was on a high.

And that electricity, the spark that was between us was now a blazing fire. If it weren’t for his arms I would have collapsed on the ground.

I broke the kiss, needing air.

“I love you.” He said again nuzzling my neck.

“I love you too.” I answered wrapping my arms around him, burying my face in the crook of his neck.

I felt him kiss my neck softly going upwards tracing my pulse, up to my chin and claimed my lips again. I kiss him back in earnest and felt him smile. I attempted to move away but his hand tunneled through my hair setting my head in place.

He pulled away after a few moments, grinning broadly.

“You’re mine now.” He said happily. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Someone’s being possessive.” I teased kissing the tip of his nose.

“You don’t know how happy I am right now.” He said.

“Same here.” I said looking up at him smiling.

“Strawberry will never taste the same for me again.” He said laughing kissing me again softly.

“Silly Oppa.” I mused as he chuckled and kissed my forehead.

“Do you still want to go up that hill?” He asked after another kiss.

“Why yes. That was my main purpose before you distracted me.” I answered grinning.

“Come on then. The sun’s still up.” He said letting me go expect for my hand.

We started to walk again.

“Come on I’ll give you a lift, by the rate you’re going we won’t reach the summit by midnight.” He said bending down.

“Meanie.” I said pouting.

“Stop pouting if you want us to get to the summit.” Kai said looking at me.

“Ehh? Why?” I asked.

“I just want to kiss you again so stop.” He said seriously.

“But what if I want you to kiss me?” I asked grinning.

“Flo! Do you want to go to the top of the hill or not?” He asked pulling me into his arms.

“Hill. I want to go to the hill.” I said laughing.

“Then come on.” He said bending down again. I climbed on his back and wrap my arms loosely around his neck.

“Giddy up!” I said giggling. “How much for the ride up kind sir?”

“A kiss or two will do.” He answered.

“Just two?”

“We’ll see when we reach the top my lady.”

“I just might run away.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll catch you just fine. You can’t run away from me.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.”

I chuckled and kissed his neck. Inhaling his scent.

How can I be this happy? can that even be possible? I felt like the whole world was suddenly a better place.

A small nagging voice that sounded like my reason was whispering at the back of my head but I put it on mute. I’m allowing myself one night to be blissfully happy, I think I deserve it.

We reached the top of the hill and like I expected the view was  spectacular. Kai had a small bag with him which he pulled out a blanket from. He spread it out on the sand and sat down patting the space beside him.

“You prepared for this?” I asked amused looking at him.

“All part of my grand plan to get you.” He said laughing as I roll my eyes at him and sat down.

“Does that sleeping with Lee Na Ra part included?” I . his face turned sour a bit.

“That was me being an idiot. I’m sorry I made you cry.” He said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter