They're Here

My Best Friend's Boyfriend is a Werewolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flo POV

Tuesday. The whole morning we worked hard on the booth and the game. The participants practicing in front of me and class rep. I secured a room and showed class rep our piece for the variety show. He was impressed at the boys. They were near prefect. A little more push.

The afternoon we had to stop since there was an educational tour and we needed to attend an assembly. We were filling at the door of the auditorium when the person who was giving the mini-lecture arrived. I gasped when I saw a familiar face.

It was Aiden.

His eyes roamed around smiling at the students and stopped at mine. His eyes flicked with recognition but he didn’t acknowledge me. I gasp again when I saw the girl besides him. It was Julie, one of my few friends. She looks at me with surprise and looked like she was about to run towards me. I shook my head softly and Aiden pulled her inside.

“That was Aiden. Can we say hi?” Minny asked besides me.

“He doesn’t know you Min.” I said to her. “He doesn’t know us, doesn’t know me.” I add softly.

“Come let’s go inside.” Kai said towing me inside. I wanted nothing more than to hug my friends but that would blow my cover.

We sat at the back away from the lights. I settled down near the exit. I suddenly felt uneasy.

“You okay?” Kai asked beside me as the lecture started.

“I’m fine.” I answer smiling at him. “I’m just going to be bored since I’m going to listen to the lecture I helped Aiden with years ago. I know all about it already.” I answer yawning.

“Show off.” He answered rolling his eyes.

“You should listen, it’s a very informative lecture and Aiden is good at teaching.” I add lowering my position preparing to go to sleep. I find Aiden’s voice sleep inducing when I already know what he is talking about.

Around the middle of the lecture I moved to get out. I was bored out of my mind and I need a drink.

“I’ll just go get a drink.” I said to Kai who moved to follow me. “Just stay here. I’ll be back in a minute. Want anything?” I ask him.

“Nothing. Bring your phone along.” He orders.

“Okay. See you in a minute.” I said and quietly walked out of the auditorium.

 

I was walking back already clutching my drink when I saw them. They were just parking their car and were looking around. Their black suits looking crisp and menacing at the same time. I felt my heart stop beating and I stood frozen as I watch them approach the main door.

They were about to see me when someone pulled me back into a shadowed alcove. It was the Principal. He looked frantic.

“Flo? Did they see you?” He asked urgently. I shake my head. “They followed Aiden. I didn’t know Aiden was the speaker until today. I should have cancelled.” He said looking around. “You can’t go back to the auditorium. They will see you.” He said to me.

I just nod my mind staring to go blank. They’re here.

“Flo darling you need to hide.” Principal said softly. “Hide anywhere. Just don’t go back to the auditorium. Florence.”

I nod absentminded. They’re here to take me away.

“I won’t let them take you away Flo but you need to hide. I’ll distract them and lead them to the auditorium while you go hide.” Principal instructed.

I nod again. They’re here to take me away back to the institute.

“You can’t run. That will alert them I want you to walk normally but keep your head down. Don’t look back. Just walk away. Do you understand Florence?” Principal said urgently.

Another nod. They’re here to take me away back to the institute. I’ll never see Minny again.

We heard footsteps.

“Now or never Flo.” Principal said. “Be strong. Don’t run.” He said before getting out.

They’re here to take me away back to the institute. I’ll never see Minny again. I’ll never see Kai again.

I heard Principal’s voice far away like I was in a dream. He was talking to the two agents from the institute. I heard him leading them away.. I need to move but I my feet felt like jelly.

I’ll never see Kai again.

His smile.

Hear his voice.

No. I need to move. I walked out of the alcove, head down and walked away. I heard them asking what a student was doing wandering at class hours but I don’t look back. I need to get away.

My brain was screaming run run run but I willed myself to walk normally until I turned the corner. My feet took over and I was running, towards somewhere, anywhere. I entered a room, it was dark. It smelled like rubber. I rushed towards a dark corner and collapsed. I hugged my knees and started to sob.

They were here. It kept repeating in my head.

I clutch my phone. I dialed his number. I needed to hear his voice. I need him.

“Flo?” he asked when I didn’t say anything when he answered the call and his voice gave me some strength.

“Kai.. I’m scared.” I said clutching the phone and cried.

                                                                                     Ooo00ooO

Kai POV

It was already a few minutes since Flo went out and the others started to notice her absence.

“Where Flo?” Beakhyun asked me.

“She went to get some drinks.” I answered frowning. I suddenly felt very uneasy as I saw two men in black suits enter the auditorium.

“She should have asked us. I’m thirsty.” Minny said, Luhan handed her a bottle of ice tea. I usually roll my eyes at her but I didn’t like those two men, they looked creepy.

I watch as the Principal went back to his seat, he looked agitated.

I can’t take it anymore. I felt a sense of a heavy uneasiness. I took out my phone and was about to call her when it rang, it was her. She must have brought too many drinks again and needed help.

“Flo??”I asked frowning when she didn’t say anything when I answered.

“Kai..”Her voiced sounded broken. I immediately stiffened. “I’m scared.” She said and started to cry. I didn’t need any more encouragement. I bolted out of the auditorium not telling the others where I was going. She needed me.

“Where are you?!” I demanded as I looked around frantically.

“I.. don’t know.” She answered between sobs. “I’m scared.” She repeated. I felt my heart being crushed at her voice.

“Are you hurt? Florence where are you?” I ask running around. I wanted to scream her name but an instinct said to me not to.

“It smells like rubber.” She said softly. What does she mean smells like rubber. “They’re here.” She said even more softly but I can feel the fear in her voice. I suddenly remembered the two men in suits.

“Florence stay where you are. I’ll find you Flo.” I said as she cried. If I can only jump through the phone and appear beside her.

Those two men must be from the institute, they must have followed Aiden. I felt a spark of hatred towards him, how could he come here when he knows Florence is here? I wanted to hit him but Florence needs me more.

“Flo?” I said clutching the phone close. She didn’t answer but I can hear her soft sobs.

She said it smells like rubber. She can’t be at the storage room. I rush towards the room and opened the door quietly.

“Flo?” I said softly. I heard nothing at first then I heard soft sniffling at the far corner. I close the door and locked it and ran to her side.

She was hiding in a corner hugging her knees and crying hard. I pull her into my arms and clutched her face.

“Flo? Are you okay? Flo?” I asked frantically as tears fell from her eyes. I wipe them away but more seemed to come. “Flo it’s okay I’m here. Flo.” I said wiping her tears. She just stared at me crying even harder.

“Flo. They didn’t see you?” I asked as she clung to me.

 She didn’t answer but just stared at me. There was a window in the room that gave it some light. Through that light I saw her eyes do something strange. Her vibrant eyes were becoming duller and duller. They were back to the eyes I didn’t want to see. Her eyes that one time when she heard me and Minny talking at the vending machine. But what was scarier is that it’s going even way past it. They were becoming lifeless.

“Flo?” I said shaking her gently checking if she had any wounds. I didn’t see anything. “Flo?!” I said again as she just started at me. She was scaring me. She was like a lifeless doll.

“Florence!” I said her name loudly holding her face. Her eyes were lifeless but the tears continued to fall down. I then remembered Aiden saying that at the institute she was so aloof and silent, cold. Flo goes into a state where she becomes catatonic. Can this be one of those?

“Flo? Don’t go there.” I said to her. I read that people who go into catatonic phases go into a place in their minds where they felt safe. They don’t come back for a long time. I can’t let Flo go there. “Florence come back. Please don’t go there.” I said looking directly at her eyes.  Those blue eyes that I love are gone.

“Flo please come back. Please Flo.” I said as I felt my tears start to fall too. “Please come back. Flo. Please.” I said pulling her close. “Don’t leave me please.” I beg. “Please. I wrap her in my arms.

I kept repeating ‘come back’ rocking us both when I felt her arms move.

“Kai.” She said my name and I felt like angels were singing.

I clutch her face searching her eyes; they were slowing coming back to color.

“Flo don’t go.” I said.

“I’m scared.” She said as fresh tears poured out.

“Shsss. I’m here.” I said pulling her close. She clutched me hard, crying. “It’ll be okay.” I said reassuring both of us. If they take her now I’ll fight them. I know I won’t be alone. It’s a good thing I have two friends with wolf like strength and 9 others who will fight for her.

We just sat there. I hugged Flo as she clutched me close burying her face in my chest.  I have never seen her so broken and scared. I was wrong when I said she was not a damsel in distress. She was now.

I kept repeating softly useless words as I brush her hair softly. She just hugs me hard. If this was any other occasion I would have been elated but I never want to see Flo like this again. I will do everything in my power not to see the life in her eyes disappear.

I didn’t realize the whole afternoon had passed until I heard her phone ringing. I pick it when she didn’t move to answer it. I looked at who was calling, it was an unknown number.

“Hello?”

“Who is this? Is Flo okay?” A British voice demanded. It was Aiden.

“She’s fine. She’s with me.” I answer not hiding the anger in my voice. There was some shifting in the background and principal’s voice came on the receiver.

“Who am I talking to?” He asked.

“It’s Kim Jong-in sir.” I answered.

“Oh Kai. You’re with her. Where are you?” He asked relief in his voice evident.

“I found her at the storage room.” I answer.

“She is okay?” he asked.

“She’s crying but she’s fine.” I said looking down at Flo who was sniffling but smiled weakly at me. I leaned down and plant a kiss on her hair. Her smile went a little wider as she clutched me hard.

“We’re coming there.” Principal said and ended the call.

“Principal is coming.” I said to her. She just nods silently and went back to hugging me. She didn’t say anything but I can feel that she’s calming down. I leaned down again and burry my nose in her hair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter