Wide Awake

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai POV

Lavender and jasmine. My favorite scents in the world assaulted my nose as I slowly woke up. I was comfortable yet hot.. those scents do crazy things to my hormones.

Wait why do I have that scent in my room? I opened my eyes finally letting go of my dreams of the beach.

I was not in my room, makes sense. I looked around recognize where I was when a hand lightly ran up my torso taking me by surprise. I had been taken advantage far too many times with this prank that I was on alert immediately... Please don’t let this be another prank... Did I drink too much again last night at the party? Right I was at the party... And she was also there...

“Are you awake now?” Her voice said interrupting my rewind of events from last night.

“Flo?” I ask still on defence in case I was still drunk and hallucinating.

“Do you expect anyone else Kai?” She asked and I turned towards the source of her voice and it was indeed her- my girlfriend was watching me with an amused smile.

“Are you real?” I ask.

“Nope. I’m just a fragment of your imagination... You always dream about me though... You must be really depressed with your current girlfriend named Lee Na Ra” She answered grinning.

“Right.” I said reaching out and pulled her in my arms. She didn’t put up any protest but instead wrapped her arms around my neck. I buried my face in her neck drinking up that wonderful lavender jasmine scent and my hormones went into overdrive. “If you’re a dream I don’t want to wake up.”

“Ummhmm..” Flo answered running a hand through my hair.

I moved around until she was on the bed and I hover on top of her support my weight by my elbows.

"Good morning darling.” She said grinning caressing my face. I knew she meant it to be sweet and all but her voice already y in its normal tone drove me to the wall in its husky morning tone.

I groaned and kissed her roughly. She kissed me back and I had to pull away before I do something stupid. Why do I have the feeling of de ja vu??

“Flo... You do know that it’s a hard time for men during the morning... Pun not intended.” I murmured breathing ragged. She laughed and kissed my jaw obviously teasing me. “I’m serious, not funny.”

“Then let me go so I can’t tempt you more.” Flo answered and her eyes sparkling in the morning light made her breath-taking. I couldn’t help myself so I leaned down and kissed her. Her lips curved into a smile before kissing me back.

“You’re killing me...” I murmured dropping on her side and wrapped my arms around her hugging her. She laughed and tweaked my nose. I let her go after one more kiss because I think I can’t hold on much longer and I just might ravish her on the spot.  

“This is the way I want to wake up every day...” Flo said getting out of bed and shrugging on a long robe.

“Which is?” I ask not getting off of her warm bed.

“With you by my side sleep talking about how hot I am.”Flo answered sitting down again on the bed. I immediately felt my cheeks warm up in embarrassment. She laughed again and leaned towards me kissing me softly. “I’ll go cook breakfast. What does Oppa like for breakfast?”

“Can I have you?” I answered grinning jumping at the opportunity to .

“Do I look edible to you?” She asked arms spread out.

I didn’t answer immediately but checked out my girlfriend in her Pikachu pajamas, white and blue house robe, hair in a curly halo (well most of that was my fault) and the warm smile that I will always love.

“Very very edible. I can eat you right now.” I answered putting on a leering smile and looked at her from head to toe making her laugh. I shifted and pounced on her but she was faster. She was already out of my reach and was at the door.

“I’m not on the menu kind sir but I’ll fry some eggs, bacon and hot dog for you.” Flo said.

“Okay.” I answered yawning. “Thanks love.”

“No problem.” Flo answered and went out of the room.

I smile and plop back down on the bed her scent waifed through the air. I reach for a pillow and hugged it grinning like a maniac. A few moments later I let go of the pillow and got out of bed. I padded out of her room and into the guest room upstairs resisting the urge to stop by at the kitchen. Once in the guest room I rummage in our cabinet - our meaning us boys. The guest room in Khan Residence has transformed into our own little room with our stuff all over. I spy one shirt of mine and decided to borrow Sehun’s chinos since I can’t find any clean pants of mine.

Feeling fresh and hungry I went to the kitchen following the smell of breakfast. I round the corner to then kitchen and paused as I took in the scene.

Flo had her back to me and was still cooking. She was talking to Butter who was eating his breakfast.

“You know Butterby I should take you for a haircut. Your hair is getting longer.” She said to her dog that barked and continued eating. “We should visit Moggu and Kurong soon. You have been starved of Dog Company. Do you think I should look for another dog Butterby?”

Her dog snarled and left his breakfast to tug on the pants of her pajamas making her laugh.

“Aren’t you a jealous thing...? Just like the one who choose you.” She said bending down to pat the dog’s head. “Don’t worry Butterby; you’ll be forever my favourite.”

I grin watching her for a few more moments. My heart was fluttering as I just look truly amazed that I was given the chance to have this girl in my life. Heck she can have a prince if she wanted but she chose me- an ordinary boy. I’m so lucky.

“Oppa. What are you doing? Why do you look dazed?” Flo asked.

I shook my head clearing out my thoughts of the future and smiled at her.

“Nothing... Just imagining what we will be like 20 years from now. I want to wake up to this scene every morning.” I answered walking towards her wrapping my arms from behind and kissing her temple earning a giggle. “I love you Flo.”

“Love you too.” Flo answered and faced the stove again expertly flipping the eggs. I didn’t let her go and she didn’t complain so I just stayed there hugging her for a few more moments. “You need to let me go now Oppa.”

“Aniya. “I murmured kissing her neck.

“If you want breakfast you should let me go.” She said.

 “Fine.” I said with a pout making her laugh. I let her go and went off to get plates, forks and spoons. “Would you like Juice, milk or coffee?”

“Juice please.” Flo answered putting the plate of eggs beside a plate of bacon, hotdogs and chicken. There were even pancakes.

“I always wonder how you manage to cook all of these. “I mused as I help her sit down and sat down too.

“Magic.” She said grinning and drank her juice. “There’s some rice in the cooker if you want.”

“How about you? “I ask standing up to get some.

“I’m fine with my pancakes.” She answered already drizzling chocolate syrup on the said pancakes. 

“I forgot to ask... Don’t you have a hangover?” I ask sitting back down.

“I drank some Advil an hour ago. It doesn’t hurt the much anymore.” Flo said staring to eat.

“You should have woken me up if you felt any pain and needed meds.” I said frowning.

“You were sleeping peacefully and I’m a big girl Oppa... I can handle myself.” She answered.

“But I want to take care of you.”

She laughed and blushed. I grin and reach over to ruffle her hair. She swats it away with a pout. 

“I’m serious. I want to take care of you Flo.”

“You already do Oppa.”

She smiled again and resumed eating. We ate like that in silence for a few minutes.

“Kai?”

“Hmm?”

“Can I ask something..?”

“Shoot love.”

“Were you serious about...?” 

I looked up at her since she didn’t continue her sentence.

“Serious about what Flo?”

She looked at me then glanced away blushing again. My brows rose in amusement.

“What is it Jagiya?” I ask reaching for her hand and interlocking her fingers with mine.

“About.. umm... Marrying me?”

I cocked my head to the side as I digested what she said.. Then I remembered last night and my promise of not touching her until it was the right time. I let out a chuckle as I remember her assault on me.

“Yes. That’s part of the plan.” I answered making her blush again.

A year ago I would have found it weird to see Flo blush so easily but now I find it adorable.

“Flo... Jagiya look at me.” I said tugging on her hand. She compiled and faced me. “I want to marry you. I really do but not now. We’re way too young to do that. I want you to at least enjoy your life before you get locked downed with me. Minny and you still have to go to those silly fashion shows you love to talk about. You still have to win a noble price for discovering something. You have so many things still to accomplish my love and us getting hitched now just because of our hormones is not a smart thing to do.”

She stared at me again and chuckled.

“Kim Jong In you are too good to be true.” She said reaching over the table to touch my face. “And for the record you too have so many things to accomplish. You can be a kpop idol if you want! Give EXO Kai a run for his money.”

I cocked my eyebrow at her suggestion.

“So you’re okay with the fact that if I become an idol I will have female fans that will go gaga over me? Who will want me to be their boyfriend?”

“Umm... If that’s what you want to be then I think I need to learn how to control my temper.”

I laugh again as she glared at me.

“I have no plans on becoming an idol my love. My love for dancing doesn’t mean I have to be an idol... I can also teach dance or be a choreographer. And as I can remember it was you who was offered the chance to be an idol not me.”

She rolls her eyes at me.

“Can you imagine me dancing on the stage wearing those stage costumes like SNSD does?”

I frown when she said that.

“Nope. You should just stay in your lab.” I answer making her laugh.

“I can’t believe that we’re talking about marriage and you haven’t even proposed.” She said picking up a piece of bacon and munching on it.

I suddenly stood making her look at me in surprise.

“What’s wrong Oppa?” She asks.

“Stay here. I forgot something.” I said leaving the kitchen and rushed to the guest room where my bag was. I rummage around it until I found what I wanted and returned back to the kitchen where Flow as waiting with a curious expression.

  I smile and walked towards her. Her amused expression morphed into a surprised one as I kneeled on one knee in front of her. I opened the case of the ring.

“O- Oppa what are you doing?” She asked.

“Shuss. I’m trying to think of my proposal speech but my mind keeps going blank.” I answered grinning at her. “Hmm... Flo?”

“Yes Oppa?”

“Florence Jane. I didn’t know how this happened... how you came suddenly in my life and changed it radically. I don’t know how or why I was given the chance to meet you and get to know you but I thank heaven for the chance. The chance to meet you, the chance to fall in love with you. Falling in love with you is like... a rollercoaster ride. It was scary at first but in the end it was worth it... loving you is like breathing. It came so naturally like I was made to love you and for some wonderful miracle you love me too. Flo I can’t promise you anything now but my heart. It’s all yours and will be forever yours. In the future I will ask you a different question but for now... will you be mine forever?”

She stared at me looking stunned and didn’t answer for a few moments that I started to doubt myself.

“Yes...” She said softly.

“Excuse me what?”

“Yes Kim Jong In. Yes!” She said.

I smiled as I felt my heart thud fast as her beautiful blue eyes watered as I slip on the ring on her finger. I leaned down to kiss her hand gently and was taken by surprise when she tackled me on the floor. Her lips were on mine before I can even comprehend what was happening.

Have I ever voiced out how hard it is to contain myself when Flo kisses me? How I lose my mind to her touch? To her lips kissing me? How I go crazy with restraint when all I wanted was to have her. How hard it is to stop myself.

I almost forgot my promise. Almost.

“Flo...” I said her name when she finally left my lips to kiss my jaw.

“Hmm?”

“You are making this very hard for me Jagiya. Please.”

“Please what Kai?”

I groan softly as she kissed the crook of my neck.

“Flo... Please stop. I don’t want to break my promise. Please Flo.”

Her soft lips left my neck and I opened my eyes to see her watching me.

“Just checking.” Flo said with a smile and leaned up to put a quick kiss on my lips then pull away. “I suggest you get fat Oppa. So you won’t be too tempting.”

She grins and pulls both of us up. I roll my eyes at her.

“And what? Lose my horde of fans?” I teased making her glare at me. She smacks my chest and I pull her in my arms. “I just proposed to you and yet you still get insecure.”

“Old habits die hard Oppa.” Flo answered with a pout. She then raises her hand to admire the intricate sliver ring with a blue gem stone on it. It shined in the morning light. “It’s beautiful Oppa. Thank you.”

“That gemstone is the closest thing I saw that is the colour of your eyes.” I said intertwining her hand with mine. “Have I mentioned that I love your eyes?”

“Not in words you did.” Flo said hugging me. “Do you have a ring too?”

“Yes it’s actually a pair. Mine’s back in the room.”

“Yah! You should wear it too!”

“Can I do that after we eat?”

“It wasn’t me who interrupted breakfast.”

I roll my eyes at her and stood up with her in my arms.

“See my muscles woman.” I said flexing my arm as I carried her back to her seat and put her down gently.

“Ugghh please don’t go there... If you go body builder mode on me I will leave you.” Flo said as she resumed eating.

“But you just accepted my proposal.” I said doing a body builder pose involving me flexing my arms. “You like it.”

Flo cocked her brows and then ignored me. I chuckled and putting a kiss on the top of her head before I settled down to eat breakfast.

“What are we going to do today love?” I ask as we sipped coffee a while later.

“Ummm I was hoping to invite everyone over and ask them to help move my things back to the apartment. Mom and Dad are arriving two days from now so I’ll be permanently staying at the apartment.” Flo answered. “I want the house organized. Kris and Lu also need to move their things.”

“We can do that in the afternoon. I bet my dollar that they’re still hung over.” I answered.

“Well then we got nothing else to do expect lounge around. Unless you want to practice our graduation song.” Flo answered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter