The Children of the Mafia

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Kim Jong-in/Kai

It’s been a month; I have adjusted quite well in my new school. Minny and I have grown close; she’s the closest thing I can call to a best friend. I like the boys too but there are just some things that a girl can only confine to a fellow girl.

“Your boyfriend’s weird.” I said to Minny as I munch on chocolates courtesy of Kai. We we’re watching the boys practice. We had free period and decided that sun is great, so we sat outside along with the rest of the female population. They were ogling at the boys on the field.

“W-w-what?” Minny said startled beside me. I laughed at her innocent expression.

“Min, please, you both have something for each other. The way he looks at you and you at him, and of all of them, I feel he’s the most agitated when you’re not in sight.” I said grinning at her face. “Don’t worry Minny, you don’t need to tell me anything.” I said reassuringly and went back to eating my chocolates.

“Luhan and I.. we…” Minny said at lost for word, blushing furiously.

“Min, don’t. I don’t need to know anything.” I stopped her and smiled reassuringly.

“But I want you to know! You’re the closet thing I have to a girl best friend.” She said giving me a tentative smile.

“You’re my best friend too Minny.” I answered touching her hand.

“and your best friend has a right to know about you, right.” She insisted. I shrug.

“As long as you’re comfortable with it.” I answer.

“Luhan and I.. we have a relationship.” Minny said.

“A special relationship?” I supplied.                     

“yes a special relationship.” She agrees.

“Of all our boys you care about him the most and he care’s the most about you, like that?” I ask already knowing the answer. If Luhan has to jump in front of Minny to save her from a bullet, he’ll do it without any hesitation. He is strange in a good way. The boys, even Minny move in a more delicate way around him. It subtle but I notice it a couple of times.

“Yes.” Minny answer smiling.  I smiled back at her, I really liked her. She is just so universally kind, I just don’t get why anybody would dislike her.

“heads up!” D.O.’s voice interrupted our moment. I stand and did a back flip kick to return the ball. It was pure instinct, a move ingrained in my brain that I did not think. I landed gracefully on my feet; luckily I’m wearing leggings today. It’s a bit cold. The boys looked dazed.

“What?! Do you honestly think you’re just the ones that can play soccer?” I shouted to them grinning. The adrenaline shot making me jumpy. D.O. had caught the ball and the 12 of them started to walk towards us.

“Oh-uh. Am I in trouble?” I ask Minny as I watch the boys walk towards us.

“I don’t think so.” Minny answer uncertainly.

“Flo! Where did you learn to play like that?” Kai demanded.

“England.” I answer honestly sitting back.

“You’ve been around a lot.” He said dropping beside me taking my water bottle and passed it around. Minny had to share her water bottle to Luhan only. Another sign that those two have a relationship.

“Yes and that’s my water bottle. Why doesn’t anyone ask Minny for some of hers except Luhan?” I complain as the empty water bottle came back to me.  The boys look at each other hesitantly, like they did not want to answer the question. Luhan and Minny looked uncomfortable.

“Oh forget it.” I said lightly. “Practice over?” I ask to change the topic and remove the suddenly tensed atmosphere.  The wind blew a gentle breeze whipping my hair around. I decided to cut it to my shoulder level and it’s not that messy anymore. 

“yeah, Coach was a bit shocked when you did that back flip that he dismissed us early. He grumbled why you weren’t a boy.” Chen said.

“Why in the world would he want me to be a boy?” I asked grinning.

“Not one of us can do that back flip and he said you should teach us some tricks.” Sehun said taking away my food. Sometimes I regret putting him on permanent yaja time.

“Hey that’s mine!” I grumbled as I tried to swipe my food back. Honestly they like to take my food but not Minny’s, it seems unfair sometimes. I looked at the plastic bag forlornly as it came back empty. “You are such wolves.” I exclaim for the lack of a better word. I was still looking at the plastic sadly that I did not notice the ripple of nervousness pass on all of their faces.

“We’ll get you more.” Kai said. I glance at him happily, my mood instantly perked up.

“Yey! Let’s go Minny.” I said jumping up instantly. I glance back to see Minny’s troubled face. I frowned. “What now?”

“Can I walk with Minny today Flo?” Luhan asked me. The dude’s asking me permission to walk with her girlfriend. How cute.

“Of course you can. She’s all yours!” I exclaim happily. Grinning at the blushing face of Minny.  “Take a long walk.” I add wiggly my brows suggestively.

“Florence!!!” Mhinny exclaimed red-faced throwing me her water bottle. I laugh as I ran away.

“See yah guys! Have a nice walk!” I said as I kick a ball to the goal post, the dismissal bell ringing.

I was replacing my school shoes with outside shoes, humming happily for Minny that I did not notice a figure beside me.

“You sound happy.” Kai said.

“Gah! Don’t do that.” I complain as I slip my shoes on.  “You’re leaving early?” I ask him since the 11 of them usually leave school together.

“We’re buying chocolates remember?” He said to me.

“You’re coming with me?” I ask startled. He nod swung his bag to the back and leaned on the locker. From my point of view he looked cool. No wonder girls were jealous. “You don’t have too, you know.”

“Minny is not your only friend you know.” He said. I grin sheepishly. “Unless you don’t want too?”

“Oh no. please come with me. Those chocolates were fantastic, where did you buy them?” I asked, finally finished tying up my shoes.

“The place is a secret, you’re lucky I’m going to bring you there.” he answered grinning.

“gee I’m honored Mr. Kim.” I replied picking up my bag.

“Let’s go then.” Kai said.  I walked after him into the afternoon sun.

+++

“Jong-in.”

“Yeah?”

“When can someone call another one Oppa?”

“When you’re very close or when the guy allows you too.”

“ahhhh.. I should try calling Ren Oppa then.”

“Who’s Ren?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter